Deliveries: Bengaluru

Hi Ather team, I was not aware of this extra payment charges. If you had notified me of this charges in advance and provided your account number, I would have registered your account number in my bank in advance. I wanted to book the vehicle during an auspicious hour today and had no choice but to pay 2% extra as I was not aware of this.

It would help future buyers if you notify them in advance so that they can plan and add your account number earlier. If I remember correctly, when adding a new NEFT account number, one can transfer only 50k or 1 lakh in the first 5 days (not sure of this)

2 Likes

I used IMPS and you can transfer immediately with no such limits.

13700 to 15400 likely doesn’t equal 1700 deliveries. I don’t know exactly how the order IDs sequencing works but it’s not straight math and the math definitely doesn’t account for all the cancellations and postponements.

1 Like

Yes exactly, when i had the same discussion with Ather team. The order IDs also include the testing numbers performed by tech team a lot of times. The difference does not account to genuine buyers, so guys there can still be hope…

Hey,
even my no. is in 15351 but payment window opened recently for 13700. I’m eagerly waiting let’s see what happens

Update on the Dot installation charges!

7 Likes

@abhishek.balaji

Missed delivery timelines
I’m really disappointed with Ather today, my vehicle was supposed to be delivered between 11-Oct to 21-Oct. Since Ather has some challenges in delivering i gave them Additional time to delivery by 26th before Deepavali atleast.

Using Forum for escalating delay in delivery
Only after escalating the issue in forum in the last week my vehicle was sent for RTO registration this Monday got the number on Tuesday night and I felt happy. So I forwarded the number to Ather on the same day.

Ather support feedback
I followed up Wednesday and Thursday on this matter since they didn’t have an update they said they will call me back but no call or no email.
As of today morning also the HSRP vehicle number is not ready and they need another 1 day for HSRP and 1-2 days for vehicle final inspection Ather support says. They said they will deliver by next week after festival so I asked them to keep the vehicle with themselves.

From past 2 weeks i was assured to get vehicle before festival (36 days after payment made). But nothing is going in my way.

All these days I taught they have more customers hence the delay but now it feels they lack intent in serving their customers.

Since Ather cannot provide delivery even after 36 days after the payment made and even after promising for delivery many times they consistently fail to deliver.

Customer Emotions Ather must understand
Now there is no point for me to take delivery after 1 day of festival or 10 days after festival. Based on what Ather said i have told my family members will have vehicle by 26th or 27th max and I’ve upgraded to Ather one and bought a new charger also hoping I can roam using portable charger to all my relatives houses on festival day with a new scooter but ather delivery timelines forced me to change all my plans.

Feedback to you Abhishek Sir.
@abhishek.balaji on my previous post you said the team is already working on it and will be resolving the issue but here I’m. I know you handle so many things in forum but You must expedite the process for those customers who waited for more than 30days after the payment made. The reason am Posting in forum is because Ather must know how it feels when you promise something and don’t bother to deliver and know what customers go through during this period.

Hope you take my writing just as a feedback and expedite the process and deliver the vehicle by tomorrow or by max this Sunday. Please take proper measures to provide good Customer experience to the customer in future.

Regards
Sumatej

3 Likes

Guys can I know what is the process for the full payment and documents required for the full payment

Hey Sumatej,

I can feel your troubles… Though I didn’t pre-book as early as you did, but my pre-booking was based on my visit to Ather Space, where, the sales guys confidently told me in August that deliveries will be done within 2 months from Pre-booking. I also aimed for Diwali delivery and booked in August. But for me Diwali delivery is next to impossible now. And this was supposed to be my surprise gift to my wife.

Well, wish you get your vehicle by Diwali…

@Ather.Team should take a note of this… For many of us, Diwali is not just a festival, its also the beginning of new year (Samvat calendar). Any purchases during this time is a mark of auspicious start to a new year and new season.

17 years ago, I bought my bike on Dhanteras, 10 years ago, my car came home on Dhanteras again… But this time, wish of myself and family has gone unfulfilled, thanks to Ather sales team…

This post of mine might sound emotional… but that’s how lot of us are… We have emotional connect with what we own…

4 Likes

Great @abhishek.balaji, this is a good news and thanks for resolving this as soon as possible.

For me though, i made the payment for scooter but did not select the installation as it was showing extra charges.
How can I schedule installation now, will it happen automatically ?

You can go ahead and schedule an installation with Customer Service. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh I too feel sad for you. Hope you can gift her atleast on this new year.

If they could clearly say it will take more days to deliver on the first day itself then we actually won’t bother Ather support with daily updates and build unnecessary hopes. Ather must commit to its customers with realistic delivery timelines like they say about truerange.

To be frank when i look at the recent posts posted by fellow Chennai Atherons i personally feel I’m being neglected. I feel really good for them as they deserve it being the first batch of customers but lost trust in Ather with respect to deliveries in Bangalore. Hope they don’t do the same thing with Next batch of Chennai customers when Ather launches in another city.

Ather must follow simple, transperent and step by step delivery process with automated status updates before customer reaching out to support. This saves so much time for support to work on speeding up delivery rather than answering repetitive status update questions.

1 Like

Great, thanks a lot for your lightning fast response !

Just received a call from @chandan.hp they are able to arrange the delivery by tomorrow itself. I’m glad they didn’t disappoint me.

I will post pictures tomorrow once I take delivery of my vehicle. Thanks for addressing this issue.
@abhishek.balaji

4 Likes

wow, this is great work by @Ather.Team.
Empathy is the one thing I expected from them and they did it.
Congrats @sumatej123

5 Likes

Timeline of events from date of payment window opened.

1. Payment window opened on 22nd and completed full payment on the same day
  2. Form 20 signed on 24th Oct.
  3. Ather dot installed on 25th Oct.
  4. Insurance copy received on 25th Oct.

Waiting for ather team to send Form 20 to RTO.
Expected delivery date is 6th Nov to 11th Nov.

4 Likes

Yes it was really great i felt… hope no such issues will happen with the any other customers in future.

1 Like

Hey team,

So far the experience is smooth after the payment window has opened, will write my entire experience once i get the delivery. Although, there is a mismatch in the timelines shown in the app and the dashboard, the tech team might need a look at it.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Order Swapping

Any updates of opening payment link for 14000 series