Discussion on Accessories

Why has Ather not provided a USB port for charging a mobile? The Ola scooter has it and many petrol scooters have it too. Considering the fact that the Ather is a connected scooter, isn’t it obvious that most owners would also be owning mobile phones? Just like the scooter needs to the charged sometimes when you are not home, won’t you need to charge your phone too? @tarun

4 Likes

Their argument is: All the required connected features are available in the scooter’s dashboard. So you don’t have to worry about using the phone. Hence, no usb port. Imo, not adding a usb port saves them a lot of money too and thus higher margin. :blush:

5 Likes

Google Photos

Wouldn’t it be cool to have a Dot Charger or Grid Charger accessory like the Tesla Supercharger type mobile charger?

6 Likes

they haven’t even launched the accessories which is actually promised for 450x, creating an aftermarket cool phone charger is way off the list.PS in the initial days they did give away some cool Ather 450 3D printed models

4 Likes

They were are so cool! I saw one at the Mumbai EC. They also ran a giveaway om twitter. I wanted it so badly, I asked on the Forum too if I could get it. Or a t-shirt, or a shirt or anything but no luck.

3 Likes

recently I saw in my college a person had done a modification to their Ather saree guard like there was a plastic protruding inside around the sari guard like a covering to protect the belt but not sure how effective it is.

2 Likes

People need to be educated that sitting sideways on a bike wearing a saree is the incorrect way of riding pillion on a 2 wheeler.

2 Likes

Foot rest provided by Ather showroom (dealer) in Pune Costs Rs 768 as of now

6 Likes

Long back a few of the owners had done the seat mods in kamanahalli. Can anybody send the location of where they did it and how much it was . Thanks in advance

3 Likes

JMJ Seat Covers 094485 20980

how is the service of the place and how much did it cost ?

2 Likes

Service place is decent. Better visit in the afternoon time because it will be almost free at that time. Cost will be decided by your decision, that how do you want the seat to your comfort.

Still for a average rate it will almost cost 2,000 rupees

6 Likes

Got my seat cover done from Jmj seat covers kamanahalli to prevent the sliding issue for the seat. The person there knows the problem already and has solutions for it saying that Athers have been coming there since 2019 with the same problem. Very kind and patient person and once he fixed the seat with some loose staples and fixed it saying I can take it for a ride around just to see whether its nice which actually was good and now the issue of the gradient being too steep and slippery is finally put to rest for me as he put a hard foam below the gradient to still ensure shape of the seat but give a comfortable seating position , once done after sitting on it I have not slipped to the edge even in hard braking… Also got a little orange on the back just to reinforce the orange accents of the scooter :crazy_face:

Thank you all who recommended this place was a wonderful experience…

5 Likes

Can you share how much did it cost for this?

5 Likes

for the foam and a new seat cover of good quality and that little orange mod at the back it costed a total of 800…

5 Likes

thanks. I wanted to do, but seeing an earlier post of approximate 2k, I thought to hold on… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What?! Only 800 for all those. The seat cover itself costs 700 or 600 least and the faom, the extra color… all of these costed only 800? Maybe it should be 1800 u maybe missed the 1 in 1800 while typing :wink: :sweat_smile:.

Yes, for a normal seat modification only it costs approximately 2k

3 Likes

actually he put foam below the riders seat only plus a nice quality seat cover and he said that small addition of colour only costs 30 to 40 rupees so total 800 rupees only , this was for my case because the whole 45min I was talking to him about athers the problems and solutions. plus he started with my scooter as soon as I told him the problem no waiting time…:blush:

2 Likes

I done basic seat step cut even deeper and add a extra layer or foam a year ago for 900, I don’t think it’s typo, BTW the location is Turbo linings Old jail road Chennai

4 Likes

He’s right! 800 seems perfect. Since i had gone with a new foam, the overall cost went to 1100/-.

My seat costing -

New foam - 750/-
Seat cover - 350/-
Total - 1100/-

4 Likes