Discussions on News and Updates

Looking at the broucher the vehicle is more concentrating on range rather than power… Because they are not concentrating on charging infrastructure I guess… But people are looking for more power than range

2 Likes

It is not a brochure of Chetak but a presentation slide from Bosch about the components they’ve supplied.
I’d take the details of the vehicle, especially the top speed with a spoonful of Salt.
Looking at the cluster of Chetak, it is marked till 100kms and hence I’d expect top speeds similar to our 450s

1 Like

Sir,

They really don’t have to worry about charging infra. Many city administrations have already initiated plans for EV charging infra. As @AnaghDeshpande said, 60kmph is good enough for regular commuters. Performance is expected relatively by smaller group of population.

So their product strategy is perfectly planned out.

Only thing that i expected from Bajaj was a proper smart scooter. Anything lesser doesn’t make it a competition to Ather as being mentioned in many Auto Magazine articles.

1 Like

Sir,

Agreed that many cities have initiated for charging infrastructure… But actual execution takes lot of time… And many charging station support only their vehicles… Having scooter which can be charged only in home may sound risky and difficult… From my experience I can tell that charging EV is challenge in current situation without proper charging points avaliable… As a matter of fact most of the EV owners are not ready to share their points…

Talking about top speed 60 kmph I need to look at the time 0 - 60 then I can tell… In city like Bengaluru if you are stuck half the way overtaking anybody I would say 60 speed is not enough

Anyways we are talking on imaginary numbers here lets see when the scooter hits the road…

1 Like

Looks like portable charger works well even with seat closed must have some slot mechanism similar to vespa elettrica
1 Like

EV Charging Infrastructure Is About To Become The Next Gold Rush

1 Like
2 Likes

If this could be used in every electric vehicle wud be so great and ppl wont have range angsty

4 Likes

There is a startup in Bangalore working on this technology from 3-5 years…

1 Like

There is an Israeli company ‘Phinenrgy’ who has been working on various metal air batteries for quite some time. There are a lot of videos on YouTube

3 Likes
1 Like

Hey everyone, I’ve literally got some amazing news!:slightly_smiling_face:

To give some background, A journalist from Denmark wanted to tell the story of EVs in India and was interested in learning about Ather and other EV players in India. I got a chance to talk to him and his photographer and an article just got published! They work for a newspaper called Zetland but also are in the process of writing a book were they will incorporate even more information about Ather and the EV story in India.

It’s written in Danish but Google and Microsoft Translate does a decent job of making it understandable. So do give it a read! :slightly_smiling_face:

19 Likes

And @AnaghDeshpande gets quoted in the end!

3 Likes

Woahhhhh! Never expected my comment to be on an article! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Haha yes he did! Article says I helpfully pointed it out as an example to him but actually that was the WhatsApp link preview! But it caught his attention anyway🙂

3 Likes

Do let me know if they need more brutally honest opinions. I’ll be there. :joy: And if there are any such journalists who want to talk about EVs or tech in general, call me.

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Ride sharing and EVs

Next time pukka. Infact if that chance ever comes by again, we’ll try and get as many folks together as possible and get group interviewed! Put on display the power of the Ather community! :grin:

6 Likes

Quartz India: An electric scooter revolution in India needs better batteries

2 Likes