Differences in 450 Plus and X

With good hardware y does 450+ doesn’t get atleast 2.5kwh usable battery,then many won’t by 450x is what ig Anyways thanks for the replies Pre-ordered the 450+😁

The spec sheet link doesn’t open

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’d rather have @ather publish it officially. What I can say, however, is that even models like the 450+ that are supposed to be Bluetooth “incapable” are running on the same display hardware as the 450X, and they are using firmware to block these features out.

Very classy move, depriving + owners of features that are already present and overcharging X owners for a fictitious “hardware upgrade”.

8 Likes

Yeah, I have a 450+ (PLUS) and I can vouch for it. I was surprised on the day of my first OTA update after I bought the scooter, to see that my 450+(PLUS) converted to a 450X(PRO) with Bluetooth functionality and WARP mode with some extra space at the top in the battery SoC indicator, showing that the 450+ also has the same battery capacity as the 450X.

I wonder what “performance upgrade” and “Bluetooth hardware” those 450X peeps are paying for? :smile:

Note : The converted scooter went back to the old 450+ after half an hour.

@abhishek.balaji , do you want me to post pictures of the dashboard of that day?? I could happily connect my phone RAW to the dashboard, but could not use the bluetooth features because the App is required to give me premission.

Considering your sales team has the gal to lie to my face at your showroom that Bluetooth is not available on the 450+(PLUS) because “it lacks bluetooth hardware”.

Isn’t this akin to Ather just shooting themselves in the foot? :joy:

4 Likes

I do. Please do the honors.

+1. From what I gather, this is an entry level tablet sourced from Micromax with cost, not capability being the defining attribute. Sealing it off completely from any fresh airflow makes it even worse.

1 Like

Do I really post the pictures? What if it hurts what Ather has been professing until now about the 450+? Since the company and moderators are so kind as to allow people to share beautiful pictures on the forum, all credit must be attributed to them. The credit of being able to experience WARP mode on my 450+(PLUS) and finding similar and equal battery capacity as the 450X is a refreshing feel. Also, finding how blatantly capable of lying that Bluetooth features cannot be made available for the 450+ because of lacking hardware has opened this junior’s eyes to the mystical.

4 Likes

This in fact has been discussed at length in some other threads when 450 Plus was first announced. Software-restricted versioning is common now in automobile industry, akin to what you see in many software/apps on your computer or phone. A thread that might be relevant here:

1 Like

Ather had made it clear that until the 450+ order volumes are sufficiently high, it wouldn’t make sense for them to have a separate line of 450+ specific parts (dashboard & battery pack).

All 450x & Plus sold till date are the same H/W platform with features limited by software.

With an iPhone, the app is not even required for Bluetooth connectivity.

1 Like

And yet, people are being told by CS and dealerships that the 450+ is not BT capable because of “hardware differences”. Hell, you were convinced until not very long ago that there’s no WLAN capability on this device What a lovely cluster!

Only when an issue is dragged out into the light does everyone come out of the woodwork presenting justifications that are full of holes.

5 Likes

Whoa. Makes me wonder what else is software limited! Is ather purposefully screwing with us just to see how pissed off people can get with bad software? You know as a case study? Or is it like you want me to get so frustrated that I take the anger out on my dear vehicle and then break something it by mistake and have to pay you to repair it? #conspiracytheory

2 Likes

Oh, where have they made it clear on their front page website? Or maybe in their FAQs? Or are you implying that the sales team at the showroom is completely justified in lying to my face about the absence of Bluetooth and WiFi hardware?

Excuses like these may have worked at the inception of the mobile phone. But now? Seriously? Even a loner in the mountains holds a mobile phone please.

Haha, here is a moderator helping us justify that the “performance 'UPGRADE” doesn’t actually exist. Ather should rephrase it correctly as “disabled features enabled to create a model for an extra 19k”. Nothing has been upgraded infact. The 450+(PLUS) should be called the “performace restricted(by software)” model.

1 Like

Calm down buddy. No need to make it personal. This was mentioned in one of the Open Houses that the hardware would remain the same until unit economics works out for them.

And I hope you understand Moderators are not employed by Ather. We get the same hardware and level of service that any other owner gets.

7 Likes

Ather plus and ATHER x BOTH scooter are same or only software difference I am surprised only for software we pay 20000 rupaye sounds crazy

1 Like

Both hardwares are same, even the 450 plus models are registered as 450x in RTO.

