Charging at Ather Grid

For a huge population of enthusiasts waiting for Ather around sarjapur road charging station is not available. Initially play arena was showing but now that is gone. Hope something is being planned considering this stretch is so densely populated with big tech parks and appartments.

3 Likes

@Shreyas, @Ather.Team,

I see that the charging plug handle has gone yellow from white in this picture. I have seen similar yellowing in other pics by @Abhishek. Wondering if this is a quality issue?

1 Like

Hey Deepak,

When we initially setup Ather Grid (back in April/May 2018), a lot of the charging connectors were prototype components as the volume of production was low. Hence this yellowing occurred on them.

The ones installed later were production components and do not suffer from this, nor do the home charging points installed at customer locations. Still functionality wise they are perfectly fine.

5 Likes

Hi @Shreyas,

Would like to know your recommendation on frequently using fast charging and its long term impact on the battery life. Should i be totally leaving the battery thing to BMS to handle it.
My question comes as i work in IBC knowledge park, so fast charging is readily available for me.

If it has an impact, would you recommend to used the portable charger instead of fast charging in this scenario.
Also i don’t want it to happen that i am frequently using the slot and its not available for others.

PS: My intention is to keep Ather as long as i can without change in battery. (7years :slightly_smiling_face::crossed_fingers: )
Regards,
George.

3 Likes

have been to CAF ELEVEN charging pod

easy to find… on the road

3 Likes

How did you find it? I mean is it updated on the grid list?

2 Likes

4 Likes

Patio Cafe

or should i say smoking cafe

couldn’t stand there even a minute

also it is tricky to find this

if you follow google it will be confusing

have included panoramic pic

it is in lane opposite to sbi bank

5 Likes

Hello even after it shows 57 km 100 % charge but it still keeps charging should I manually switch off or will it automatically switch off??

From the day 1 riding in eco mode is only yeliding me 58km is this what we get or will it improve ?

I don’t have ather grid and my office to and fro is 55 km which I am doing it from past two days is it ok run the battery below 10% ?? Will it hamper the battery performance in a long run??

I see when the battery is below 10% the sound changes it looks like the vehicle is taking too much of load is it fine ?

1 Like

It should ideally stop charging at 100%, maybe just wait for a few minutes and see if it says charging done on the Ather App. You can obviously switch off the charging manually at any point without worries. I do so at times even when sometimes at 100% it says that the scooter is charging.
Have you installed the latest update from Ather? It should show you 65 kms at 100% on Ride mode and 55kms at 100% on Sport mode. But this does not mean you can not go more than that distance. People have achieved over 100kms on 100% charge. It all depends on your riding style. The battery charge level is what you can get an accurate estimate of how much distance more you can cover.
Ideal charging cycle to extend a Li-ion battery life is 20% to 80%. But given that there is an intelligent Battery management system, one should not worry about it. Also there is a 3 year unlimited kms warranty on the battery pack, to help us avoid such concerns.
Once the battery charge level reaches 10% it forces the scooter into ECO/RIDE mode with constraints on acceleration and top speed, to ensure maximum range. That is why you feel the vehicle is taking more load when you try to gain speed.

8 Likes

I think the response given by Samit above perfectly answers all your questions.

Thanks Samit!

3 Likes

At last I had to figure it out myself…
My question was ignored because it was obvious… :thinking:

Anyway home charger installed after 2 weeks of riding my Ather for 640kms, so from now I can reduce using fast charger…
Need less to say it was done clean and perfect :+1:

5 Likes

You got that bike before the charging installation ? How did that happen ?

2 Likes

Also I do not think the fast charger point charges fast enough as advertised by Ather.

Last time I got 1km range every 150 sec instead of 60 sec on the Ather Point fast charger

3 Likes

I opted for it…Ather was ready to install…but I was not decided how to go with charging and asked them to give me more time to make up my mind…
Never faced such an issue with fastcharging…for me 1 km/min… always…and Ather kept all promises as per the site…be it the speed , acceleration, range, discharge rate…except the seat gradient and the key…I am fully satisfied…will put up my ownership experience soon…

3 Likes

Depends on how much charge you have left. Fast charging works only when the battery percentage is between 0-80%. 80-95% seems to be regular charging and going from 95%-100% seems to take the longest.

Also other factors such as the temperature of the battery and related components could also play a role.

3 Likes

Today morning I went to 4 Charging Points. Just for the new experience…
Could not find the points in Banaswadi and RT Nagar. Went to Lingarajapuram, was closed (6.40 am).
Went to Nature’s Basket and found it easily…
Juiced up and went home.

4 Likes

In RT nagar, Patel Inn (Go cart) charging point in available.
I agree Nature’s Basket charging is easily available and no worries to charge. It is available for 24 hours.

Could not locate the Patel Inn… The dashboard said arrived at the location near a tall building…

1 Like

Can you check this post and use it next time.

2 Likes