EPluto 7G

EPluto 7G

** The scooter has an ICAT-certified range of 116 km per full charge, which is the highest in the country in this particular class of product, and comes with patented battery technology.**

This IIT-Hyderabad incubated startup is all set to ride the EV high on its newly launched electric scooter.

1 Like

All electric bikes come under one category of range. This bike runs 60kmh top speed. But Ather is different breed of EV bike. It gives run for fast running bike in market. :+1:t4::+1:t4:

2 Likes

Bro compare the price to features. Do you think the price justifies for Ather(Rs 159000/- ex.Showroom) when we compare with some similar EVā€™s like Pluto (79,999 (ex-showroom)). Pluto has more range, Ather has more acceleration.

2 Likes

Choosing bike has many parameter for buyers. If we count on money Okinawa is lesser in price and range is 200kms. Buying definitely goes on parameters like Made-India for some/ highest range/ looks of bike. Only the consistent one remain in market.

4 Likes

Letā€™s compare the best with the second best, what ever be it according to you. At some point the price must also be taken in to consideration as it will be the deciding factor for many as we cannot just ignore the point that Ather is overpriced when compared to its best market peersā€¦

3 Likes

Does it have ā€œsuperā€ powers? Could not find much looking in.

2 Likes

You just canā€™t compare epluto7g and Ather 450ā€¦let alone 450x. Itā€™s just too unfair on the epluto7g. There is just no comparison at all.

Take a look at the specs

Parameter ePluto7G 450 450X
Battery 2.5kwh 2.7kwh 2.9kwh
Cells 18650 18650 21700
Peak power 2kw 5.4kw 6kw
Torque NA 20Nm 26Nm
Top speed 60kmph 80kmph 80kmph
Tyres 10" 12" 12"
Brakes F-Disc R-Drum F-Disc R-Disc F-Disc R-Disc
ARAI/ICAT Range 116kms 107kms 116kms
Gradeability 12Ā° 18Ā° 18Ā°
0-40kmph 5s 3.9s 3.3s
weight 80kilos 118kgs 108kgs
Battery Warranty 40000kms Unlimited Kms Unlimited Kms
Dashboard MF LCD Touchscreen LCD with Navigation Android touchscreen LCD with Navigation
IP rating IP65 IP67 IP67
Storage NA no full size helmet 22Ltrs Full size helmet 22Ltrs Full size helmet
Fast Charging No Yes Yes
Connectivity NA 3G 4G, Bluetooth, Wifi

Back in 2016, we purchased Alto K10 AMT for my wife and Polo GTTSI for myself together on the same day. GTTSI costed 11lakhs and K10 costed 5Lakhs. One of my colleague told while pulling my legā€¦ā€œYour GTTSI is so overpriced. you got fooled. compare with your wifeā€™s alto. Both are hatchbacks, Both run on Petrol, Both have AT, Both can seat 4 people comfortably and 5 with a squeeze, Alto gives higher mileage, GTTSI may just have a higher top speed thatā€™s all, Alto is from a much older brand in India, both have music system (who cares about touchscreen)ā€ I agreed to every point of his but we all know the reality of why one costs 11L and the other costs 5L.

Iā€™ve drawn this analogy before too because I own and know the vehicles well. It is a repetition but the message Iā€™m trying to convey is that we should not compare every electric scooter to every other electric scooter. There are different segments now (which wasnā€™t heard of earlier). The closest competitor for the 450x is the Chetak so far. Chetak is a good scooter but Even there the 40-50k premium that the 450x demands is worth it IMO.

If this epluto7g can demand 80000, then the 450x can certainly demand 159000. Iā€™ll buy a petrol scooter if I cannot afford more than 80000.

16 Likes

Alto vs polo is both are different breeds. Right comparison.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t compare Chetak and the 450. As per your analogy, they are still different segments. iQube maybe is a better comparison similar range and top speed and a 0.4-0.5 second difference in acceleration. Chetak of course is well built and all but Ather still sits in itā€™s own niche just like your GT TSI.

2 Likes

I tired the EPluto 7G at their Kalmassery/Kochi showroom. This was a classic looking, dumb E scooter, with a few not-so-dumb features.

Comparison:
Positives:

• Higher (claimed) range.
  • Silent driving
  • Car-style RKE system with immobilizer and alarm (yes back tire wonā€™t budge!)
  • Removable battery. Can charge indoors, carry two packs for long trips, etc
  • Smaller charging unit
  • Center stand :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Pillion side footrest :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  • Price < 1L

Negatives:

• No connected features
  • Hub drive, affects driving feel hugely
  • Limits 65 kmph for sport mode (top speed)
  • Very little seating space
  • Almost no boot space because battery is in the boot
  • (this is huge) accelerator will not work if you touch brakes

About the accelerator-brake issue: My wife and I were testing and on a u-turn slope. We had to brake and accelerate together to get out of that situation and it was impossible. I had to get in and use clutch-brake-accelerator skills like in driving a car to get back moving! If this was a main road, you get really busted!

Overall, getting the Ather 450x was worth the money, when compared to the half-priced EPluto 7G.

4 Likes

Unlimited KM ? Wait what?

Plus it sort of cuts off if you hit a huge pothole. Probably something to do with the hub motor torque rather than the throttle.

The epluto is good for its own market. Many fruit vendors and shop owners around my aread have bought it and theyā€™re real happpy. They get 70-80+Km range adn at the fraction of the cost of petrol. Power isnā€™t a necessity for them. It rides at the speed theyā€™d normally ride an activa.
I look at the 80 Kilos and Im always surprised. Itā€™s so light weight! It must be super efficient.

1 Like

Received this on a WhatsApp group.

2 Likes

I have no information.

My concern is that people will generalize this as ā€œEVs are dangerousā€ and that is not a good thing to happen at this stage.

I had never felt good about ePluto. No offence to any owners here, but it feels like a cheap Chinese Vespa look-alike to me.

2 Likes

I bet there is history of ICE engines exploding like this, way back when they were introduced. But still they caught up due to necessity. But ePluto gets a lot of minus points on this, like Okinawa.

1 Like

looks like I see someone like the owner of the ill fated scooter in Beige shirt and jeans taking a video in close proximity at 40 sec

2 Likes

And this incident will be used as generalized shaming of all EVs. Company should apologise and take responsibility of it, itā€™s loss of trust of many.

3 Likes

This scooter does not have lifep04.

2 Likes

this video is going around social media. what was the problem? Itā€™s EV Pluto 7g, but how guaranty you can give for our Ather 450 X or 450ā€¦ please donā€™t delete this post. we want the answer. all need to know.

1 Like

We canā€™t possibly comment on why that particular scooter caught fire, but have passed this on to the battery team to get back on some of our testing and safety measures to prevent such issues with the 450/450 Plus/450X battery packs.

11 Likes

Still, we feel you have to know the reason and see it wonā€™t happenā€¦ no EV is perfect. we still fear to ride. donā€™t see Ather video viral in the coming days. this is just to give you caution and clear it out our doubts, many many of my friends are asking me and all the EV owners in Ather community that why will it not happen to yours or any other company EV. please R&D.

1 Like