Deliveries: Chennai

Just curious to know when you finished the Lease documentation and Payment - The date?

I too have taken a plunge to lease it and i am also a little bugged that there seems to be no clarity and transparency in the transaction status.

Though in all fairness to Ather , my delivery windows is still a week away.

Payment window opened: Oct 11
Date of Lease: Oct 14
Payment made: Oct 15
DOT installation: Oct 21
Insurance start date: Oct 25

Thanks for the update @bikerdad.13 .

For me it opened and i did all the formalities on 22 Oct. From there there it has just been silent and seemingly no action.

I guess the festivities of Diwali has slowed things down.

Called customer care today… just getting very common reply that concerned team will get back to you. I don’t know they r checking status in the system or not. A week now since dot installed. Waiting for RTO process…

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Taking Delivery of the Ather 450!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussion on Accessories

I paid on 7th. Loan released on 11th. I have been following up with them daily. Am 4 days past me delivery date. Each and every step was delayed for me. I had to call them for everything. After that they say some reason every time. Am still waiting for form 20. This is extremely tiresome and the opposite of what Tarun noted at launch. This is one of worst delivery experiences I had. I rate Ather 0/100 for the experience. They have zero co-ordination between their teams. Am still excited about the product. Hope you take feedback seriously and improve

5 Likes

No further update after dot installed on 10/26. CC told me on Fri that someone will reach me on monday but no calls yet on RTO process. Feeling very disconnected… made payment on day 1 of payment window opened. Its 14 days now… all we expect is an update on next process probable date. @Shreyas, @abhishek.balaji please help…

1 Like

@bikerdad.13 tomorrow being the last date of your delivery window, whats the status of your vehicle delivery.

Taking delivery tomorrow. :innocent:

4 Likes

Hey @anand.raj78,

Just checked with the team and someone will be in touch with you today regarding the delivery :slight_smile:

Congratulations

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Owners in Chennai, tell us your experience!

Ather Dot installation completed on 31 October, still no communication about the actual delivery date.

Dot installation team was very professional and quick.

Extremely happy with everything except intimation/communication about delays. Please send out at least an email with the link to this thread.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji @Ather.Team

I made payment on 24th Oct as soon as the payment window was opened… I have paid at once. After that no update from you guys. It’s only me who called CS team on 31st Oct to check on delivery and DOT installation it was only then they scheduled an appointment to install the DOT on 5th Nov. Installation completed on said date. Happy with the installation but still was not happy with the charges levied for extra materials… 150 rs per meter is way high. For e.g. Installation at my place required total of 16 meters (which includes 5m of free wire provided by Ather) excess was only 11 meters of wire and the piping which would have costed me only 500 to the max if I would have bought it from market and labour could be max of 500 (if I take it to the max) so total would have costed 1k if I would have got it installed it but you guys charged 1650/- which is like looting customer… Seems like you guys are charging the technicians salary from our installation. :joy: This is not acceptable you guys should charge it nominally. Even though the excess 650 is small amount for me to pay against the vehicle (which is again priced high :rofl:)
it’s a huge amount for you guys when you get it from all customers (understand, this is how a company is built… :joy:) It feels like despite doing a pre order I am paying for the charger. Your technician should be informed that if any customer is not ready then you guys should Atleast accept material in exchange. If not that, then you guys should charge a nominal rate. When I asked for it the person said that I can handover the charger to you and you get it installed by yourself. This is not professional. If I would have installed it then later your team would have given lame excuses if any issue found later that the installation is not accurate and etc…

You guys should seriously think on this…

However, another thing I wanted to know is I received email from Autovert that the insurance policy is now active. Just wondering without me still receiving the vehicle and without me signing any documents how could that happen? I am loosing days of vehicle insurance until I get my vehicle delivery. I have still not received any call from CS team if I have to sign any documents or is there any other process… Could you please check and assist.

1 Like

Hey @rakloves_4,

I don’t think this is a fair estimation. The pricing charged for installation, especially for cases like yours where it is non standard has been fixed after considerable research and deliberation. We are aware that in some cases you might be able to find a better deal on installation, and hence give you the option of installing it yourself. The Dot comes with a detailed manual on installation as well, which any electrician would be able to do it.

Getting an insurance policy is mandatory before the vehicle goes to the RTO for registration. This is a standard procedure for any vehicle which needs to be registered.

Have you already reached out to CS regarding this? If not, please do so to get the status on your vehicle. You can call them on +91 7676 600 900

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Owners in Chennai, tell us your experience!

I really don’t get why people worry about the insurance starting ahead of vehicle delivery. Everyone’s buying 5 years worth of insurance as mandated. Keeping aside that it’s a standard process to get insurance prior to registration, how much of a difference does a few days or even a week gone really make to anybody?

5 Likes

Hi my invoice was generated on nov5th . My delivery date is scheduled for November 9th . I called up ather regarding this they tolded that a executive officer will call me regarding my form20 sign . But no one has yet called. So ather team kindly look into this matter .

Hi @karthikeyan2arun,

Looks like things are on track for your order :slight_smile: You should get an update soon about scheduling your delivery.