Electricity Cost For Charging

How Much Does Electricity Bill Charge come for 1 month by using the Ather 450x Dot Charger at home. Like Approximate Electricity Cost.

6 Likes

Varies from person to person depending on distance used as well as efficiency of riding.

Refer to this thread as some people have posted it

General approximation can be done. If you ride 600Km a month. Taking about 60Km per charge you get 10 charges. Each consuming about 3-3.5 Units of electricity. So that’s 30-35 let’s say 33 units of charge. And depending on your location and tariffs. Taking around 7 rupees per unit it’s under 250 rupees a month.

22 Likes

I was trying to analyze my Ather ride log and found something very suspicious.

The units consumed to charge seem to be about 190% more than what is required.

The vehicle has consumed 58 kWh to charge according to the ride log to travel a distance of 525 kms which brings the running cost to about 0.9 Rs/Km which is 3 times higher than what is claimed.

Sharing some calculations to help get some better clarity.

Ather Calculations

Ather Ride Log - 2

Just trying to understand what might be the reason for such a huge difference.

16 Likes

How many days did you charge your vehicle in March, 58 units seems way too high for ~500km. 58 units correspond to nearly 15-16 times fully charging your vehicle from 0 -100%

21 Likes

I got the vehicle on 18th March and have charged it for just 12 days at an average of 55% of the battery capacity as per the ride log. This amounts to a power consumption of roughly 26 units which is still pretty far-fetched to the 58 units that the ride log shows.

Definitely, something to worry about considering the huge difference.

19 Likes

There seems to be some issue. Get the charger & the point checked. My stats for 505 kms. In Feb, drove for approx 990 kms at 36 wh/km and still the electricity consumption is less.

9 Likes

Thanks for this. I will try to reach out to their customer service and have the issue figured out.

11 Likes

How did you get this stats

5 Likes

10 Likes

Even with continuous highway use it’s never been as high as that. (And that’s generally pillion and/or with over 10kgs of load)

6 Likes

Usually they mail monthly ride logs, if you can’t find then visit - Ather energy > Login using Ather ID > Click on Your Ather 450X > Ride statistics > Download Monthly Ride Log.

7 Likes

I don’t think you need to worry much about this, its probably a bug from Ather’s side in log calculation. Your actual consumption probably isn’t 58 units. Raise this issue with their customer care and they will fix the log. Also check your April month’s log, mostly it should be a one time bug.

5 Likes

Use smart plug and see how many units it would show…

2 Likes

How to get these stats info from Ather app?

6 Likes

You can only get them in the monthly ride log.

3 Likes

It is clearly mentioned in your stats that u ride maximum on higher modes that’s is sports and wrap which makes the motor to consume more units try riding more on ride and eco coz 50/75 is good speed for a scooty

4 Likes

It doesnt matter which mode you ride on. The efficiency of the rides helps in understanding the electricity consumption. There is some issue with the shown figures.

8 Likes

Any updates on this? Even I am getting higher unit numbers in report

1 Like

Just an update on the same, still showing excess charge consumption.

I got in touch with the Ather team and no one has a clue as to what is happening, I had to explain the problem to at least 5 different people, and still no resolution. They are highly disorganized and are least bothered to resolve the issue. They are making me run from post to post like in a government office. Gross negligence. Not something I expected from Ather.

Ather Calc 1

2 Likes

How many times did you charge in a month, also what’s your standby battery drainage? For me, it’s around 3-5% daily (some days even more) and if you are not shutting off your scooter, this adds up very quickly over the month. For 44 kwh, it should be around 12-15 full charges (44/ 3.7) Do you have access to any external meter where you can monitor charging stats (smart plug etc) If you are based in Bengaluru, I can lend you one for a short time.

2 Likes