[Closed] AMA - 1, Saturday 1 February

When can we expect Test rides in Chennai?

you can see the upgrade process details here.

1 Like

[quote=“jmukeshnahar, post:40, topic:5294, full:true”]
I AM asking about the efficiency wh/km it has taken
[/quote] fro eco , ride , range u came up

Hey Mukesh, The basic purpose of the Subscription-based purchase model is to make the 450X accessible for people who find the upfront cost too high and also want a high assured performance year-after-year. It is not at all a mandatory payment option. One can always purchase the 450X by paying the upfront cost and owning it completely - no monthly payments.

At the end of 4 years, if you wish to exit, you can pay the residual value of the battery and exit. That way, the battery would be yours and the subscription would end.

1 Like

Is the new battery backward compatible? After sometime if an Ather 450 customer wants a battery replacement, can it be directly installed on the Ather 450?

3 Likes

what is value of it ? for how many months i have to pay

what happen when next year u come with new model of 450 series,
then will replace the vehicle free of cost ?
and get the new one

2 Likes

For 450X Ather Subscription plans is it same as 450? The 450 subscription plans were for data, service and charging.

for the 450x , we’ve already announced the plans where you pay 99k and pick a Pro/Plus performance pack subscription for 1699/- or 1999/- per month resp. :

• This means you own the scooter without the battery and pay for the battery as a subscription, unlimited warranty, data services, over-the air updates, unlimited fast charging at Ather Grid.

We are working on other equivalent plans for servicing and combined offering separately.

Will Pre-Ordered users get Ather One Subscription for free? If you’ve pre ordered the 450x before 28th, you’d get the servicing pack free for a year.

Any other benefits for Pre-Ordered users?

1. Collectors edition vehicle,
  2. exclusive Ather merchandise (besides the free servicing for year1) announced today at open-house event.
3 Likes

New battery is currently not backward compatible.

I have a question which I believe most of the people are asking on forum since the day of the launch.
Does the Price of 149k/- and 159k/- for Plus and Pro respectively include the FAME 2 subsidy? If yes, how much? Because I believe there is an eligibility limit for cost of the 2 wheeler vehicle to be below 1.5L.

Thanks.

8 Likes

The current cities that are confirmed for launch this year, as of now are Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai and Delhi NCR. It goes without saying that Bengaluru and Chennai are on the list We will be confirming the remaining cities soon and these will be decided basis the Pre-Orders which we will receive from these cities. Once we launch the top 10 cities this year, we will be starting with the next round of cities.

1 Like

Hard to put an exact date, but definitely before full payment opening for pre-ordered customers :wink:

1 Like

what the residual cost of the battery cost ? after 2 years, 4 yeas

Is Ather planning to release the cost break-up for spares(In case of repairs after the service period) and other accessories publicly? If so, when?

1 Like

The acceleration numbers are shared for the maximum power mode, the performance of the other modes are same in your 450.

For details of range, please check our blogpost at: All about the range of an EV, in flat 9 minutes. | by Garima Pugalia | Ather Energy

1 Like
  1. When can the customer see the state of health of the battery in real time?

2. Will 450 get dark mode?

3. How will the 450 be supported if the customer does not upgrade to 4g?

4. 4g upgrade to 450 will be a module or will it be entire dashboard change? If dashboard change will 450 also be getting bluetooth and all the other new features?

5. Will price of Ather One be revised any time soon or will it be 10k after taxes as it is now?

4 Likes

For a long time, electric scooters represented a compromise in performance and the only justification to switch to electric was cost savings. However, that is no longer true. An EV like Ather 450X represents a huge shift in performance, and the intelligence features that it offers is fundamentally changing the category. Ather vehicles have become the benchmark for performance! The Ather 450X’s performance is hard to match for most scooters today - petrol or electric. The smart features enabled by connectivity and the touchscreen dashboard aren’t available in any other vehicle out there. Additionally, Ather is probably the only one in the category to have a network of fast charging points. Fundamentally, the Ather 450X is a vastly superior product that adds incredible value to the end user.

Lastly, the cost structure of a high performance electric vehicle like Ather 450 / 450X is fundamentally steep, warranting such a price point. The proof lies in the fact that credible auto OEMs that are introducing electric scooters now into the market are pricing their product at a price point to match the Ather 450 but not strongly undercut it!

2 Likes

We should start test rides in Chennai a couple of months before start of deliveries

How do i opt the collector’s edition and what are the facility i will get in the collector edition???

Hey Mukesh, Under the subscription model, one continues to get all the benefits that I explained earlier, as long as one pays the monthly subscription. It is a new way to own a vehicle that gives you the same performance as day-one, even after you’ve owned it for years. Same great performance year-after-year. All battery worries are on us. All Fast-charging cost is on us. You can switch between performance packs that we have currently also some that we might launch in future.

And… as I said, one always has a choice to go for full ownership by paying the full amount upfront. Our product will still deliver a great and unmatched performance and you can replace the battery as and when it degrades.

1 Like