Feedback on Ather Forum

Would you add this too? :sunglasses: PS. Default from :+1:t2: has moved to :heart:

2 Likes

Now when the like button has changed from :+1::arrow_right: :heart: , there is no issue in liking a post till now. Everything is working fine without any issues :blush:

2 Likes

Suddenly I’m feeling like Admin, I can edit some posts, also edit titles and mark some posts as a solution. Is this new or it’s just for me

1 Like

That’s a wiki post. Since you’re a regular member at trust level 3, it’s normal that you have access to edit wikis. Community support posts shouldnt have been wikis, have fixed it.

4 Likes

That’s what I was wondering yesterday too. I thought to be moderator rights have been given :joy::sunglasses: What do you mean by Wiki posts? Can’t edit this post though it being community support one:

1 Like

A wiki post is like this one: Help list the "EV-friendly" apartment complexes!

A type of post which allows multiple people to contribute by adding/editing content, useful for when the community wants to create shared resources.

4 Likes

True I was ready to edit so many posts😂

3 Likes

The back button is broken on the Ather app when accessing the forum. It has been the case since I started using it a couple of months ago.

I mainly use the Ather app to access the forum. After reading a post, when I click on the back button to go back to the previous page, it just takes me back to the App’s Home page which shows the odometer reading. Can this be fixed? It makes it hard to use the forum properly.

Also, maybe unrelated to this thread (apologies if it is), how do I change my name that is displayed in the forum? I can see the name in the profile page, but there is no way to edit it!

3 Likes

Same! For some reason, my name on the Forum automatically changed to my name as per my documents last week, and don’t seem to be able to edit it despite it saying it is “optional”. image

My best hunch is that this was forced to avoid anonymous / pseudonym usage of the Forum.

P.S.: Blurring my last name in the image so that once (and if) the issue is rectified on the Forum, then my last name isn’t public just because of the image I shared :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

आपको हिंदी वालों को भी अपनी कमेटी में जोड़ना चाहिए सिर्फ अंग्रेजी बोलने वाले ही Ather नहीं चलाते हिंदी बोलने वाले भी चलाते हैं हिंदी को भी उतना ही सम्मान मिलना चाहिए जितना अंग्रेजी भाषा को।

1 Like

Well, we can talk in Hindi but the choice of language always comes to understandability and reach. Whether you like it or not English is far more understood in urban India, which comprises of Ather’s customer base, than any other regional language.

So, it’s obvious why English has been the language of choice for this forum. There isn’t any official policy (that I know of) that you’ve to use English but it’s the most obvious option.

Also typing in regional languages on keyboards is really clunky or almost impossible and I much prefer to type in English.

5 Likes

If i type Ather in capital letters and post, it will not come in capital letters. Why only Ather? You can see in the above screenshot i have typed Ather in capital letters but when i post it, it will become small letters. Why?

It’s a watched word on the forum, no specific reason, just a whimsical setting to ensure Ather is written correctly :stuck_out_tongue:

There are other things in place where you wont be able to write a post or a topic title in all caps etc. Prevents common errors

4 Likes

Just want to see if this is a watched word too!

CHOR

It’s not. :joy:

3 Likes

BecUze i :heart: my ~Ather~

1 Like

Interesting. I guess we’ll have to do this instead - ΑΤΗΕꓣ! :laughing::wink:

2 Likes

How did you post in capital🤔

I should be able to Recatogorise this, but for some reason, I’m getting this error, So a Regular is not Authorised to do so or it’s just another forum bug?

1 Like

The hamburger menu isn’t working for me. Is this only faced by me or others too? Please help @abhishek.balaji .

1 Like