Ather 450X Discussions

The body is made from ABS plastic and is pretty strong against minor accidents and bumps. There are no crash tests for two-wheelers.

What he said, but the panels are not weak :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a paddock stand, and it’s not portable. It’s meant for service/display and other applications.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussions on News and Updates

Not just riding data, but lots of research, and talking to customers as well. Apart from that, we also talk to people who ride two wheelers to understand their usage.

I think he said a looooottt more than the number of 450s.

2 Likes

Removing mandatory subscription is a welcome move, but considering cost of product is still too high with similar/ greater performance ICE vehicle (ref https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/ather-450x-discussions/4630/1657) you must consider giving all Ather services free of cost atleast for the warranty period / 3 years for who buying upfront.
Almost all new evs provides connected technologies in one form escpecially 4 wheelers.
Also asking money in name of fixes to system is not fair, its your responsibility to fix if any bug in product sold.
And about new features you can list new features when ready let customers choose to buy that.

2 Likes

Exactly told @lajith4u.Ather is asking money for bug which the company introduced during delivery of vehicle.Its company responsibility to correct the same without additional cost.Is mobile company or microsoft is asking money to correct the bug? It is not ethical to ask money in terms of ather connect subscription.I do understand that ather connect subscription includes other perks also.But They should have put an option to connect through local wifi and use those perks and also use for update.@ather.team @abhishek.balaji

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

The subscription is not just for fixes, it’s for new features, improvements, and connected services. To get a sense of what the feature additions and improvements are, you can check out info about the OTAs we’ve rolled out till now:

https://www.atherenergy.com/ota-updates

1 Like

Indeed, that’s why we’re being transparent about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, Thank you. I am happy with my 450 except that list of software bugs and other problems I have to live with. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Could I still get an Ather Health Certificate if I don’t want to sell it, but just want to see how the scooter is doing after 9months? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

i just saw this in email and realised what you said. I don’t mean the series / parallel combination. I mean the array itself is 12x15 to keep the casing dimension the same. This is just a guesstimate.
at around 3.5v per cell, If i am designing the pack it will probably be 8 groups of batteries which are interfaced in series and parallel to arrive at the required Wh.

1 Like

Infact shouldn’t this be a 6 monthly update like a newsletter! or atleast we should get one at every scheduled service like at 5k and 10k Kms

is my calculation correct?

3 Likes

You need to Include Insurance + RTO charges… in the outright purchase cost. Because 1.49/1.59 is ex-showroom whereas 1.14 is on-road price

Calculation looks good,
But how do you get the battery price 45K?
As per ather team itself after 4 years battery price will be around 40K and chances are to get lower as ev evolving fast. Also in upfront purchase if battery degrades within 3 years it can be replaced under warranty, even though battery is supposed to last longer, even the car manufactures giving 8 year warranty now.
Also 99K/159K is on road price?

2 Likes

What is 9000 against Ather-450 please?

Also no ather plan is mandatory with upfront purchase (even though Ather connect of Rs400/month is reccomended).
And comparing this to ICE will be more useful
Ref : https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/ather-450x-discussions/4630/1657

1 Like

Manufacturers generally give warranty period less than the actual degradation of the material. like headset for 6month , charger for 1year, mobiles for 1 year… in these cases, In normal condition you wont be able to make use of warranty. So Ather given 3years means generally Battery wont degrade below 70% before 3 year of use.

RTO charges 4% for electric vehicles?? correct?

Ather one plan… 8400/year + GST

Anybody here with a 2018 or an early 2019 450? Can you please shed some light on battery and range degradation over an year/no. of km?