Deliveries: Chennai

Yea that is the biggest scam happening with all the dealerships since so many years. Now only they have found it out. The highcourt in the north has issued notice to 17 dealerships who have not given two helmets for the buyers after delivery. Wish Ather follows the law and govt norms strictly and let them be the first to provide two helmets to their buyers as promised by Tarun. Also during the Chennai launch Tarun did explicitly say that extra cost on the on road price was also because of government mandate of providing two helmets for all new vehicles.

6 Likes

Yes, during the launch event they promised for 2 helmets.

@Shreyas any updates on the above post from Rahul?

@Shreyas @Ather.Team. kindly provide clarification here

1 Like

What’s your booking ID??

I am not sure about helmet rule
But ather care is not at all helpful in providing resolution .it’s been four days since I made my payment and also made my insurance payment in autovert. But ather order still says please complete insurance. Ather and autovert keeps blaming each other.
Autovert has already responded through mail to ather. But ather keeps saying they are following up with sales team regarding the issue.
Not sure why it takes 4 days to sort out the issue. People who made payment after me. Received the RTO registration messages.

Its disheartening to see ather care is not at all helpful. Neither autovert is helpful.

Both keep blaming each other.
Today again they promised it will take another two days to resolve.

At first they didn’t live upto their sept delivery promised.
Delayed it by 10 days to open the payment window and then they took more than 10 days to open the payment window. That too for just 150 orders. The rest of the 1st slot has to wait till Nov .

And now even after making payment and insurance . They are not initiating my RTO process

7 Likes

@Ather.Team it is disappointing to hear that a customer is being left hanging for a week without resolution. A premium product needs better support than what is being displayed here.

7 Likes

@Shreyas Please look into this helmet issue.

@Shreyas Any update on helmet ?

@Shreyas @Ather.Team @tarun Why Ather is silent on this important topic ??
Be open, whether you will provide or not provide.

Hey guys. Did u all get your beast ?? Because it was expected to release by September right !!

If I am right I am the first few buyers who made payment within 5 hours.

Due to the some issue with autovert insurance and ather portal. My order still says please complete insurance.

@Ather.Team
Only fake promises.
Its been five days since I have raised an issue
All they tell is we will resolve it ASAP.

This is the height of harrassing a customer.
And they do it by using nice words with customer.

I am helpless now. I keep getting calls assuring that it will be resolved . No action taken yet.

One more day ,I’ll wait and I’ll cancel my order.

A simple order update they can’t do it in their portal.
I am not sure, how are they going to service the customers in future.

I tweeted Tarun Mehta , ather energy in twitter.
Let’s see , whether they will respond.
Failing to respond. Before cancelling the order. I would file a petition in consumer grievance portal, make sure ather pays for their mistake.

1 Like

Completely understand your situation. Hope you issue will resolve soon Bro.

Booking ID 11379 All done. Got a call from Ather for inspection of premises for Ather Dot installation. Those folk expected late this morning. As the building is family owned no issues with Association and so on. Expected time of vehicle delivery is mentioned as 19th to 24th Oct. Looking forward to riding a EV after riding ICE 2-wheeler’s since 1978 (I was in my twenties then, Yezdi was the wheels that the young went after). My son who it is registered to will be the main user. I will still be using my current ICE 2-wheeler. Though I’ll be taking the Ather for a spin whenever it’ll be available.

5 Likes

Not even a message or email stating that your orders will get delay due to some kind of issues. Don’t know what really Ather team thinks about the customers. The true fact is they are losing the respect what Chennai customers had on them.

2 Likes

Issue resolved. Status is changed for delivery.!

They need to resolve these kind of issue within few days. Forcing anyone wait for almost 5-6 days will only make them lose many future customers.
If they are not going to rectify the way they are servicing the customers. I am sure they will have to face huge set back in their business.

7 Likes

Reposting Again

Guys from Chennai, Please join the watsapp group https://chat.whatsapp.com/KDSS9fgFtrsLwDOk8RMzCf to help out each other when we are on Road and share amongst us

One request for the Chennai friends…
Use this or any other WhatsApp groups for coordinating any rides that you may plan in future or in some emergency situations or so. For other discussions, use this community as it’ll benefit a larger population.

8 Likes

Hi guys,

At last have a order confirmation yesterday. As everyone I’m also unsure about the two helmets thing. They promised two so it should be two. As a promising startup they should stand up to their words. Fingers crossed till delivery. Will update when the team calls for dot installation.