Deliveries: Bengaluru

I’ve waited for an year too.
They were apologetic when the fame 2 thing happened.

But after that they are having a lot of issues. The loan came as rejected and then got a call saying it’s approved but server problem. That’s one main reason I didn’t get the vehicle on June 2nd.
So the problem was in their end so they promised to get me the vehicle in 6 days from final payment.
Then it was mentioned in the dash board saying delivery between 22nd to 29th.

Now the dash board has changed to 29th to 9th.

The RTO guy called and also confirmed that my vehicle has been registered on Friday.

Where is my vehicle from a week? What exactly is happening with it?

Customer care was very helpful at first. Now all they say is you have to wait for it.
I haven’t even got the vehicle. I’m already going to start paying my EMI’s from next week.

When it comes to patience. I have waited.
When I booked it . They said it’ll come by January-February . I understand they are a new company so I’ve waited till June end.

Now that I’ve paid the money. I want my vehicle.

Congrats! But Why TMP?

Vanity plate.

Congrats on your new scooter. I also felt the motor noise but I feel that the noise is all related to the cooling fan and belt connecting the scooter to wheel.
Also you can feel more sound driving uphill or an incline and also when you accelerate the throttle more. Due to some regenerative braking you can feel slight pull back when you apply the brakes and then try to accelerate.

About the motor sound. This is one other thing I love about the scooter. You can’t rev the vehicle like an ICE, but when you accelerate, it sounds like a superbike or some futuristic vehicle passing by. And every single time, it turns heads, startles motorists, and most people just move out of your way :joy:

8 Likes

something like this… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

My application was submitted on 16th i got the registration no on 25th, 26th i got the flight!! JAYANAGAR RTO is very slow have patience you should have it in a day or two!!

3 Likes

Yes, I can also feel that sound when you accelerate - some rubbing sound. Will ride for some more time and see if it persists. So far, loving the ride - the suspension is smooth even on bad roads.

1 Like

Got service guys to check the scooter. The noise is of the brand new belt transmission slipping on accelerating. As the vehicle ages this will get smoother as demoed with older vehicles by service professional. They said a timeline of 1000-2000 km is to be expected for the vibrations and noise to go away

hi all,
i got below sms from RTO yesterday. Anyone know how long i have wait for delivery now.

[KA*****************] Received Rs.437/- against new registration vide receipt no KA********************** dated 27-Jun-2019. From ATHER ENERGY PVT LTD Thanks Electronic City RTO -Courtesy:MoRTH

They submitted the application. Registration should complete in 2 days…

After that you should inform Ather. Delivery may take 4-5 days

1 Like

Thank you

How long does the delivery take after they’ve taken your signature for the registration procedure ?

I’ve paid full payment on 22-Jun-2019 and signed RTO forms on 25-Jun-2019. But, No news yet. However, noticed dashboard is now updated with VIN and insurance policy numbers. I’m still waiting for RTO registration SMS.

Tips for faster deliveries (purely my opinion, can be wrong)

• Make the payment at the earliest
  • Opt for their in house insurance in case you are comfortable with a 3rd party damage policy as I believe the cost remains the same. If you are choosing another service provider, send the policy documents to Ather customer service immediately (as they need this for registration)
  • Call and schedule the home pod charging point installation
  • RTO Form 20 can be signed at Ather space and this is recommended as it speedens up the process, besides it makes sense to out for their default RTO at electronic city (as we will rarely ever have to visit the RTO).
  • Keep checking your dashboard online or the RTO SMS. As soon as you receive it, call Ather to get the delivery update.
  • Basically, follow up with Ather after each step in the process is completed (around 3 calls or so in total should suffice)
8 Likes

Quick question:
A friend seeks to make a quick purchase and ather is at top of the list. Whats the timeline if someone books today. Is it a month or more?

1 Like

Ather has currently stopped production. He can still pre order the bike. But he’ll probably be receiving it in August-September only. Not before that.

3 Likes

if someone pre-order today!!

just hoping that 12% GST comes down to 5% by september

then flight be more competitive/ even cheap than other scooters available!

2 Likes

Thanks Abhishek and Anagh!!

Hopefully this also comes through

1 Like