Charging at Ather Grid

I wonder if anyone got the charger refund yet. Ather is trying to push it as much as they can. :smiley:

1 Like

Today’s Observation

The charging speed from 70 - 80% has slowed & significant to be noticed. Rolled out with the update I guess.

1 Like

Hi, I just charged the bike at the grid. These are the charging times

20-80% - Under 45 mins

20-70% - 34 mins

70-75% - 3 mins 46 secs

76% - 47 secs

77% - 50 secs

78% - 57 secs

79% - 62 secs

80% (including trickle charge) - 3 mins 10 secs

3 Likes

This looks normal As thumb rule I used to assume 1% per minute which seems to be true in your case Will attempt at some other grid. If you don’t mind did you get the 5.7 update & was it Grid 2.0?

3 Likes

Yeah these readings are from Grid 2.0. I am on v5.7 update

1 Like

Nope! Still have doubts Tried another grid point There’s a significant slowdown after 70% Reminds me of the 90-100% charging speeds at the grid

1 Like

Another Observation 60-70% 11mins 70-73% 8mins. Disconnected after 73% the wait wasn’t worth it

Worried if I’ll be paying for slow charging in the name fast charging

6 Likes

And then you also pay for software with bugs…! Ather getting desperate for profit ? Hopefully the new cash flow will help them fix the bugs in Real…!

There’s parking fees at most places. For eg at Phoenix mall, you need to pay ₹20/- as parking fees. It’s better to charge at home & also better to not have grid at such places. From 01st August we are to pay ₹1/- per minute plus GST, for 60% charge we spend atleast 60 mins, so the charge without GST would be ₹60/- that’s 60 km, then why do we need EV ??? Ather is cheating us, I paid ₹20,000/- extra for Pro Pack from 01st September 2023, we need to pay ₹999/- per year for the services. KIA had similar connect, but that’s valid for 3 years.

5 Likes

It would be nice if Ather can look into the grids where parking charges are applied. Maybe compensate partially/ refund the amount in terms of credit, since the charging is paid from tomorrow.

2 Likes

Paid charging is very good move by Ather. I welcome this. I don’t know about other cities,but I am from Bengaluru and I know the problem facing near Ather grids from last one year. Too many scooters were in queue and the person who is charging is not letting anyone to charge untill he complete 80%. I will ride 80km up and down in a day and I need just 20% extra charge eveyday. But for that I have to wait more than 2 hours. Now its become very easy to charge. Almost all Ather grids are free now. I am charging my vehicle with peace by paying small bucks. ₹20 to ₹40 is not huge amount to pay everyday compare to ICE scooters.

10 Likes

I just charged my Ather at the Grid yesterday. Worked flawlessly. The 16A socket to charge other vehicles has been disabled. There are 2 chargers outside the B-Live EV Store opposite Fatorda Police Station. The area surrounding the chargers is far from ideal. There are vehicles parked behind and on one side. The other side is a wall. The place to park the scooters is over a drain covered by a grating. Luckily someone has kept some tiles on which you can place your side stand. The area is a tight squeeze for 2 scooters.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ather Grid point not charging

Can u pls share decathlon anubhava charger photo from a long distance, i could not find the charger searched a lot

2 Likes

The 3 photos which you get in the above post is what i captured.

It’s very easy to find. As soon as you enter the parking you will find the charger to your left. It’s very easy to spot the charger and that green painting to the wall and separate parking space for it makes it easier to find the charger. I don’t know what happened with you.

2 Likes

Thanks gor highlighting it out this was the exact same problem i faced ,but i didnt have time to search so i went to sai conplex the nxt charger, will surely check it out nxt time. The charger location is not properly pinned on the map, ""so its basically in the parking spot underground in decathlon anubhava "’ .i was searching it excepting it to be outdoors as shown in the maps.

1 Like

Hi, can you please tell us for how much time did you charge for that amount?

Ather Charging Infrastructure Team at its BEST :upside_down_face:

NO ACCESS TO GRID FOR MORE THAN A MONTH

A Ramp is must to reach the Grid for easy access

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Its been months still the way(ramp) to access Grid is not made.

Unusable for past 3 months

A Grid in Centre of the City. Helpful for huge number of Athers in and visiting the Town.

One Grid that serves 5 important Main Roads of the Town

Shot at 11pm

4 Likes