FAME Subsidy

I was informed today morning about the pause of all works by the dealership for further clarification in FAME 2 subsidies. So deliveries are going to be delayed.

1 Like

1 Like

Hi. My vehicle is out for delivery this week. I see that FAME2 Subsidy is now approved by govt as far as I know you can check it online. I need to know what would be the revised pricing?

If your invoicing and registration completed before the FAME 2 announcement (11-june), and only delivery is pending, I doubt if you are eligible are revised pricing.

1 Like

Just got word from sales counterpart that new subsidy is applicable for vehicles which got invoiced after 11th of June and no RTO process has been initiated (like temp registration, etc)ā€¦ For all other vehicles, the old rate will be applicableā€¦

2 Likes

How much was the reduction it was seen in some articles 14500 but while ordering it was only 9k approx

1 Like

Thatā€™s incorrect. It doesnā€™t mention specifically 11th June onwards. Even if it does Ather has to do something about it for consumers who have already booked and waiting for delivery as the price realisation happens during the delivery. @abhishek.balaji

1 Like

I am also curious to know what happens to people who have booked, paid full amount and are awaiting registration and delivery. It would be nice if Ather clarifies the situation ASAP. Technically the new subsidy should apply to all vehicles that have not been registered regardless of date of invoice (as per my understanding - if a vehicle is still not registered/ registration process is not complete it is still property of Ather and not the customer - the customer only becomes the owner once they have received a registered vehicle int heir name.)

Yep! That clarity is what weā€™re seeking, before sharing the information formally.

4 Likes

For Ather, every time FAME subsidy increases, this is a nice problem to deal with (handling customer questions about pending orders).

2 Likes

It is right. It is better to give information later than mislead users due to incorrect data.

How was the last time handled. How did the subsidy alocation turned out to be?

Last time, FAME II was announced in November 2018 but there was no clarity on ground till around May 2019. RTOs were not doing registrations from April 2019 onwards till there was clarity. Since Ather was also delivering in batches at that timeā€¦they held up deliveries.

People who registered it before April 2019 including me got a subsidy of 22000 (it was a flat subsidy of 22k for every BEV). Later people got their scooters only in May end or June and that time the subsidy was 27k (2.7kWh battery Ɨā‚¹10000)

This time the on ground confusion should be less IMO but itā€™ll still take some time in our country. How much time is something nobody can tell precisely. Letā€™s keep it as SOON for now :grin:

2 Likes

I never knew 450 had a 2.7kwh battery,450x has just 0.2kwh extra maybe the buffer in 450 is more as we get lesser range and better battery life

1 Like

@hemanth.anand - Existing cap was 20% (30k). Now with the subsidy revision, the cap has been increased to 40% (60k)

With current battery capacity, Ather 450X is eligible 43.5k subsidy (29k + 14.5k). Technically, Ather can fit up to 4 KWH battery and get total subsidy of 60k.

The other cap is the ex-factory price of 1.5 lacs. If Ather can retain it @ 1.5L and keep the cost of extra battery as an Battery upgrade pack (similar to Performance pack).

Yeah, It is all theoretical feasibility. Rest is upto the limitations of design & business.

Like what @tarun mentioned in an interview, the doubling of the cap is game changer. I hope manufacturers try to use it.

4 Likes

Ather ā€¦ please provide fame 2 subsidy to us alsoā€¦iam madhu I booked ather 450x in April 6 after lockdown ā€¦even today also not delivered vehicleā€¦but amount full paid ā€¦so we also need that subsidy

1 Like

It isnā€™t possible as they canā€™t retain the price of 1.5 ,the price will increase atleast by 15,also around 1.9 lac is their ex showroom price for the present model also where do they fit the battery,new re designing is required or they are has to be some cells that are to be insanely efficient that can hold so much energy in the same space as the present one Which all are impossible,the scooter price will be at 2.1lac So ex showroom price will be at 1.5 lac and onroad at 1.6lac Also this with the assumption of those insanely efficient cells or a complete new redesign or some jugaad in the boot Which are highly impossible.

3 Likes

Hello Team,

I have booked the scooter from Delhi and made payment in full on 30-Apr-2021. My registration process is still not started. Can you please tell me if I am eligible for subsidy.

Regards

Has anyone claimed the 5000 RS subsidy provided by the maharashtra government. And kindly guide on how it is to be claimed

Hey Soham it comes with ex showroom price of scooter,they are 5k cheaper than other states,just check the ex showroom price on the website Ex 450+ ex- showroom mysore 1.26lac Ex -showroom nagpur 1.21lac