Feedback on Ather Forum

We’re working on this and you should see this available in one of the future updates :slight_smile:

How about pinning certain basic info within frequently used threads? Basically FAQs but pinned within the threads so that they are encouraged to check answers to some of the latest questions before posting their own.

2 Likes

Considering making https://forum.atherenergy.com/categories as the default home page instead of latest as it is currently. Any thoughts? It’ll help make it easier for new users to go to the section they need to. Have bumped up the FAQs on the list as well, so anyone scrolling through can find it easier.

1 Like

That’s a great idea! Most forums I use elsewhere also use such a category view as the default landing page primarily to force people to navigate to the correct category relevant to their need and search for existing posts, so as to deter users from posting repetitive questions already covered on the forum.

PS: Can we also have a popup tutorial for first-time users like some sites do? Force people to go over a quick intro including points on basic forum etiquette (search before posting, be polite, etc.) when they create their account? Else, pin a thread on forum rules on the top if possible…

1 Like

Looks very structured and clean.

One thought is along with this globally pinned posts which may contain announcements or such must be coming over top so that no one miss those. These posts shall have a time frame to become unpinned.

Also this

Only Ather team or moderators can pin as such.

Thanks @harshithbhat @kumar.uppaluri2 what about the mobile view? Considering that most forum users log in through mobile, does it look fine?

2 Likes

The view in mobile application also looks good in my opinion as the categories are put neatly and highlighted (opened through the link provided in my mobile application) one can directly check what they wanted to explore.

I’m probably not the right person for this :frowning_face:

Have logged into the forum using the app less than a couple of dozen times I guess. Primarily because the app on my phone didn’t load the Forum tab for the longest time until a few months ago…

App or mobile browser would have the same view

Wanted to share this since the update.The forum on mobile looks very good. Clean design,easy to navigate etc etc . Glad that update came. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another change today, we’ve enabled automatic switching between themes depending on whether your device is set to dark/light mode. If this doesn’t happen for some of you, or you want to be on dark/light theme all the time, head over to your preferences > interface screen and you’ll see a new option to “Enable automatic dark mode color scheme”

4 Likes

Good to see this feature coming. Is it time based

And also is there a change in colour schemes I see some sort of a change.

It’s not time based, depends on which mode your device is in. If you’ve set your laptop/phone to dark mode, it’ll switch, if your device switches based on time, the forum will too.

Yeah we brought back the original colors, the new colors were causing issues with text readability. Was harder to tell bold vs regular text and different shades of black etc.

1 Like

Got it.

And actually big :+1: to you guys for working out on some lost features. Got back few lost features like

going to the specific post which is lost and we are taken to last post. This is fixed.

The top menu bar which is not showing up and I have to scroll down and press latest topics. This is fixed.

For me, white was looking better than blue. The reply option is looking great.

1 Like

Haha actually, considering Ather’s recurring colour palette & schemes, shouldn’t the forum be heavy on white and green instead of blue? (Unless you plan to reveal tomorrow a new “450Y” that is going to be all blue, and this was a silent teaser for it… :crazy_face: )

2 Likes

450Y which is BS6 compliant and has Adblue for Battery :joy:

1 Like

That’s coming up! Want to make it a lot cleaner than the kichadi right now. While the dark theme was nice, it made text very hard to read. Could not tell between regular text, a link or bold etc. Hence removed the customizations done on the theme.

Oh yes, if you spot any really nice looking forums/communities, do share them. Looking for as many references we can get!

1 Like

Amazing possibilities! :joy:

For sure! There are some nice ones out there that have taken very different approaches to user friendliness. We can pick and choose what works best.

Forum looks messed up on desktop :confused: Tried different browsers, same result.