Discussions on News and Updates

At least in traffic violation, I am okay for Auto Debit. Reversal only if you are proven right :slight_smile:

Police have least interest in catching you or leaving you if cash is not involved. Govt is pushing Digital everywhere but not hereā€¦

In fact, Govt should give 20% cashback if paid thru Digitial mode. :smiley:

1 Like

1.5 Lakh per camera? Thatā€™s a huge concern.

Not allowing them to use is altogether a different concern.

If anyone works at Bangalore Traffic Police Dept. let me know. Lets have a cup of tea (cup of coffee is not my thing) and discuss things.

2 Likes

Going digital is the best way to fine these offenders. I use Public Eye app as much as possible. just today Iā€™ve raised 2 complaints. I go against cops too. I have found and captured so many cops not wearing helmets and raised the issue to BTP. They show me the challan which is raised. But who knows if they have actually collected the fines from them?

2 Likes

Ah :joy: lets make it happen. Some one keep a camera ready and shoot them. Iā€™ll personally take it to BTP and make them issue challans on them.

2 Likes

From the numbers in the newspaper today, 25 out of 30 lakhs collected yesterday was for not wearing helmets. Iā€™m completely in favor of increasing fines, but the motivation of cops should be to ease the traffic and improve the safety of everyone, and not just making money.

I see people jumping signals every day in front of my office (Bannerghatta road near Thilaknagar). Driving on the wrong side is always acceptable. Wrong parking and private buses blocking the road is a common scene. Cops standing there seem disinterested/helpless. It happened today morning too! If they start fining important things that ease Bangalore traffic, in proportion to helmet fines, the system becomes more transparent.

Secondly, there are subjective rules like rash driving, harsh braking, which has no objective way of measuring unless cops have a video which we donā€™t have as of now. So, until cops are equipped with a camera, fines for such subjective cases shouldnā€™t be introduced. If a common man is fined more than their weekly food budget, it needs to be objective enough that theyā€™re not harassed by power, else itā€™ll just be bribing to get out of harassment.

5 Likes

appears we all will get update tomorrow

people who want to join last minute can also join by filling the form just before you start

coming to meeting point/venue and time
shall update once i get confirmation about it by tomorrow

1 Like

Just an update on documents from government official

As per this the documents are valid if shown on mParivahan Site or Digilocker

If you have the Ather on lease you canā€™t get the RC directly into Digilocker

Didnā€™t know abt this app, am def gonna check it outā€¦ So many idiots I want to report.

1 Like
1 Like

After 2.1kms elevation, the communication between the lander Vikram and control station is cut. Will pressing both brakes and power button help? :grin:

1 Like

Letā€™s hope for the best!

Mission ended, rather unsuccessfully. But hats off to ISRO for almost getting there.

3 Likes

Yeahhā€¦
Sooo close!!
Letā€™s see the newspaper in the morning!

Imagine the number of people who are left sleepless tonight. ISRO will bounce back if politics doesnā€™t hamper its future attempts.

Does that mean the portable charger will also take 4.5hrs to charge 80%ā€¦?..I have observed it takes just 2.5hrs for the current oneā€¦ @Abhishek correct me if I am wrongā€¦

I was thinking how stupid a plan it was to give away a bike for 3999/- ā€¦people will take it just for a month and just donā€™t pay if they donā€™t like the bikeā€¦or if you are in a city for just one monthā€¦just take it leave it there after the useā€¦now with 20k down-payment it is making some senseā€¦ Still not convinced how they are going to deal these kind of customersā€¦wait ā€¦no down payment for premium planā€¦that means this idea still works :ok_man:

2 Likes

Itā€™s not really stupid. If they are passing on all these benefits to customers and company taking care of all other formalities and paperwork. Thatā€™s amazing. As itā€™s a Micromax company, it doesnā€™t have a goodwill. A brand goes to any extent go get that goodwill. Itā€™s a win win for customers. There might be some hidden T&Cs. But still getting a bike in your name starting from 2999, is absolutely an amazing idea. They would have thought a lot about it to work out the financials. Nobody is here to make losses. Everyone wants profits. They are not fools.

Technically It will still be a loan. So you owe to the financial institution. If you are a guy who can run away with zero down payment, you can run away with zero also. :wink:

Also itā€™s common for many two wheelers already selling with down payment as low as 2999. (Itā€™s mostly dealer driven offers)

2 Likes