Discussion on Accessories

Dude, my mom is 5.4 and 60 years old, she is easily able to sit sideways and ride 20 kms one way totalling 50 kms average ride everyday. Definitely not a reason to cancel, only downside is there is no saree handle, so holding the vehicle on the side is a bit of a hassle but not a dealbreaker.

3 Likes

Hey,

That should not be problemā€¦

if you donā€™t mind can you come with your mother to Ather space Chennaiā€¦ where you can actually take ride with your mother and see how comfortable she would feelā€¦

1 Like

Yes my mother cannot climb the ather when i stand like a bahubali. Ofcourse, When i tilt it she can easily swing a leg and sit. She is 60 and has joint problemsā€¦ All depends on you if you want to find a solution youll find one else life is difficult if fear is an option.

2 Likes

my mother is short and she had same problem climbing.

I bought a portable stool from Amazon and my mother is able to climb easily now.

5 Likes

Just found out that even Amazon.in has added Ather Energy Ather 450 in their motorcycle listā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been seeing this from a month or two.

5 Likes

price ?
can share pic

1 Like

Came across. this product on Amazon. A screen guard for Ather.
Any one tired yet?

7 Likes

If you looking for tempered glass, donā€™t take this one. Itā€™s just a thicker plastic screen guard.

6 Likes

Is there an foot rest on the vehicle ?

Yes the riders footboard doubles up as a footrest on both sides which is suprisingly very comfortable to use. But there isnā€™t a big one to help sit sideways.

2 Likes

Thanks. So how are people coping up ? Both my wife and mother sit sideways wearing a saree. Do they have an risk of falling off ?

Both my wife and Mom are short. But My wife doesnā€™t struggle to sit sideways wearing saree.

But, my mom struggles because of the height and the distance between pillion seat and footrest. So Using a small stool to get into seat. But still she prefers to take scooty whenever she comesā€¦ Managing with stool for now.

2 Likes

Sure

I am considering to buyā€¦ Not confirmed!

1 Like

I got it, itā€™s pretty decent quality, only thing is that you have to manually cut the corners to make it fit perfectly.

1 Like

Its always risky sitting sideways, a traditional scooter or an ather.
Ather has chosen the asthetics as priority over utility on this particular add on. But there is a saree guard that they provide so I donā€™t understand the logic behind it completely.
As of now and I think there wonā€™t be a change with this feature.
You could try to have a test drive with your mother and wife and ask for their opinion.

3 Likes

Regulatory requirements :slight_smile: . Ather had to provide a saree guard due to regulatory requirements. As your rightly told, sitting sideways is risky in any scooter. Added to that climbing up is difficult in the 450. If there is a pillion with saree, Iā€™d park Ather and use a Car/Auto.

11 Likes

Another alternative would be, if your wife or mother can ride. Let them ride and you sit as pilion. Because riding in a saree is no issue at all.

8 Likes

I removed my vehicles saree guard in second service itselfā€¦

1 Like

I hope there arenā€™t any warranty clauses regarding removal of saree guard. :sweat_smile:

1 Like