Ride sharing and EVs

Saw around 12-15 Ather 450s near RV road metro today for Bounce…
I know it’s a good business opportunity for Ather, but i think it’ll reduce the exclusivity of Ather as a brand !!

6 Likes

Wow… I don’t know how will bounce manage those scooters given the range anxiety

Forget range anxiety, i wonder how many will still have a working touch screen after a week of usage.

7 Likes

Wow! I wonder how they managed to procure so many. Probably Bounce also works on the model where the vehicles are owned by many people and given to them on a contract. So I guess Ather have not sold so many vehicles directly to Bounce. Just like the Athers at the rental company Royal Brothers.

By the way, I don’t think Ather’s vision was to be exclusive. It was meant to give a better than normal experience no doubt. It will become mainstream if they can produce enough to deliver immediately.

As regards to the vandalism, It’d hurt to see an Ather in that condition.

6 Likes

Oooh! Vivek from Bounce share posted this today:

This will be super interesting if they pull if off at the Airport

Also, he mentioned Athers would be on the platform “soon”, so idk if they’d be deployed immediately.

2 Likes

Good thing is parts and spares availability will increase if they are gonna take this B2B approach

I was around that area today and went to the metro station just to see the 450s. I spotted only some other Electric scooters and not Athers. Next time you see them, can you share a picture?

1 Like

Hey, for sure will try to stop and click next time …

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

Are these key less?
How does bounce charge them up? Detachable batteries ??

1 Like

Ather is not keyless (royal brothers)

others are keyless

2 Likes

One person in my apartment has rented Bounce Ampere electric bike. It has detachable batteries. Rent is ₹3000/month. Rented from bounce.

Isn’t it cheaper to buy it off?

3 Likes

Those are not athers in the photo.

1 Like

Ultimately found this Bounce !!
There is no start/stop button on the scooter. I guess they collaborated with Ather for starting or ending, or I am not sure how are they doing it.
I hate the look of it though …

8 Likes

While I’m happy that Bounce has got 450 in their stable now, I agree with you that this is not good looking at all. They could’ve done a much better job with that graphics. Those stripes going over the Ather logo is such a shoddy job. They neither seem to have any design guidelines nor design sense. Hope this is not the final one. If yes, they better get a better person to do this design.

Other that that, I’m preparing myself to see the sad sight of someone dumping a 450 somewhere in the middle of nowhere :pensive: (Whatever scooter it is, it is a sad sight)

3 Likes

How do you book an Ather 450 in bounce?
One of my friend wants to use it as he just loves my vehicle…:joy:

Hey @mprajwal0077, even I am not sure yet. There wasn’t any QR code also on the scooter. Will update once I get to know

Okay sure, thank you for responding so quickly…:slightly_smiling_face: