Dashboard

Even I am facing similar problem. I have reported the issue to the customer service on 19 Nov. They asked me to get the scooter to a service center and get the SIM serviced. On 21 Nov, I sent the scooter for service and next it was drop back without resolving the issue. On contacting the service advisor after the scooter was dropped, he said that they are out of stock for 4G dongle and they will call me when they have it back in stock.

As per various group on social media, this is happening to many gen1 scooter. I know of two more people facing similar issue.

2 Likes

I have reported this on day one of the issue. Ather informed that they have a backend issue and will rectify. Hussain from JP Nagar( Bangalore SC) had called today and informed that there is a software issue with the vehicle and it will take 20-30 days to resolve. Incase if Ather is asking to upgrade the dongle then let them do it for free. When we got the scooter they asked us to pay for 4g upgrade and we gen 1 and 1.5 users paid and upgraded the dongle. It’s their issue with the dongle now and let them fix it for free.

3 Likes

Even I am not able to use navigation anymore on the dash since 19th Nov. reported but no response or resolution yet. 450 gen 1 is no longer a priority for the company sadly.

3 Likes

Thank God. I am not alone. I tried all these whatever u tried.

I am also having this issue since 19th Nov. Not able to use maps. Because of this not able to shut-down as well. (Trick Learnt: Do soft-reset and click the menu within 5 seconds and it works).

Raised a ticket on 20th Nov with video and photo of the problem. Got a generic reply that “Will come back in 10 days”. 10 days ETA to get an update :slight_smile:

Another annoying bug added to this: Open Navigation → It will show loading page and stuck → Click Power button → Dashboard crashes. Now you have to reboot.

1 Like

You may not be alone but everyone is getting different solution or responses for the CS that I have seen in various social media groups.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji - It would be good if Ather can clarify what the issue is and when it will get resolved. It has been 10 days since the tickets were raised and no update whatsoever. Lack of communication is first thing which frustrates people and you see lot of noise because of that.

1 Like

I have received a mail for the same dashboard issue. My dashboard is not connecting to Ather servers.

Here is the reply I got.

2 Likes

Thank you all who responded. I too got the same response from Ather customer care, so hopefully it will be fixed. This looks like a backend issue and something which they introduced inadvertently recently. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Anyone has any update on the “Please accept or reject location” bug. 3 weeks are over. @abhishek.balaji any updates on this issue?

Still can’t use navigation on my 450. Seems like end of life for the services.

1 Like

I no longer see the ‘please accept or reject location’ pop up and can access the dashboard menu. But map services are still not working.

I have raised another ticket for this. Will keep doing so until it is resolved.

1 Like

I raised a new ticket after 3 weeks. But response is again to wait for 3 more weeks.

Support continues to be a hit or miss. Raised a ticket since my scooter and app stopped syncing, explicitly mentioned that maps is not working and that my vehicle is a Gen1 450.

Still get such a generic response and ticket gets closed.

3 Likes

Doesn’t it looks like they have pulled out the support of Gen 1 and 1.5. And don’t want to talk about it. Just like the pulled the battery full notification.

6 Likes

Happy New Year! Looks like map/navigation services are back. It’s working in my 450 Gen1

Its not working yet, but it did got sync with the app. Still a little buggy as scooter placement on the app is showing inbetween My place and Bengaluru randomly.

So your maps are working too? Because on my scooter display its just showing loading symbol.

1 Like

Yes, it started working since last couple of days and still working normally.

@power_light2000 pinged me a few days ago saying that his maps started working… and lo behold! It did work.

Interestingly there was no OTA pushed, so I wonder what the issue was.

That said, closing the loop on this.

1 Like

Probably there was API issue between old generation Ather and Google Map services

1 Like