Discussion on Accessories

Thank you will come during weekends

Helmet lock 360 degree rotation for ather 450

8 Likes

share the amazon or flipkart link please. i think i saw this somewhere

1 Like

It is in my shop my shop located at seshadripuram.

Find the above link to reach our premises with no trouble

This is not from Amazon or flip kart this is available in my store as I am a distributor

Find the above link to reach our premises with no trouble

7 Likes

Nice work. But I don’t hear noise from owners so far about seat complaints. Is it just me or others experiencing it too?

@Shreyas, seat design is simply not right, at least for my bottom. No matter what position I take, I end up sliding towards the tip of seat within few humps/potholes. This is totally ruining the cruising experience I was enjoying so far. While I think Suresh provided a viable solution, I don’t understand why we should do something at our expense to get rid of Ather’s design issue.
I request @Abhishek @rajeshkav @ayanahmedhussain @samitbanerji @raghav.srinivasan (sorry, I was restricted to tag max of 6 users in a post) and other active users to share their experiences on this front, and if everyone has this problem, let’s get it some more attention.

6 Likes

I am nearly 6ft and I don’t think I have sliding problem.
But my butt is numb after more than 1hr of continuous cruising.
Also I wear jeans mostly.
It has something to do with the placement of foot.
I keep it in the beginning of pillion footrest most of the cruising time.
Also I have got no thigh support so I cross my legs occasionally.

2 Likes

Similar experience. Seats are comfortable but I keep sliding forward.

2 Likes

I know this topic was discussed earlier, but wanted to know - which helmets/brands fit under the seat? I am looking for full face helmet. I prefer not to have to carry the helmet or leave it outside. Also which kids helmets are good?

This will be my first time owning a scooter or using a helmet. I don’t know the delivery date, but wanted to make sure I buy one before delivery as I heard they don’t deliver without a helmet.

BTW, the Point was installed today and they did a fabulous job - very neatly done.

TIA

4 Likes

Studs and Vega go very well under the seat…

4 Likes

I have a vespa half face helmet (from my previous vespa) which is a rebranded Vega basically. I have a Studds full face helmet for my daughter. Any one can go under the seat in the storage compartment of the Ather. You have to fix a helmet lock if you want to have both helmets together all the time, or you have to carry any one at least.

1 Like

Thank you, Hemanth.

How about Steelbird? I saw one in store that felt good. Does that fit also?

1 Like

Thank you, Rajesh.

2 Likes

I got this one for myself. It’s a flip up type, best for city use.

https://images.app.goo.gl/3enqfNPvsSdraxru7

1. Light weight but nice quality stuffing inside
  2. Steelbird’s imported quality, somewhere between regular and premium helmets
  3. Closest I could find matching Ather’s design colors
  4. Fits easily in dicky, along with raincoat, gloves, half liter bottle and some grocery bags :slight_smile:
3 Likes

I too vote for steelbird full size helmet. I took suggestion of forum users and took helmet. The price was 2K and quality and look and comfort and very good. You can compare steelbird helmet with higher brand price helmets.

8 Likes

Where you purchased Santhosh? I also want one

Hahaha, out of budget

Anyways, I bought Studds Striker D6

2 Likes

I got it from lalbagh main road for 2800, helmets are costlier online.

I think you meant studds shifter d6, good choice. I went for flip up as I use specs.

Helmet market is located at lalbagh main road. I have been purchasing from Adeshwars auto zone since 5 years now. They give at good rate.

2 Likes

Yes shifter not Stricker!!

1 Like