HALO helmet is crazy EXPENSIVE!

This was to be done by scanning QR code in exhibition area. I am aware that URL which comes after scanning, people shared it with family and friends and they were also able to book it. Now link has expired.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

I think it is the cost of making that helmet.

What you are forgetting is.

• Custom body
  • Custom foam.
  • Speaker
  • Mics outside for audio pass through.
  • Mics inside for your audio.
  • Battery
  • Wireless charger
  • DOT certified.

And r&d to fit all these in helmet+Harmon kardon licence fees. That justifies the 6.5k price. Then add software + maintenance + profit. So a price between 13-15k is justified.

The buddy helmet fairly priced and everyone should buy it.

7 Likes

The headfox helmet is not good. It seems they are just making holes in existing helmets, adding parts of a Bluetooth headphone inside somewhere and calling it a day :confused: Very cheap finish, no competition to the Halo

3 Likes

Text me personally. I got the link for payment but my plan to get the Halo has dropped :confused:

(i realised my 450+ without Bluetooth would render it almost useless, basically the same as wearing normal earphones)

3 Likes

That means i am not getting the Headfox. Will try and get the Halo.

3 Likes

6500 i agree is justified. 13K kinda is hard to digest even after your explanation.

3 Likes

I just hope they don’t forget to include physical buttons on the helmet. I’ve had Bluetooth drop connection on my scooter 90% of the rides and physical buttons on headset is lifesaver.

3 Likes

I dont think there are any physical buttons in the helmet. Didn’t see any in the keynote

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Have you personally used one? what’s halo doing more are they making a custom sound system? One pro to halo is just a bit better quality and nice speakers according to makers and nothing else.

2 Likes

I have one doubt, how will you answer a phone call in halo while riding a non Ather?

2 Likes

I had early demo for Halo it’s integration with Ather is major selling point. Sound clarity was good like they have claimed. During demo it even had wireless charging in gen3 also but now it’s missing.

4 Likes

I completely agree it’s integration with Ather vehicles is phenomenal (by visuals only). But does it justify the price with the fact that it can be fully used only with one vehicle.

2 Likes

The 6500 or even 8000 price is great with the addition of physical buttons (I am sure they are not going to add that in this first iteration).

2 Likes

You mean to say dual Bluetooth connectivity? It is there but it already connects to scooter & your phone so there is no scope for any other devices

3 Likes

I haven’t used one but looked it up YouTube, went through their website and some reviews before coming to the conclusion. You even see the old logos (like Steelbird) on the helmet and they just slap their sticker on top of it. It’s a good initiative but it screams jugaad.

Halo is built from ground up to be a Smart Helmet. It has sensors to detect when you put it on, automatically pairs to the scooter (selling point) and the phone and wirelessly charges itself up. Not to mention Ather ChitChat where you can speak to someone else through the helmets and also jam to music together.

This comparison is like Boat vs Airpods. Yes both are Bluetooth earphones, both have great sound quality, but Airpods have subtle touches to make you go “Waah kya cheez hai”

8 Likes

1 Like

The WAAH KYA CHEEZ HAI… is a game changer for me. Just based on this comment I will decide to go with the Halo.

4 Likes