Collector's edition Unveil

Just sent it to you, please check your messages and add your preference.

Hi I have not received Series 1 preference mail

I have not received it…

I received from @abhishek.balaji thank you,

Not received so far

I have not received mail regarding preference of series 1 or colour selection

Not got the series 1 preference. FYI.

Just sent you a message to share your preference :slight_smile:

@abhishek.balaji Even i have not received mail regarding preference of series 1. I ordered on 7th Jan.

I have ordered on 7th Jan 2020, I have not received the preference mail for series1.

Hey @abhishek.balaji I have one doubt. Since the translucent panels will be provided later next year as mentioned by tarun during the launch event, what colour panel will you provide when you intend to deliver Series 1 in Nov /Dec? And have another doubt, Is the front panels transculsent as well or just the rear panels below the seat are translucent. Apologies but was not very clear in the videos photos of series 1 whether its just the rear panels or the front ones as well.

Same front glossy black panels till they announce translucent panels - some time in may 2021.

Only back panels (the ones encasing the boot) will be translucent. Also, the upgrade to translucent panels will be at the discretion of the owner.

1 Like

Hi Abhishek, I have ordered on 22nd Jan 2020. But I have not received Series 1 Preference link. Please send it to me.

Hi Abhishek, i had pre ordered on jan 7 buth not rcvd confirmation email for series 1 preference

Abhishek I didn’t get any link on my email as I have already done pre-order on January 2020

Abhishek, Tarun had mentioned during Q&A that 450 will be introduced to a few more cities. Which cities are these?

3 Likes

I even tweeted this but nobody replied. Also, we would like to know the timelines - is it before or after series 1 payment window opens up?

Atleast, I would like to keep my options open. Two 450s vs one 450x is also a consideration.

If this does not make a business case for 450 to be introduced in other cities, I don’t know what will.

Cc: @abhishek.balaji

2 Likes

He actually said this? I missed a part of the QnA. That would mean that they’ve finally started selling the 450 with good enough profit margins which is a very very good sign. I personally feel what Ather should have done is brought the 450 and the 450X too all the 11 cities instead of the 450plus and X. 450 can be the temporary mass market scooter and the X as the premium Flagship. It would help Ather grab a huge market share of EV sales. That IS only if the 450 is a feasible product to sell for them while making enough profits. But if they pull off launching even the 450 in other cities along with the 450X Ather will kill it.

We got a lot of takers here if 450 lands at Kochi. I can already feel my promo codes disappear quickly over my list of potentials! It will also give a good fight over the new EVs coming to town.

1 Like

Heres why I feel so. Ather said that the way to go is how tesla did It. Bring a higher price low quantity or moderate quantity product as proof of concept then move on to the low cost high quantity product. But that worked with tesla because that was the United States and Europe where there are cars selling at 100k$ with the similar specs of the Model S. But in the case of ather, as much as It makes sense, india is a very very price sensitive country and for a common man to buy a 1.6Lakh scooter is not a simple task. People look at me with they’re eyes wide open when I say my 450 is at 1.12Lakhs. Im really waiting to see the response for th 450X POST the pre order deliveries. Because most of the people who can afford a 1.6Lakh performance premium smart scooter have already pre ordered. And I wonder where that puts ather post the deliveries in 2022, unless ofcourse ather continues with its 2 yearly launches and launches a new scooter in 2022( which I’m hoping is a more affordable mass market scooter)

8 Likes