Dashboard

I think this auto-cutoff bit needs a bit of clarity.

The auto cut-off happens at the vehicle’s end while charging from the portable cable. Which is the same thing that happens for most consumer electronics.

The only difference is, while charging through the Point, the point too shuts off the power and hence the connector cable is not live.

There is absolutely no harm or difference to the vehicle from a cut-off perspective while using the portable cable.

9 Likes

IoT ? Just Collection of data makes no point. More over there is no clarity on this - again apart from BMS.

What is M2M?

I can count the auto indication switch off as an intelligent feature.

Can you name specific ones with what they are used for?

1 Like

Good to have clarity here.

1 Like

I was charging the vehicle the other day and I realised that there’s no battery percent displayed on the dashboard. I think this is important. If not when riding, atleast when charging.
This helps, because I can charge it to 80% and can use Regen right from the beginning of my ride to work. Else, I’m always checking to see if Regen activates or not at about 85-90% and once it starts working, I know battery has fallen below 80%. This is also kind of risky because I’m used to using Regen and if it doesn’t work, I’m forced to slam the brakes harder to make up for lost time. (Good thing Regen is mild and I accounted for that)
Also, it’s not always feasible to check my phone each time for battery percent of vehicle.
@Shreyas I hope this is on priority in the next OTA update.

5 Likes

Option to choose auto cutoff at 84% would be a good idea…not sure technically how feasible it is to implement it in an OTA update…It is so much satisfying to use Regen more for calculated braking… :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Over The Air Updates:

hi @subramanian.g

thanks for the update on ota updates

guide me to home feature was surprise…(was thinking control to light is only physical - am wrong)

just a question which part of lights (high beam or low beam) will be on, is it dependent on switch position?

nice to see come back of home and work location feature similar to maps

battery% finally… and options of controls and info on dashboard was nice (please let me know what does that Ride Efficiency option for)

can u please through some light on updates around maps itself… (if any of below are in development)

like pinch zoom and out after navigation is started.

zoom in and out of maps automatically depending on speed…

also choice about orientation of maps on dash board

odo meter/trip details display during the ride along with speed details

thanks Ak

4 Likes

Good to hear the improvements especially the battery % and guide me light

@tarun liked this post some time back. And I had a super strong feeling this would be part of a future update.

I did not expect to see this so quickly! Thank you @Ather.Team!

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/ota-wants-feature-requests/1122/17?u=raghav.srinivasan

4 Likes

One thing i observed in this picture…the displayed battery percentage number is 60% but the battery percentage graphic shows around 45%. Hope it’s just a miss in this image and not an error in the actual dashboard.
Before the update, I was using those 5 markers in the graphic to know the approximate battery percentage remaining.

4 Likes

Good observation

2 Likes

Is it only me or for everyone that with the new update did the old update of the acceleration assist for consistent riding is not seen anymore. Yesterday on my way to office I switched to sport mode at most of the times and accelerated whenever the need came (which wasn’t very efficient way of riding) but never saw the dashboard showcase it as a bad riding style like before.
Is there something I need to enable to make it comeback? After the update I’ve not meddled with the settings so not sure what happened there. Anyone else noticing the same thing?

4 Likes

may be real time efficiency option

not sure but a guess

as i am yet to get update

2 Likes

Hi Abhishek,
This is enabled by default. Still didn’t see it appear on dashboard during the ride.
Moreover I’ve seen another issue.

The first and the second ride stats is from the same commute. Second being the round trip and the first being one way. But with the new update of trip meter it’s being retreated as two separate rides.

Just a p.s. before I left work yesterday I resetted trip B (17.8km being the end reading as I reached home &59kms bring trip A which was not reset)

1 Like

You are right @Abhishek
@foo7803 …by default it’s off…you have to scroll down in settings to see the option…

1 Like

@Abhishek Hi, Yeah i checked again and it was off. My bad Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

my dashboard time is always 5 minutes behind my mobile time

anyone noticed it

1 Like

Apart from documents we can even add 1 or 2 pic on dashboard ( document option ) :smiley::wink:

11 Likes

Does anyone know what the 29 near the trip meter is?

It is the average energy consumption during the trip recorded by that trip meter. The Wh/km unit has moved to the next line.

4 Likes

Oh cool thanks!

1 Like