[Closed] AMA - 2, Saturday 1 February

Hey Joemon.Kishor, Every OEM in the world who’s attempting an EV is trying to pack more range in their vehicles. Trust us, even we are! It is not that we are not focusing on higher range. Perhaps no one in the world can give you more range than what 450X does in the shell of the 450X.

450 as well as 450X were designed for urban commuting. All the research shows that there are very very very few people who use their ‘scooters’ for commuting for more than 60-70 km per day ‘Within the City’. In fact, we’ve been selling 450 for almost 2 years now and more than 97% people ride it for more than 50 km per day. They charge overnight and are tank-full the next morning - and this cycle continues.

So, the bottom line is that very few people need a significantly higher range in a ‘City Scooter’. Despite that we are trying to pack more range in our battery and you’ll continue to see improvements in future as well.

For those who travel longer distance, perhaps something like a motorcycle would be more convenient. And trust us, when we make a bike, it’ll be the best out there!

7 Likes

Yes, you don’t need to take specific Ather Connect & Ather Charge plan equivalents as it’s already included.

Thats really good attention to detail though! :slight_smile:

We have an update. Ather Connect is not mandatory as mentioned on our website. We will change this in the next 2 days.

We are going to offer the more valuable Ather Charge instead at a price of Rs.400 (excl. GST 18%). This includes access to all the smart & connected features, over-the-air updates, data services, unlimited fast charging at Ather Grid public charging points. This again is not mandatory. If you don’t opt for it, the above-mentioned services can’t be accessed.

3 Likes

My Order ID is 16955 and payment window opened 2 days ago. I’m waiting for more info regarding Ather 450X to bite the bullet.

I agree with you as you had made the best scooter and i myself following Ather from a very long time but Is it necessary to put a mandatory subscription charge which is making your customer think twice while buying it. If I suggest the you should also give no monthly subscription option. So let’s say if I pay Rs. 1.2 L upfront and no monthly subscription . Let me figure out about the maintenance and charging amount ( It would be very less as compare to your subscription) . Please let me know is it a better idea?

1 Like

Thanks a lot for clarifying this. As a follow-up question, say you released an update v1.x in 2020 and v1.y and I am not subscribed to ather connect. The following year (2021), I subscribe to ather connect - I will get the latest OTA update (v1.y), right?

1 Like

Will there exchange program available for old petrol scooters

2 Likes

As suggestion, if you are still planning subscription plans, design plans based on ride KMs ( like 100 - 200 kms per month Rs xxx/- and so on). because some users use their scooters very less and some use it for their daily commute.

2 Likes

what i meant was the torque and speed …Simple when you are in sports mode and going at good speed, the CBS brakes lock and you do nothing but swing and slide and end up on the road. ABS wont lock. this is realistic experience and that day at that moment, i wished i had the ABS. Wish govt relaizes that EVs can do good speed, they should add 2 wheeler EVs also in must ABS list and no just 150cc.

This safety upgrade whould have earned another 450X owner… Anyway look forward to things in future

We will be quoting citywise prices closer to launch. The Cities which we will launch this year and the delivery months will be announced in a month or so.

2 Likes

It made sense to include this in the pricing as the features are relevant to the performance plans, as data is needed to enable managed performance services and Ather Grid addition is just a great value addition for a small cost. also note you can only fast charge on Ather Grid.

1 Like

Hi Sakshi,

We do not reveal the current order numbers being delivered. We did do it a few months ago when there were intermittent delivery delays. The reason is that the order IDs are common across Chennai and Bangalore and it’s extremely difficult to communicate this.

We open full payments in batches, as and when we get the units from the factory. However, you should expect more order IDs to have full payments open in the coming days. We will send you an email when your payment window is open and we’ll deliver 15-20 days post payment.

1 Like

We felt the USB charging option on a scooter is likely to fade away soon with other fast charging options and better mobiles being available in the market. Hence it was considered for the 450X. An after market modification may make your warranty go null & void.

2 Likes

Not at this time. If we do have something along those lines, we will announce on the forum!

1 Like

:grin:

Can you answer this? :grimacing: Cause I mean you can keep a specific period where you can get back the price of the battery and if one doesn’t require the replacement reimburse a set amount for a given say 5 years. That way you’d make more people invest in the scooter without worrying about the battery life and their price. If someone uses their battery replacement it’s like he’s used one for what he’s paid and the amount he owes you (Incase of buyout) goes back to scratch. Do the same if one doesn’t use the battery, reimburse and consider they’ve used a battery and they owe you for the battery(you’ll be cycling through money but consumers will have the motive that I’ve not made a loss). I’m saying considering the endgame is the buyout.

If you don’t take the Ather connect subscription, we’ll still ensure you get critical bug fixes. When you subscribe back again, you’ll get the latest OTA.

2 Likes

Hey Avaneendragoud We’ve been getting this feedback from a good bunch of people and will consider it for sure. Ather Charge is already included in the monthly subscription cost. We did not include Ather Service and Home Charging because the monthly cost would’ve been further higher and hence indigestible for many people. You can see the response our amazing pricing has generated over the last few days :stuck_out_tongue:

But feedback valid, we’ll announce something sooner than later.

3 Likes

If you buy the plus outrightly full cash. And a year or 2 down the lane can I pay the different amount and upgrade to the pro?

Hey can you please clarify the colour of the Collector’s Edition, I mean the inside out mentioned in the discussion thread?

1 Like

What is covered under the battery warranty of 3 years if i purchase outright.
Is it only manufacturing defects?
What if the battery is below 80% in 3 years within warranty for outright purchase