Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

No change in price. They would have told you that we’re working on sharing mode details on the current plans and making things much more clear than at launch.

2 Likes

Not as of now. We’ve got feedback on the subscription options, and are evaluating new pricing structures, but the upfront price will remain the same.

1 Like

Subscription plan for how many years…? Up to pricing of 1.49 and 1.59…? or after that also we have to pay…?

1 Like

We are working on a exchange program for current 450 owners, but we do not have any plans to facilitating buyback of other scooters

Subsidy cap of 1.5L is on the ex-Factory price. On top of ex-factory price, you have various other costs, such as GST, transportation, accessories and much more. Hence, the 450X Pro on upfront purchase qualifies for subsidy. We’ll announce the exact subsidy amount once we get regulatory clearance.

3 Likes

You can continue the subscription plan for as long as you’d like, to keep the lifetime warranty intact. We are also working on exit options where you can exit at anytime, similar to a loan process. You’ll have to pay an exit fee, calculated based on the residual value of the battery and some nominal other charges.

1 Like

If we buy the 450x upfront… Can we pay for ather charge/service/one per year instead of per month?

Yes, we’ll announce those options soon. Don’t want to confuse everyone again with even more numbers :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

A well designed infographic should do the work.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji what is the upfront cost of Ather 450X pro if i am not eligible for FAME II subsidy as I already have a 450 ?

We’ll share the breakup soon.

1 Like

So the bms issue in 450 can’t be fixed through software update ?As other’s have said earlier before launch of 450x you people said your are working on fix now after launch of 450x why this sudden change ?

2 Likes

Putting this in the correct topic.
I have made an assumption that within 4 to 5 years under subscription you get a new battery based on 1580 per month for battery for 4 years i have arrived at the residual cost for battery.

Also 10k kilometers per year for 5 years is the assumption. If you run more you breakk even with a petrol scooter faster.

I still think 450x pro is worth the premium due to its ride and character, but i deleted 450 plus from this table earlier since personally i think it is useless. So can’t show the figures, but it was around 10k difference to pro in both modes of purchase.

Also there is an advantage of interest accumulated for lower upfront cost. But i excluded it here, because it was making the numbers too complicated. Example for pro upfront you pay 60k lesser but at the end of first year you would pay 24k for subscription and at the end of 3 years you will end up paying more money. If you continue to subscribe for 5 years, the interest effect turns 0. Whereas if you buy an ntorq you get around 30k in interest in your pocket for the difference amount. It is more useful for people doing loan purchase.

Other note worthy points

1. I will not take ather one because for upto 10k kms it is not usefull in Chennai with electricity tariff being low.
  2. Battery cost of chetak is loower because they are using a block designed and supplied by bosch, i am considering economies of scale.
    3… The service cost of Ather pro sub is lower because battery issues are covered under warranty.
    4… WIth new rules the road tax in chennai is also nil.
  3. Also even though i have used the older model prices for the ice scooters, with BS6 you will pay more this is why i used the ABS version prices of SR150 to give an idea. On the fli side, you will save more in petrol with BS6.

If you are worried about the cost go for the 450, you will break even with your ICE scooter really fast. It is at a 20k premium over the chetak but it gets higher top speed (deal breaker for chetak) a touch screen and dual disks. just this warrants the cost.

P.S. I did this for my decision process, but since there are so many discussions around cost i thought it might be usefull for others. Please excuse mistakes or let me know so i can correct them.

7 Likes

Let’s avoid complex math.

1. 1.7L upfront. After 5 year, 50k for battery and some subscription, total 2.2L
  2. 1L , after 5 year 1.20L (2k per month), total 2.2L

Looks almost same. If we go with 99k one, it’s feels safer.

In the end I end up paying almost same. Let me know if I did any wrong calculations…

2 Likes

You are right for 5 years… After that subscription will become much more costlier. So it depends on how long you plan to keep the vehicle.
Note:- Generally since electric vehicles have lesser moving parts they tend to last longer than the petrol vehicles (battery excluded). So in the longer run subscription will become really expensive.

Concept of buyout is different. if your battery is 80% you will not get battery, if you do, your battery buyout is reset.
For example
1 if you don’t get battery replaced, after 5 years you pay for new battery.
2 if you get battery replaced at 4 years, you need to pay for 8 years in total or buyout remaining years of battery and maybe the cycle continues.

so there is somewhere between 25 and 50k you pay extra for subscription depending on how you ride.
the plan is complex, you need complex math.
But if you want to make it simple, why would the company make the sub plan same and provide battery insurance for free. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got it…so if I keep it for 10 years , upfront makes sense assuming battery is changed at 5th year…

2 Likes

The upfront costs are always high. If you decide to go for a subscription which is 400/month then that will amount to ~5000/year and for 5 years that would be 25k while the battery cost might be somewhere around 30k which totals to an amount of 55k.

The 1.7L you mentioned is the ex-showroom price, so adding about 10,000 will give you a rough estimate of the on-road price, i.e., 1.8L.

Adding the battery and subscription cost, you’ll be set back by 2.35L for a span of 5 years.

Picking the subscription plan is more beneficial as you get access to unlimited battery swaps when it degrades to 80% instead of the 70% degradation for the 3 year warranty plan which is provided with the upfront purchase.

It’s 1.6L as ex showroom price… So 1.7L for on road. So after 5 years it is 2.25L for upfront buying.
Subscription plan will come at around 1L ex showroom + 10k for on road. So 1.1L +1.2L for subscription=2.3L.
And from year 6…subscription cost>> upfront cost.
And we don’t really know when the battery will degrade to 80% current 450 owners haven’t seen much degradation.

3 Likes

You call it unlimited battery swaps. How many battery swaps do you think will happen in 5 years? Once? Maybe twice? And keep in mind… Ather decides when the battery is below 80% not you.
If you don’t drive much (30-40km per day) and plan to keep the vehicle for more than 5 years… Subscription is very expensive. It would be cheaper to pay for new battery every time it degrades to 70%.

5 Likes