Green Initiatives

Yes actually it is getting popular now and lot of people are going that way, which is nice. would love to have him on this forum and yes also post some pictures. I can post some pictures too.

2 Likes

Sure, will ask him to join the forum

Thank you… :handshake:

1 Like

Have any of you folks watched Leonardo Dicaprio’s ‘Before The Flood’? If you haven’t and aren’t sure how to improve your contribution to the environment, my recommended first step would be to watch this excellent documentary. Covers everything from automobiles and energy needs to our food consumption.

If any of you need free copies, let me know. Will post a link. It’s available for free viewing on vimeo.

6 Likes

I want please

Here you go man - https://vimeo.com/190012126

Above link is for online viewing. If you want a downloadable version its there on my personal cloud drive. Not sure if am allowed to post cloud storage links here @rajeshkav?

4 Likes

Yes, sure, you may please go ahead to share as long as it benefits our community. Anything without commercial intent is welcome. However pls check and ensure legal rights are not violated.

3 Likes

That’s an interesting documentary. There are a lot of small changes that one can do in our day to day life which can create an impact directly to our lives as well as the environment. I have done a few changes in last few months, I can share all of them if any of you are interested to know :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Please ensure there is no copyright violations if shared

2 Likes

Yeah that’s an issue. Online link posted earlier will have to do for now.

Watched for 5 mins… Really liked the content… It’s available for free streaming in Hotstar… Saved it for later viewing

Oh yeah totally forgot about that! Interested folks can visit the hotstar website or install the app to view it in HD for free, no account required.

4 Likes

Watched half of it, it a very good documentary. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Glad you watched it! Am just happy that we have folks here interested in our environment and sustainability… :slight_smile:

This documentary has been a significant milestone in my life, an eye opener. I started learning more about and practicing sustainable ways of living, including owning an EV, after watching this.

6 Likes

This is one of the best documentary i have ever watched on climate change issue…
Info obtained from duration 1:47:00 to 1:53:00 was mind blowing… Also info from 49:00 to 53:00 was a great shock… Everything boils down to what public chooses to consume, what they choose to believe…

4 Likes

Glad you watched it man, I hope it helps make a positive difference in your lifestyle … :slightly_smiling_face:

@everyone: Again encourage you all to watch the documentary. Dicaprio is a UN ambassador and therefore covers the effects of the climate crisis worldwide with focus on countries like India.

4 Likes

Sure… After watching this, i will be thinking of what i consume, what i use, what i choose… I think i will become a minimalist… I have to work my way of reducing my carbon footprint…

4 Likes

Leonardo DiCaprio’s Earth Alliance donated $5 Million for Amazon Forest Fire Relief Fund, really appreciate him for that.

2 Likes

To reduce my carbon footprint as well as the waste generating my house few steps I have taken:

1.) Unplug/Switch-Off devices when not in use.
2.) Stopped purchasing synthetic fabric and only purchase clothes made of organic cotton or bamboo fibre. The reason being every time you wash a synthetic fibre small plastic pellets release from the clothes which mix with water and goes down the drain and go any where and everywhere the water goes thus spreading the contamination. Also purchasing natural cotton helps the farmers.
3.) Buy organic vegetables which are grown without synthetic/harmful fertilizers. The only downside of this is that self life of vegetables and fruits is way less but it encourages me to not stock in vegetables a lot an only buy as much is needed for a few days.
4.) Floor Cleaner, Shampoo, Soap, Laundry Detergent, Utensil Cleaner that I use are bio-enzymes made of orange peel and bubble-nut which even when goes down the drain doesn’t pollute the water and can also be reused. E.g the water after moping the floor is used for watering plants.
5.) Carry container if I want to do a food takeway no matter what, I do get stares from other customer but at-least I don’t feel guilty about the plastic that I would have instead brought homw.
6.) Try not to buy things which are sold in plastic and if you have to make sure it is recycled, actually you can NEVR recycle plastic, you can only DOWN-CYCLE it i.e made something else with it but every time you send it for down-cycling the quality of plastic decreases hence chemical additives need to be added to make it strong. Moreover dirty plastic can never be recycled hence I make sure whatever plastic I give for recycling is cleaned properly. Also, read between the lines e.g check for :recycle: symbol on every wrapper and the number written inside it e.g if number 6/7 is present inside this :recycle: symbol it can’t be recycled :frowning: e.g Lays Packet, Toothpaste Tubes, Plastic Cutlery.
7.) Substitute plastic with bamboo wherever possible e.g toothbrushes. Bamboo grows much faster than wood and only absorbs 30% more CO2.

These are few things I do along with a lot more, sorry for the long post :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Kudos… If one among us does so much, it inspires us to do something, at least one thing…

In fact, effective than a well produced documentary :slight_smile:

3 Likes