Discussion on Accessories

When it comes to storage as we all know the underseat bin of Ather has a capacity of 26-litres - the largest for any scooter in the market. I always thrown in a lot of items and most of the time it easily gets full. Also if we keep a helmet inside there is very less room for anything else. I always carry water with me and when we need it every time we have to switch off the vehicle and get down and open the boot and take out the bottle to drink.

As it was sunday had some free time and thought of this idea. Started working on it, did some DIY stuff and it has come out well. Ather being a performance scooter now after this mod i can happily call it SUV of scooters.

19 Likes

Looking good @Rahul. I’m interested. How much does it cost?

2 Likes

Just curious, would this break anything that passes inside, or is it a known place to screw?

The internal Ac / Dc converter has been removed in the current 450 model. So there is lot of room inside. Nothing to worry about.

Is there some internal diagram or something that can help with mods like this?

1 Like

Nothing like that is available as of now but visiting the experience centre and having a closer look at the scooter’s aluminium frame can give us a better understanding.

2 Likes

I saw the charger port lightning symbol first on @hemanth.anand’s flight and he had guided others in Bangalore to get it. I am from Hyderabad and yet to find some shop who can do this for us. So anyway possible that we have like a non profit online store to purchase these pan India.

1 Like

Over the weekend, I added the following to my “White Lily”.

1. A layer of extra foam cushion over the seat.
  2. Seat cover over the foam.
  3. Mesh cover over the seat cover. (To protect against scratches by felines).
  4. Floor board mat. Selected the closest fitting one, got some cutting done on the mat to fit as close as possible and screwed it to the original mat.

Nice modification, but I have one doubt! Will the screw holes anyway compromise the water resistance? Wouldn’t this possibly cause issues with the electrical systems inside?

3 Likes

No extra holes were made. Used the existing screws and the holes to fix the additional mat.

No not at all, water resistance remains intact. the screw hole is made precisely for the screw size and sealed with a stainless steel washer and bolt on the backside.

There is literally no electrical system or wires running behind the water bottle holder. So it’s completely safe.

2 Likes

Thats good to hear! Nice and practical modification for the season!

3 Likes

Finally got the screen completely covered with the Nano Tempered Glass. I happened to see a seller having the Tempered glasses specifically designed for Ather 450 and 450X. He fixed the same on my Ather and it’s a perfect fit with perfect rounded corners. If any one interested, please let me know i will share you his number and you can contact him. He has several in stock. I bought 1 more for backup.

On Amazon it was 450 rupees. But i got the tempered glass at 350 Rupees :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Please share the Sellers Amazon link.

Hi @findcpk,

he is not on Amazon. He is a local seller in my city. if you need you can contact him directly and he will send you.

1 Like

Seller Phone number and address pls

1 Like

The seller from Bengaluru or Chennai? If Bengaluru, please share contact no.

Now that Ather is expanding to multiple cities, can we try to make an online store where everyone can access all these accessories discussed on this page. Because for sure Bangalore or Chennai local sellers will not be ready to post it to Hyderabad/ Pune/ Mumbai/ Delhi.

I thought of an idea :nerd_face:… to share accessorizes across different cities

4 Likes

Contact number pls blr or Chennai

1 Like