Dashboard

25th August during 3rd owners meet… same had happened last time :smiley:

They can only change the service provider. But that it will not fix the issue, but definitely improve the service. All service providers have network issues.

1 Like

I observed the following consistently (at least thrice so far) when the signal is poor. In my case I had only one bar network in my parking.

When I push a map location from App, after I turn on Vehicle, I get the notification (with delay). If I accept notification, system tries to download (the map and route) and if the signal is poor , I get a message something like ‘Internet unavailable’.

After that, the app thinks that location is already sent and accepted and it is in transit… Because the banner shows the accepted location. It does not allow to search for the same location again.

At this point, the only way is to search thru the dashboard all over. Problem searching thru dashboard is it is really laggy when typing. You have to literally wait for 4-5 seconds after each key. If you miss, the cursor moves to first or some random position.

@Ather.Team Please consider this for future updates.

1. Dashboard should give option to refresh or retry the download map if first attempt fails.
  2. App should have option to push the last location again.
  3. At least, dashboard should add this location to ‘Recents’ so that typing is not required.

Until fixed, our alternatives:
After pushing the location from App, Add this to ‘Favourites’. So, we can scroll and select the location from dashboard if download fails.

4 Likes

Today, the same thing happened. Tried twice and the same results. Searching thru the dashboard was not responding.

So, I did a restart after moving to a place where the network was better… Surprise, the notification came for Location got pushed again. Accepted and start navigating fine…

Learning: Move to a better network spot and restart.

Yes, typing on dashboard is like going back a decade in time. The cursor moving to the start of your word when typing is extremely annoying🙄

So what I do is, search for a place and add it to favourites on my phone. Then I send it to the scooter. So if the ‘internet unavailable’ message comes up, I can reroute from favourites again on the dashboard itself.

7 Likes

If Google maps on my mobile tells me, “continue straight for 2.4 kms” through my earphones, will I have the ability to see the dash and keep track of the distance covered while riding? In this case, I decided not use the built-in navigation and will only rely on the phone’s Google maps app. I hope the answer is yes. It’s a very basic thing.

3 Likes

The trip meter reading will be seen while riding. So ya you would be able to.

1 Like

@HarshaVardhan is it possible to mark custom places(like my home) to my favorite lists in maps in ather?

It’s possible right now only home and work places can be added no other favourites but you can always search/save them in phone and push it to the bike
Procedure is somewhere in the forum should search

@HarshaVardhan got it thanks .

You can add favourites as well, through the dashboard. These will show up on your app.

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/ownership-experience/303/845?u=abhishek.balaji

1 Like

Can we open Ather maps from whatsapp(any other app for that matter)?

My ather dashboard has no signal for the past 24 hours. I usually have full signal. I’ve been driving around the same route for the past week and none of the areas seems to have signal.
Has this happened to anyone ?

I’ve already tried restarting, shutting down and starting again.
I’ve raised a request through the ather app for the same

1 Like

It happening for me last one month… no solution insight it seems.

You mean it happens intermittently continuously for the past one month ?
This looks like a hardware issue because my colleague has an ather and has full signal in the same location at the same time.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Auto indicator off issue

Hi @Ather.Team,
I have been riding Ather for about 4months now noted a very rare thing.

32 is missing
yes in the speedometer 32 is missing from 31 to it directly goes to 33 tried a lot get 32 but couldn’t if any one gets it keep us posted.

11 Likes

:smiley::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

you are one hell of a QA bro :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t know if you’ve observed a similar thing that is already known. When the battery percentage drops down, it never comes to 99%, 89%, 79%, 69% etc. After every 10%, the percentage drops by 2% to 98%, 88%, 78%, 68% etc.
I’ve not seen this missing speed figure of 32kmph but assuming you are right, i can think of one possible reason…approximation
SOC measurement or speed measurement, the system may not be able to measure in exact steps. It may be approximating it and hence at some step it may be missing a number.
If this point of mine is correct, then this should repeat at 94kmph-96kmph and 95kmph should be missed (open the image below to see the steps). But we can’t check that :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes