EV Policy, Roadtax and Registration fees

4 posts were split to a new topic: Vehicle RC

All electric vehicles in Tamil nadu will get 100% road tax exemption till 2022ā€¦

4 Likes

5 Likes

Finally good news for Chennai peopleā€¦

3 Likes

Yes Rajesh, though TN was really late to the party, this is still a very good news.

But, this tax sop is for the manufacturers who are manufacturing in TN. So itā€™s left to the manufacturer to pass on the benefits by cutting the cost. Tax rebate to the manufacturer is not quantifiable. So I am not sure if the manufacturer will pass all the benefits to the consumer or price it according to the market demand and competition.

Because, direct benefits like FAME subsidy, Road Tax Exemption, Registration Fee exemption are directly passed on to the consumersā€¦

I assume if Ather starts manufacturing in Chennai, the final price of Ather 450 would have gone below the 1 Lac barrierā€¦ :slight_smile:

EDIT: I realised Road Tax Exemption is confirmed. Now, over to Ather to start manufacturing in Chennai and pass on the benefits to set the market on fire. :slight_smile:

if my calculation is correct, Chennai price will be very close to Bangalore price (with 2 free helmets :smiley: )

Pre-GST Price 130293
CGST 3258
SGST 0
Road Tax 0
Smart Card Fee 850
Fame Subsidy 26710 (20% of Ex-Showroom Price 1,33,551)
Insurance 5826 (Approx)

On-road Price 1,13,517

1 Like

SGST is 0 for vehicles manufactured and sold in Tamilnadu. Ather is made in Bengaluru and hence will This will not benefit the Chennai customers. The changes will be the waiver of road tax and registration charges. below is the comparison of the current and new prices for Chennai.

The final On-Road for Ather 450 at Chennai will be ā‚¹1,15,902. The Price in Bengaluru is ā‚¹1,13,715. But for the ā‚¹2,187 they get 2 extra helmets

7 Likes

Yup, I forgot that part. So GST remains 5%. So the only difference will be waiver of 4% road tax.

1 Like

Tamilnadu is waste still now they are collecting tax ā€¦

Yesterday was Tamilnadu Budget I did not see any allocation for the road tax waivers or specific details about it. Out f the 3 years tax holiday one year is already gone :slight_smile:

I have pre ordered 450 in chennai,and the payment window hasnā€™t opened yet,so will there be a price reduction due to ev policy?, since there is no update on the website

Government regulations are out of control of Ather isnā€™t it? The website will display whatever is the current price of vehicle according to the subsidies in the current applicable regulations. Youā€™ll have to pay whatever is the applicable price at the time of your full payment.

1 Like

How much probability would be there to expect in the price of the ather 450 to reduce to 1.15L?

Have lodged a grievance to TamilNadu Chief Minister Cell last week using below link

:point_down:t3:

http://cmcell.tn.gov.in

regarding the implementation of TN EV Policy. The Petition got accepted and answered.

This means that EV owners doesnā€™t require to pay tax and reg fees in tamilnadu? This I asked several times on forum, but everybody told it is yet to implement. I could see the Govt Order date also in google.

Anyone from Kerala knowing about ev policy?

No concession for EV in kerala.Literacy is more thats why no concession.:laughing:

@abhishek.balaji it seems tamilnadu implemented EV policy.Then why ather is taking Road tax and reg charges.

2 Likes

Karthik,

Please stop tagging me in every post. I do check the forum regularly and will get to unanswered questions. Iā€™d prefer if my notifications are not clogged.

On Tamil Nadu EV policy, if you scroll up and a read a bit, youā€™ve answered it yourself. Itā€™s not been implemented yet.

2 Likes

Ok. So whoever wrote the response to your petition needs to improve their basics of English language- not that I am a Shakespeare.

The response is so poorly worded, it sends out the wrong message. If and when the TN govt ratifies the policy, Ather will update their pricing to reflect the same.

So, I would really appreciate if this topic is put to rest until the ratification actually happens post which we all can celebrate the addition of one more EV friendly state.

1 Like

Thatā€™s True. From That reply we cant make out anything.