Charging at Ather Grid

Can you please confirm grid point working or not

First off, I think you guys promised a grid charger within 3 km of our location? Second If I am right about your claim it’s good to see that you guys delivered on that promise belatedly. Yeah, I know Grid/Fast charging is for sparing use such as in an occasional charge in a hurry situation and not to be abused as my charge every time point. Ah also know fast charging ain’t good for the batteries. The big yay moment was the surprise that it was less than a km away, around the corner as they say!

3 Likes

Imo… fast chargers are best when they are located on the highways or state highways. Having them around in the city is kinda weird. Why would I charge it at the grid when I can charge much more conveniently at home? Yesterday when I was on the road to Pune from Bombay, I spent almost an hour going to the grid in Mulund. It would have been best if that was located on the side of the highway. :blush: Unnecessary & inconvenient detours…!

3 Likes

Isn’t Ather advertised as a City commute and not a highway commute? rather than having on highways or inside cities, it will be much helpful if it’s around in every circle in 3 to 5 km apart in cities, Cannot comment for highways though

5 Likes

I have only used them when I have travelled Bombay or further which is 60 kms away. Within my city, I have never needed fast charging. Who travels 60 kms to anywhere without hitting the highway or much wider roads on his way? You get what I am trying to say? :blush::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Sir, there are cities like Bangalore which are quite huge and are still growing. For example, my friend travels a total of almost 50km daily to go to his office and back. Considering he needs moderate speed in sport mode, the range might not be enough especially because bangalore traffic eats up so much energy. If he needs to take a detour for the day, to buy groceries, catch a movie, etc on his way back. Where is he supposed to charge the vehicle? The grid is a necessity. I myself have used it on occasion when I’ve had to commute extensively within the city.

It would definitely be nice to have a few on the highway, say bangalore to mysore for example. But you can’t say its not useful in the city.

3 Likes

That makes sense. Thanks :blush:… here in Bombay, its easier to take the highway to travel a longer distance within the city.

1 Like

An update.

//As per the guidelines set by the government, it is compulsory to set an EV charging station at every 3 sq km area in cities and every 25km on highways.//

1 Like

Today I went to Ather, Lajpat Nagar, Delhi grid to charge my Series 1. I had around 2% battery left due to long travel today and fortunately the grid was on my way back. I decided to stop to refill some juice in the battery so that I reach home.

To my surprise, a day old grid with 2 chargers was off. I saw 3 gentleman, 1 housekeeping guy and a security guy inside and kept knocking on the glass door but knowing i was knocking they didn’t bother. I had to go from the back entrance from where the housekeeping guy came out, to meet the Ather representative inside to get the grid working.

When I asked the security person why it’s been switched off, he said the day security told him to shut it in the night. Isn’t it meant to be working 24*7? I had no other choice since I needed some charge, to go inside and request the Ather representative to switch it on.

He was polite and kind to get it working and also made sure I was comfortable inside the EC even though it was closed. As much as I appreciate the kind gesture of the representative, it is equally a concerning issue that the security guard decides the operation of the Grid. I maybe missing out something here as the EC is new and maybe some work is going on. But in the night hours there might be someone who needs it in emergency and finding it non operational can ruin the experience.

9 Likes

The whole idea of FC is to get some juice when you need the most. This non 24*7 is utter non sense. “Inke baap ka kya ja raha hai to leave it open all day?” I simply don’t understand. Why these chargers need to be patrolled? I fear that some might just end up with arguments or verbal fights with the hosts. I hope someday, we will see people fighting for “Right to Charge” I am up for it. Why do we have to depend on “kindness” of some people to charge our vehicles? Not everyone will be be kind everytime & when they aren’t, we are stuck. Okay, rant over. Peace :v:

5 Likes

In fact, in Bangalore the Indiranagar EC is the only place that works 24/7. I see all other points switched off by the hosts.

2 Likes

Yes I had observed that during my stay in Bengaluru. My colleagues used to complain. And I used to tease them with Bounce petrol power :joy:

5 Likes

Ideally the Ather Grid should be 24x7 however certain locations chosen by Ather would not allow for such an operation, for eg. restaurant parking which may be shut based on building rules etc.

I think the following should be implemented quickly - a. All Ather EC chargers should be on 24x7 in every city b. Call out the operational timings of all other charging points and monitor compliance c. Identify locations for the next batch of charging stations that will allow 24x7 operations

11 Likes

its just nothing but a flawed or head-stuck-in-sand strategy like everything that Ather does. they have just tossed their common sense to the dust bin these days. A charging point is supposed to be accessible anytime, thats the POINT of owning this vehicle. Just imagine if all petrol bunks closed on the highways during the night. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Whoz vevehicle is this at ather experience centre

1 Like

Please update charging station in delhi your team is saying is 16 charging station is active but i can see only 5 to 6 station is active

2 Likes

This is how Delhi looks on the grid app.

1 Like

Whats up with the chargers in Bombay & Pune. All of them in these cities are showing offline/unavailable. I am planning a trip from Bombay to Alibaug this Saturday. Can anyone please confirm? Another important request (besides smart charging), please have the following 3 grid statuses:

• green : charger online & available
  • blue: charger online & in use (this is missing)
  • red: charger offline due to technical issues
  • grey: its currently there & makes no sense. Its confusing. “Nikal do please. Grey matlab kya? Main jaaon ya nahin…?” Please replace this with point 2 above.

7 Likes

We have raised your concern with the concerned team and also we have raised a ticket on your behalf & here is the reference number: (FD-140499). @rajkumar.mishra2010 Also, your feedback has been shared with them.

2 Likes

Don’t close the thread without solving it https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/ather-grid-app-vs-ather-app-availability/21399/5

Today received mail as it was solved but still it remain the same @sanith.vernekar @abhishek.balaji

Attaching for your reference and todays grid status between ather app and ather grid app

3 Likes