FAME Subsidy

That’s some good news for future Ather owners. ₹15000 per kWh is a good subsidy amount from the Government

11 Likes

Aaaah… Bite me :frowning:

For some reason my Ather 450X now feels more expensive and even more not worth it.

Wouldn’t have been the case if I actually felt I was getting what I paid for.

2 Likes

From when this scheme is implemented ? May I get additional price drop if I book Today ?

1 Like

The gazette notification says this this comes in effect from the date of the publication. So any vehicle registered from 11th June onwards should be eligible for this new subsidy (₹43,500 for 450x)

5 Likes

This is really good news. For Delhi people, who’s already getting additional state subsidy, this makes the deal even more sweeter.

One - this makes adoption of EV more affordable for people, making the 450+ and 450x very close to the price of Ather 450… that’s good value for money.

Two - May be right time to bring extra battery power to compensate this price reduction. 20% extra battery will make the true range cross 100 km and real range cross 120 km easily.

I don’t think they can, even though the subsidy has increased the bar of the total cost of the vehicle still remains the same for the actual billing to receive the subsidy

There is a cap on subsidy at 40% of vehicle cost. I think 450x is already at that cap. So if somehow there is additional battery fixed(although unlikely), the subsidy will not increase.

Performance pack, now extra battery pack. Vehicle base Price remains same

Additionally increased fame 2 subsidy

Is it effective from the date of application for subsidy or date of registration of vehicle or date of invoicing or date of pre order ?

How it is ?? Give us a proper info on the same !!?

1 Like

Registration date is always the milestone that’s considered for such an eligibility. If anyone has got their vehicle registered on 10th June, they’ll unfortunately miss it by a day. Ather should be able to provide more details after some time. As with any regulations, announcement will happen first but operational delays on ground will be there. but good thing is these discounts/ subsidies will be applied retrospectively also.

1 Like

I bought mine in April and still vehicle had not been registered. Will I be eligible for this extra subsidy ?:thinking:

I think invoicing date matters. Because when I bought in 2019, FAME 2 subsidy was announced, but wasn’t clear.

So, Ather paused invoicing for sometime and asked owners not to pay and wait for few days, until fame 2 details are out and clear.

2 Likes

When 450 was discontinued ather started monopolizing the ev market. Ather 450x with performance pack is whooping 2 lakh :face_with_thermometer: :astonished: without fame 2 subsidy. The market really needs competition. If simple energy taps the market with proper pricing and performance they will fly high. fingers crossed.

3 Likes

As per the latest press release by GOI, FAME-II Subsidy is increased by 50%. So 15k per kWh. I had booked scooter in April end but haven’t taken the delivery. So will I be getting the revised FAME-II Subsidy or the old one itself?

Have you received the OTP for fame -2 subsidy and has your vehicle been registered? if you have paid the full amount for the scooter? if the answer is negative then you are eligible for the new subsidy

I’ve not recived OTP for FAME 2 subsidy. But I got the delivery one day before lock down. So as per your comment offer available for me?

I think invoice date will considered

@abhishek.balaji, we need clarity on this.

Who is eligible? and what’s the criteria?

While I wait for the delivery of 450x. Can Ather and team confirm the price changes on FAME2 Subsidy?

Link - https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/technology/auto/government-raises-incentives-on-electric-two-wheelers-model-prices-to-come-down-7023731.html

The notification came out Friday evening!. They also need to figure out what they will do for those orders that are already in various stages of fulfilment. Please be patient while they figure out all these nitty gritty details and update the website.

1 Like