Clarification Regarding Regen and ESS

So, your telling me that if I report to gov that Costing Regen was activated on my scooter through a bug for whole 2 days, Ather would be in trouble? :joy: (Just kidding)

This is funny and stupid at the same time…

2 Likes

Please do. Take other users along too who got it.

2 Likes

:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::joy: I would blackmail Ather to give everyone Coasting Regen update first

(This is a joke mods :p)

1 Like

Wahh they can’t even take sarcasm.

1 Like

PLI is not relevant here. However, homologation process is. I am not an expert but having heard from quite a few people in the industry - anything that changes the acceleration, braking efficiency and safety features (including lights) would trigger the need to get that vehicle homologated again.

This I believe is a hangover from ICE regulations where no one expected an OTA to change drive modes or how brakes function.

With govt pushing for self certification in a lot of industries, I hope they do the same for such manufacturer approved “modifications” as well.

3 Likes

Yeah but why is that a problem for Ather only? And they should get it homologated again if needed. Why should the costumers suffer?

2 Likes

Other than existing customer satisfaction, Ather does not have any incentives to get the the older gens re-evaluated and homologation be done again. Instead they can just make new s/w features and sell it as new gen model.

3 Likes

True. But doesn’t look good when the co-founder is disconnected from reality. @swapniljain @swapniljain782 whichever account might be Swapnil’s :no_mouth:

Source

1 Like

One qns

What’s stopping them for recertification?

yup doesn’t look good, that’s why I asked on the tweet for more clarity and suggest all here to do the same because I don’t think the top brass at Ather knows anything happening in the forum.

2 Likes

“WILL” to do it!

Is ola doing re-registration again again after each update they realise? I dint know

No they’re not doing anything like that. Still giving every update to all their older vehicles

2nd question,how much will it cost to recertify? am willing to pay if its a reasonable amount for coasting or more powerful regen and ESS.Customers have spare money to spend on their old 450x from charger refund

1 Like

or Ather should give us a secret loop hole like how Tesla did it back on their “ludicrous” models.

3 Likes

again I dont think regulations in India will allow this,USA has much lower laws on what is allowed on road as long it has lights compared to india we cant even put a spoiler on car legally

2 Likes

Or you know… they secretly give us access to a developer mode where we can enable it. And since its the owner modifying the scooter, it’ll be our responsibility :wink:

For example anyone can buy an ICE scooter and pull out the silencer to make it noisy. Just because the OEM gave screws that can be unscrewed, doing that shouldn’t hold OEM accountable :wink:

And I don’t think the cops or ARAI are going to stop an Ather and check for ESS :smiley:

8 Likes

Bruhhhh yesss pls I just need that advance regen… Which was promised to us btw Still I’ll pay no issues

2 Likes

I pitched this last time R&D team were taking questions on forum,if people are ready to take risk of so called incomplete brake switch design why waste the work done on cruise control or other features just give as labs/beta feature only who opt in for it but got no reply on it

also yah the ESS regulation excuse is just bogus as well as harder regen as it wont affect others on road any different than just someone braking/slowing down

2 Likes

I will refund my y charger refund to have a dashboard like this. :sob:

4 Likes