Deliveries: Bengaluru

Received my Series1 vehicle today. Despite of all the software issue I was so excited to welcome & ride the vehicle home.

The experience this vehicle gives is amazing man.

The entire delivery process since the payment was smooth. Just a few followup mails to ather and all the process went smooth.

As soon as I reached Lohith from Ather he is available and asked me to wait for sometime as the chargers are yet to be brought. Waited for 20mins mean while completed all the demo and other formalities.

The funny part is that out of excitement to ride the vehicle I forgot to carry my portable charger. They gave me and I checked it but forgot to carry after a 15min drive felt some thing is missing on my foot board. I drove back to IBC park by that time ather guy only called me so I collected the charger back.

So final note it is a good and smooth experience for me and guys @tarun & @Ather.team deliver the software soon guys.:crossed_fingers:

Even though it is fun & exciting to ride the vehicle, with out software, but that is not just we purchased it for. We need a whole experience not just a half cooked meal. I remember @tarun saying in many interviews that customers donā€™t just buy the EV for environment or range or savings, but they buy it for features and experience in addition to eco friendliness and love towards EV, so we need that experience soon.

7 Likes

Congratulations! Nice to know that you had smooth experience.

1 Like

Yes after seeing all the experience you had right through your payment, I was worried that I will also had to face some hiccups, but luckily it went smooth. After many customers complained it seems they made their ground work settled and corrected themselves. Good they did it quick.

This one is for aspiring ather owners. Orered on 3rd December, Payment open on 7th Dec, Payment done 10th Dec, Invoicing done 17th Dec, Registration done 20th Dec, Vehicle delivered 23dec, Feeling of content 24 Dec onwards.

1 Like

Can someone who has already taken delivery of series 1 in Bangalore tell their experience and also what all the owner should carry and collect from ather during delivery. Basically stuff to keep in mind/check/clarify.

Licence and helmet is what they ask u to carry

All they give is usually set of keys plus like 4-5 invoices . And mine was TR so only Xerox of TR and the :motor_scooter: offcourse

U can make sure to check if there arenā€™t any scratches on the vehicle , ODO should be below 10km I guess .

Check if the side stand sits flush in its housing ā€¦ I noticed that issue after 1 week not sure if it was there since day 1.

2 Likes

Anyone else from here taking delivery of series 1 this Saturday at IBC ?

has anyone taken delivery in the last 15 days? iā€™m having pathetic experience with Ather customer service so far even after making compete payments. Talking to them feels like iā€™m dealing with a bunch of amateurs.

want to know if iā€™m the unluckiest one of the lot to go through this or if this is a regular affair with Ather.

2 Likes

You have to read @ranganathsb experiences if you feel bad experience then he had the worst I can say it hope by now his issues solved :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

thanks @kumar.uppaluri2. @ranganathsb list is long. :neutral_face: Had high hopes on Ather and never expected it to be this pathetic

1 Like

Not yet broā€¦ not yetā€¦ Just stretching my patience to test itā€™s breaking point!

2 Likes

No @presly. Same here. Ordered on 02-Jan-21. Full payment done on 03-Jan-21. And nothing moved thereafter. I called CS 3-4 times they say today or tomorrow. The last call today morning said, VIN had been identified and I should be getting it by Monday worst case. I told them such assurances were given 4 times earlier. HE said it would be expedited to be done today but no sign so far and CS closes in next 20 mins. They are testing our patience. Had I booked an Activa, I would have been wheeling it for 2 weeks now. Sad.

2 Likes

i bought it on Lease. ZERO coordination among their own vendors. i was ā€˜football-edā€™ around multiple times. most of the guys i speak to donā€™t know anything or are not accountable for anything. they just answer calls and speak good English.

Fed up i finally decided i had enough, i wrote an email to their customercare email explaining how pathetic their service is and then :right_anger_bubble:boom i get a call in 10 minutes telling my vehicle is ready

i was told to come and collect my vehicle @ 3pm from their Bannerghatta road office on Sunday, when i was told i could collect it from their indiranagar office before i made the payment. Now no one remembers even having met me in their Indiranagar office - thrice :rofl: . iā€™m sure they should have a security cam that shows i had come.

2 Likes

@presly Glad to hear that - at least some good progress for you even if isnā€™t meeting all the promises made originally. :slight_smile: And I completely concur, their CS just speaks good English and has no real connect of whatā€™s happening on the(ir) ground. Can you pass me the email ID and Iā€™ll try to reach out to them. I dropped them an email on 11-Jan (to info@atherenergy) and that has gone unanswered until now. Couldnā€™t find any other email IDs to reach out to.

email id is the same. i might just be a lucky one to get the ā€˜stars alignedā€™ to get the call. its best to walk into their office and give them a dressing down. email and phones just donā€™t work with them

1 Like

I completed my order and made the payment in full today (15th) for Series 1 at around 2pm by cheque, at the Indiranagar Atherspace. Morning went in last minute checks of how much to pay and filling up the online forms. Some points:

• The site malfunctions pretty significantly on Firefox
  • I simply could not choose to add the portable charger to the final order - clicking ā€œaddā€ simply refreshed the page
  • The cheque option is not mentioned in the portal at all
  • The NEFT option seems to mock you : it just asks you to pay, but does not tell what should one expect after payment. I later got to know that the account numbers are virtual and tied to each customer, so the portal would detect the payment and proceed
  • This caused me and my dad to chicken out and we decided to go and pay by cheque
  • Calling customer care for general query (choose 1 in the IVR) is totally useless. The other option (2 in the IVR) is a lot better, but they did not offer much solace (see next points)
  • One person says that the normal practice while accepting cheque, is to give NOTHING to acknowledge it : no receipt, no acknowledgement slip
  • Another person clarified that acknowledgement can be given if needed
  • At the center, there were barely 2 people who knew or could do anything; severely understaffed. We had to wait at least 15 mins before being attended to
  • The rep was adequately suitable and knowledgeable though
  • Initially, he was saying Cheque would be counted as having been paid when presented to bank, i.e. Monday. Given today was last day for paying for Series 1 (which was why I did this today, I was extremely busy and wanted to do this next week), this was totally pointless
  • He then asked me to pay some 1k or 5k via online channel, and then pay the rest via cheque
  • We said that was ridiculous, so he checked and then offered that heā€™ll give an acknowledgement with date
  • I then signed paper Form 14 and Form 60 (for tax and registration, IIRC)
  • Then he started writing up a receipt document FROM SCRATCH. And, of course, picked up the Ather Logo fromā€¦ drumroll pleaseā€¦ Google Images!
  • Then wasted at least 20 minutes due to some printer connectivity issue. Finally gave us signed and sealed physical receiptā€¦ but forgot date until I noticed, then handwrote it.
  • Finally, when we asked for his number, said he couldnā€™t and that we had to call Customer Care. So we asked for the Atherspace office number, and of course, there is none!

We left feeling that if this was pre-sales customer service, what would post-sales be like? If I wasnā€™t impressed by the vehicle and dead set on it, this shoddy customer service would have put me off.

Really Ather, if you offer offline payment, you damned well should offer as STANDARD a printed receipt. And also, I think I clearly remember the Atherspace had a landline, which they seem to have removed in the meantime. Clearly not the mark of a company that wants to give a premium customer experience - this will go a longer way than full page ads. @atherspace.bglrg

6 Likes

#spendonstaffnotads?

3 Likes

Yeah it will do but make sure it suits best for 15amps power thatā€™s it

Buy a 3 core 2.5 sqmm cable. At my local shop I got that at Rs.38 per meter.

2 Likes

Do you stay in Bangalore bro, Because you could get a good quality wire at a price less than even ā‚¹38. In the market nearby SP Road.