Deliveries: Bengaluru

Update on deliveries in Bengaluru!

Hey folks,

Some updates on Bengaluru deliveries & full payments:

1. In the last two weeks, we’ve delivered 80 vehicles to customers.

2. In the next two weeks, we plan to deliver another 75 vehicles. Keep an eye out for the delivery information in your inbox :slight_smile:

3. For those waiting for full payments to open, as per the plan, we will have full payments open for order IDs 13339 - 14052 in the next two weeks

We would be able to share more regular updates after that.

21 Likes

Appreciate this data, way to go. . Keep it up.

7 Likes

Can we expect the next set after 14052 to be open in october

1 Like

Thank you for the update

Hi balaji
Thanks for the update
Last update shared by you on delivery says 13338
If 80 vehicles where delivered by last 2 weeks and another 75 to be delivered soon
How can the order ID be from 13339 for payment links ?

We’ve addressed the order IDs and payment links here: What is the relationship sequence between Order, Order ID, Payment, Delivery?

1 Like

Thank you for backing it up with numbers! This will address all the rumours about Bengaluru deliveries being held up due to Chennai orders.

7 Likes

I haven’t received an answer for my question
Can the payment like for the next batch after 14052 be open in october

1 Like

It was my understanding that Ather is manufacturing about close to 30k vehicles per year, which is 2.5k vehicles per month. Even if actual production rate is less than half of that, at 1.2k vehicles per month, and let’s say vehicles are split between Chennai and Bangalore at 50/50, that means 600 vehicles per month per city at the bare minimum.

How is it that in a period of 2 weeks + 2 weeks (1 month), there are 80 + 75 = 155 vehicle deliveries? That’s 1/4th of the very conservative estimate of 600. Doesn’t the rate of deliveries seem extremely low?

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji, @Shreyas, @Ather.Team,
The data shared finally clears some air about deliveries. Which now means, the delivery period of 2 months suggested by your team member at Ather Space, when I visited in August was meant to be 1 year two months! So I will surely get my Ather by Diwali next year!!
Sorry for the sarcasm… but the constant increase in waiting time is only increasing the disappointment. Ather was supposed to be an experience. But the experience is turning bitter…

4 Likes

I don’t think Ather is able to hit 30K per year capacity. That’s the capacity possible within existing plant once it’s fully functional. Most likely Ather faced few issues in achieving that goal.

Ather need to ramp up their capacity and launch in multiple cities. Currently, their roll out much slower than what public announced.

1 Like

The capacity, numbers manufactured and numbers delivered can be distinctly independent of each other.

With dependence on external providers like Autovert, Hero Fincorp and the RTOs - actual delivered numbers would definitely notatch manufacturing capacity.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update. A lot better than being kept in the dark :smiley:

Again, I would like to point out that, even I was told that they are delivering 250-300 vehicles per month.
I won’t comment on lease part, for i don’t know how that works. But autoloans today are a day’s job. A pamphlet came with the newspaper a week before Dussera from a dealership of Yamaha, where he claimed that, if a person walks in with all relevant papers (list was provided in the pamphlet) in the morning and choosing the vehicle he wants to buy, the same will be delivered by evening with all paper work done. Customer will only have to come after a week to get his number plate fixed.
So there again somewhere, Ather probably isn’t able to manufacture the no. of vehicles as per its claimed capacity.
Anyways… bottom line is… Ather needs to get its act together. Or atleast not claim/commit optimistic delivery timelines. Else, people will draw parallels with any other 2 wheeler dealership.

There is no way you can get a vehicle registered within a day. Not happening, unless the dealer is delivering a vehicle that is pending registration which is why he wants you to come after a week.

This, imho, is illegal and the dealer can lose their trade license and you could be fined for driving an unregistered vehicle.

2 Likes

We are missing the point here… I am not suggesting anyone to get into malpractices to speed up deliveries. All Ather vehicles are being registered at KA 51 RTO only. Let them start working with more RTOs to speed up the registration of vehicles. There are 5 RTOs in Bangalore.

I paid Ather on the 11th of this month and I am getting the vehicle delivered to me on the 19th… just a week’s time. So this, Ather can do too… just that it needs to happen more consistently for more customers.

3 Likes

All ather vehicles are not registered at KA 51. Ather team will ask before registration as to which RTO u need the registration from. I got it from Jayanagar RTO and it took 1 week for the vehicle to get registered.

1 Like

I have read in one of earlier forum messages, that default RTO is KA 51. Customer can opt for other RTOs. To that extent you are right. What I am trying to say is, if Ather distributes registration to nearest RTO as per customer’s residential address, the process may get faster as majority of the vehicles won’t be queued at one RTO. I have 2 vehicles. A 17 year old bike which even though I booked in Jayanagar (close to my office, then) was registered in Yeshwanthpur (KA 04) and a car which I bought in Whitefield but was registered in Yelahanka (KA 50), both close to where i stay.

Hey!

As I understand from the team, this has been resolved. Looking forward to seeing your scooter on road very soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like