Charging habits

20-80-20 is the best practice.

4 Likes

Thanks brother :grinning:

2 Likes

And what to do when I am working and my Ather is charging than how i will know that it is now 80 percent now I should disconnect the charger as there is no limiting option in scooter which can be given by a simple ota update idk why company is not working on this feature any option you are using to get it done so please suggest me :v:

3 Likes

The feature of limiting is under progress we can see that under works in Ather labs.

Also can you let us know how you are charging while in office using your charger or at a grid.!!?

5 Likes

Bro today only I have got my delivery in evening and from tomorrow onwards i will be charging my vehicle only from slow charger and will use grid in only emergency purpose as the grid is only meant for that purpose not for daily charging as it degrades battery at higher rate so slow is best and that will be also 20-80 only and 100 percent 1-2 times in month when in need thatā€™s my overall plan anything else you could suggest would be appreciated :+1:t2:

8 Likes

Hope this might help out

4 Likes

How to check battery health, can anyone help me out?

2 Likes

You cannot. Itā€™s only something service team can do. And AFAIK, they wonā€™t do it without any reason or just if you want to know your battery health

2 Likes

You can approximate it by using your ride stats and battery percentage drop.

4 Likes

How to approximate tell

2 Likes

Does more use of fast charging degrades the battery :battery: or daily use of fast charge

3 Likes

you can fast charge once in a few days. daily use of fast charge would degrade it faster

1 Like

Ya bro can you explain in detail how it will degrade the battery I think as chemical reactions are faster when fast charging but if you can provide full detail it will be helpful and i prefer 20-80 method everytime and do slow charge from portable charger and use fast charger in urgency only or in extreme needā€¦

2 Likes

We should do a complete drain of battery like remaining 1-2 percent once in a month so it will be good for battery I heard from some owners is it true please give clarification on it

1 Like

No. Who ever said that is incorrect.

You should never go all the way down to 2% (Unless itā€™s an urgency).

Try and charge at or above 20% SOC whenever possible.

1 Like

Oh thanks for the response bro some owners whom them i knowere talking about it so I thought to ask first ast i follow 20 or 30-100 cycle everytime

Ather has engineered the 450/X very intelligently.

In the Ather 450X G2 :

The Battery size is 2.9 & usable is 2.6

Thatā€™s a buffer of over 10%

In the Ather 450 Plus G2:

The Battery size is 2.9 & usable is 2.23

Thatā€™s a buffer of over 23%

In Gen 3, itā€™s even Better;

The 450X G3 :

The Battery size is 3.7 & usable is 3.24

Thatā€™s a buffer of over 12%

The 450 Plus G3 :

The Battery size is 3.7 & usable is 2.6

Thatā€™s a buffer of over 29% :exploding_head:

PS. All the battery size mentioned above are given out officially in the Specification sheet and are in kWh.

So technically speaking, Ather has already taken care of extreme low charge & 100% charge, as thatā€™s where the batteries are under extreme stress.

The 20-80-20 rule is just an additional safety margin over the buffer that we do.

So chill, and enjoy the wheeeeeā€¦

14 Likes

Thank youā€¦ Well explained

1 Like

Wow! Such deep research :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I always had a doubt about this. Does our smartphone batteries also have any buffer like Ather?

1 Like