Discussions on Vehicle and App OTAs

Thanks Abhishek, able to login to new app.

1 Like

I want to join beta testing group

Is anyone else facing issues with the indicator? The indicator does seem to auto switch off. I have restarted the vehicle and this still seems to keep blinking even after turning. Now the only way for me to stop the indicator is to switch on and switch off. Is it the update or something else?

Hey @abhishek.balajiā€¦ I am on ios 15 betaā€¦ love to test new app. Please add me to beta

Thank you

2 Likes

Link not working. It says the page is private.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji thanks for the beta link. App looks nice and able to get charging completed notification now.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Errors in ride log

Added you to the group, can you check again?

1 Like

There should be an option to set alert for receiving notification after reaching x percentage. As of now, I created a Apple shortcut with approx charging period to set a timer. I mostly charge between 10% and 50% so set timers for levels between them.

It should actually reach between 90 to 100 percent by that time.

3 Likes

Smart charging is the answer buddy. But Ather feels its not worth the effort. Just leave the damn thing connected all day and night. Tomorrow when you go sell it, they will say we didnā€™t take good care of the battery. Lifeā€¦!!!

2 Likes

Is it bad for the battery if we leave the charger plugged in? I thought there will be an software cutoff.

It stops charging & when the battery level goes below 100, it charges it to 100 again and waits for it to drop again and so onā€¦ you get the idea. It keeps trickle charging the battery and maintains 100% (or 95% actual) Its not good to keep it plugged in @ 100 unless someday Ather allows us to limit the charging level to say 80% or whatever we want to choose. :blush: For my usage, its perfect to charge to 80% and then i stop it. I charge it to 100 ONLY if I have planned a long leisure travel OR when I am damn annoyed to go down 7 floors just to stop charging.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji We need atleast smart charging for this man,or he is going to ask for it forever in every possible thread :joy::joy:,on a serious note smart charging and controlling charging from the app is a really really important feature,now this is what makes it a smart scooter not the maps that keeps redirecting or the dashboard that keeps rebootingā€‹:sunglasses:,also why not have a poll for this if itā€™s possible so that this can go up on the priority list ,as the ather team think this is the demand of only few owners,I am damn sure of what the poll results will be.

4 Likes

How is 10.1.5,any bugs?.What issues have been resolved,you are on beta testing right? @Cloudgraphy

2 Likes

Well, it still has bugs ! Still on the early access version, where we try to test things before it releases to everyone.

Trying to put across all things noticed like, occasional screen reboot, auto-indicators etc. Hope these get solved on the 10.1.5, soon to be available to you all!

Why not a timer-based smart plug? After seeing your reply, I think it is better to set a timer-based smart plug. We can see the approximate time it will take for a full charge from the dashboard & then set the timer according to it. I think you donā€™t need continuous wifi for it. A mobile hotspot should suffice, I guess. Anyone in the group tried it?

I tried smart plug with the jiofi hotspot router. But you know what, I had to go down 7 floors now to turn off charging the jiofi router. :joy:

It was surely convenient to ask Alexa to start/stop or schedule charging but ā€œjiofi router ka plug kaun band karega!!?":rofl:

For Ather it should be a really simple software implementation. But they are busy killing millions ā€œbugsā€

8 Likes

Wouldnā€™t it be possible to put both devices on the same smart plug? Get a multiplug and attach the jiofi charger to it as well? That way you can turn both off. Yes, you wonā€™t be able to turn them on though. Still a temporary fix.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve the 450x Series 1, for which I still havenā€™t received an OTA update. Meter is super buggy and keeps crashing on the go. The IOS app also seems to be lagging behind the android version. Please help!

2 Likes

For the vehicle OTA update, contact the Customer Care or the local dealer. They should be able to sort it out. As regards the IOS app, the latest version is in early access testing and will be released to all the IOS app users soon.

2 Likes