For warp, Bluetooth and 10 km extra range (450 plus installed battery as same as 450 through software they controlled as usable battery 2.4 kw, 0.5 kw is buffer in plus). Ather 450x should be sale in 450plus price.

Misleading the customers as the name " performance upgrade" they charged 19k additionally. This strategy ather followed in past won’t go for long RUN.

3 Likes

They have given access to 2.3KW to the users of 450+ and 2.6 to the users of 450x yes buffer can be helpful and they can lock the performance like WARP mode for 450x but they should give access to at least 2.6KW access to 450+ users as well so that we can get better range. @atherenergy please roll out the OTA for increasing the range because even though we are getting it 1.4L , you are getting whole amount near to1.7L so more range is justified in that much price.

I agree with that, but you should give access to 2.6KW capacity access to 450+ users as well because that is justified with the price we are paying and you are getting which is approx 1.7lakh.

3 Likes

Agree. 450 plus available battery capacity is lesser than 450 which was cheaper.

1 Like

We are agree all about that you control the scooter with the software but we want to know to why the company hide the Bluetooth feature

Both are scooter are same because RTO registration is atha Plus show in RC ather x This is a mistake or anybody explain about that

I totally agree with this. Though I am not sure about the technical details and the numbers, I can confirm just like everyone else that the 450+ is just locked by software and that even the Branding doesn’t come from the factory itself. Let me explain

I wanted to do a PDI for my vehicle once it arrived in stock, so I requested that I physical inspect the vehicle before they sent it for RTO process. The experience center people initially didn’t agree but eventually gave in and brought the vehicle out front. So what they did was opened the settings page for me to verify the chassis number. Though I forgot to take pics at that time, I was clearly able to see that bluetooth settings tab was visible and I was confident that even warp mode, and that extended range would be there, I just forgot to take pics. Also, the person was really surprised that I opened the boot to verify the chassis number and also went down to see the engine number, all thanks to the community here :blush:.

Another striking point I noticed that the vehicle was missing the sticker whether it’s a 450x or 450+ in the sides of the vehicle. Also like others said that it’s registered as 450x only… I’m very confident that the factory only sends 450x. On the basis of orders, they must be installing the software restrictions and branding in the experience center itself.

4 Likes

Well yea. I don’t know why people are so surprised. It’s difficult (read not feasible) to manufacture two different products for ather currently. It would be much easier for them to roll out one product and tweak it to make another one. It’s a standard industry practice. I’ve seen this in quite a few places as well. If the demand of 450+ increases exponentially then they could explore the option to manufacture units specifically for it.

Also, I don’t get why its bothering people? You’re getting what you paid for? I’m talking exclusively in terms of hardware not software. People asking ather to unlock battery capacity and Bluetooth, etc is like you going to a 3BHK service apartment or a hotel, paying for 2 rooms to sleep in and telling the management to open up the 3rd locked room that you didn’t pay for just because it’s there and no one is using it?

I get you’re frustrated about things like subpar software like maps etc. But you can’t demand ather enable bluetooth and extra range on the 450+. Why? Because you didn’t pay for it! If they want to do it let them do it out if their own good will.

Also, think of the sh*t storm that would follow if they did, I personally know of a few 450X owners who would bring litigation on them because they paid extra for the same stuff.

9 Likes

I can attest to this sentiment. I’m a 450+ owner, and I felt duped when I learnt that all the hardware I’m paying for cannot be used to it’s full potential just because the manufacturers hit a ‘restriction’ button. I was under the delusion that it was my battery, my motor and my belt drive after I’d paid for it., so I could do what I wanted with it. This whole software restriction issue is being fought about even by Tesla owners. At the end of the day, such disappointed owners can only blame themselves for not reading the Terms and Conditions before making a deal of purchase with the company.

3 Likes

Well, even when you purchase hardware items like intel chipset and certain software, they do have software/firmware locks. From a manufacturer perspective, it is easier to run a same line for all intel i# processors and then disable certain areas to create i3, i5, i7 etc.

I am not sure if this is the exact process with those chipsets, but it definitely is a thing in markets.

Moreover, both 450x pro and plus are publicised in the website, and it is expected to be what you choose with the ₹ you spend.

3 Likes