Feedback on Ather Forum

Whoops, some CSS weirdness, looks like the banner was the culprit, have disabled it temporarily. Should be fine on refresh.

Phew! Wasn’t just me who saw the forum on LSD a while ago then. Was wondering what happened!

But the banner on top for top news was a great idea.

2 Likes

Agreed, the idea is great! Hope they deploy a fixed one.

2 Likes

They deployed it and looks good :clap:

White background not looking good. Please provide black background

You have to do this for dark theme.

3 Likes

I have a using the forum for quite a some time. All the feature request are scattered in the forum. I believe Ather team is making a note of it.

For feature request instead of forum style, if we use uservoice.com or some alternative we can avoid users posting same features again and again in the different section of forum. It saves time for users and as well as the Ather Team. Also we can see the votes, which helps you guys to priorities the features.

You can mention the status of feature request accepted, started and released. It gives lot of clarity and transperency to the community. I do understand it can increase some pressure on your team.

5 Likes

I don’t know if this is a bug But when I click on enter. The cursor goes to the next line in the draft. But when I post it. It appears to be in the same line. 2 enters makes it skip a line. As you can see I used an enter here ( u can see it in the screen shot ) but in the post. It’s on the same line

Once I hit post. This is how it looks

2 Likes

That is markdown. You could put two spaces before the enter and it would be a newnline.
Check out how I write italics with _ instead of *
Also see how the new lines appear with the (invisible) two spaces at the end.

2 Likes

Yep! :slight_smile: https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax

I didn’t understand where to post hence posting it here as this topic is something relevant.

What is this message appearing on top of the forum page.

1 Like

We noticed that a lot of you were getting too many notification emails from the forum. We’re investigating why this is happening, possibly a bug in the platform. Until we resolve that in the next couple of weeks, email notifications are disabled to avoid inconvenience

2 Likes

Not sure how it works here, but on some forums I am a member of, once a new reply notification email is sent to a person, no new email is generated for further posts on THAT thread until the person visits the thread again. That keeps the emails restricted to just one email per thread until I visit the forum again. Is that how it works here too?

Yeah that’s how it’s supposed to but some were getting > 10 emails a day for topics they were not even part of, which is what set off some alarm bells

2 Likes

Aah, that’s quite peculiar!

Hey @abhishek.balaji

What do these lock icons mean? Are they visible to the user that started the topic and ather owners only. Or open to the public? If so, why the lock? Is it just to signify the category?

1 Like

Lock has two uses here, on categories and sub categories, it differentiates the ones which are accessible without login/group membership, and ones that do. No lock means it can be viewed by everyone.

On a topic, it signifies that the topic is closed and wont allow any more responses.

1 Like

So if youve logged in you can see everything?
Or are yiu saying there are 4 tiers

• Not logged in
  • Logged in but not an owner or pre order
  • Owner
  • Mods and managers

For example

this thread has been started by a non Ather owner and it has that lock symbol, what does that signify? It’s visible only to owners and the one who posted and not visible to general public?

1 Like

Lock on a category signifies it cannot be viewed without logging In.

A lock on a topic indicates that it is closed for further replies.

Reference screenshots

In second screen shot I am logged in so I am able to see the locked category Where as in other screen shots I am not logged in hence not able to see the locked category but able to see the locked topic.

1 Like

Even if you log in, do you need to be an owner to see these threads is what I’m asking,

I think that’s quite clear. And that’s now what I’m asking.

1 Like