Charging Experience at Vida's charger

Since it has become official, I have tried charging my Ather 450x Gen 3.1 at Vida charger in my city.

Even though Vida uses the same charger connector, the charger is different in the following aspects:

1. It has two outputs, which means two vehicles can be charged at the same time.
  2. It also supports AC charging (the connector seems different, maybe it is for cars, not sure).
  3. There is also a place to sit and relax whereas Ather charger has nothing like it. Since it has LED strips all around, you will never feel like you are sitting in a dark spot.
  4. There is no fan noise (I charged for 33 minutes, and there was no fan noise).
  5. Space was ample.
  6. The charger may have a CCTV camera as well (on the internet it shows this particular one didn’t have it).

The charger is manufactured by Exicom Power Systems. I charged my Ather 450x Gen 3.1 from SOC 69% to 80%, and it took approximately 33 minutes. the charging time estimation on the dashboard was never correct. I have not tried charging after 80%, so I can’t comment on that. Vida has a different billing system. I tried installing the Vida app, but it kept on hanging. I have not been charged at all for charging.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions or need more help, please let me know

21 Likes

Can we charge 100 and how to find Vida charger does it show on Ather dashboard

2 Likes

This was probably why you didn’t hear fan noise. If this timing is correct then you were charging at 750W which is what the portable/DOT charger pulls for charging the scooter.

3 Likes

But the charging speed was similar to Ather charger

I tried a Vida charger yday for 2 minutes. Didnt hear any fan either! Dashboard said Fast Charging and lights on the charger were blinking…

2 Likes

Ather’s Grid charger would have done 69% to 80% in 11-12 mins.

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Hmm what speed did it charge at? @agobade could have had a failsafe type charging session. Maybe.

1 Like

Exactly it’s silent as compared to Ather one

1 Like

Couldn’t check the speed since it was just 1 min. Will note it down next time I charge

2 Likes

So beautiful, so elegant, just looking like a wow.

Again, there was no fan noise or anything at all. It was pin drop silent. Here are the stats:

Started charging at 8:01PM - 1% (yes I live on the edge :p)

Start Charge

Ended charging at 8:44PM - 20%

Summary

19% in 43 mins - thats too slow. Now I’m not sure if its meant to be this way or its an issue. Don’t worry, I did remove and re insert a few times to make sure its not loose or anything. Infact, I changed the charging gun as well (the first one simply said Not Charging)

Not Charging

So I don’t think I’d be relying on Vida chargers at the moment. It needs some fixing. It was also free, no notification for payment in the Ather app.

9 Likes

Does that thing on the top look like a CCTV camera?

2 Likes

Yup it is .

3 Likes

So it’s definitely slow charging for Ather scooters

1 Like

I am gonna test tomorrow. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yes on internet images I have seen camera placed over there

2 Likes

Thanks for this !

1 Like

Cool. Track the charge rate :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Is that animal urine on the bottom dashboard? I have had the same spot on my 450X sometimes. Wonder why they want to mark our Ather as their territory :stuck_out_tongue:

Was considering buying the Frunk, but now I’m concerned :joy:

2 Likes

This man observes :joy:

Same story with me, some dog marks your Ather then when you go to some other area, dogs from that area see it as a challenge and mark it as their own (retaliation):joy:

It’s a vicious cycle :smiling_face_with_tear: