Charging at Ather Grid

Electronic city charging point is not working since long time. I have raised this concern in app twice but of no use. It is still off.

1 Like

Even Bannerghatta road near bilekalli … yellow Submarine Grid…not working from.long time.

Yes We can see that on map as well

Hey @sharjilmohidden28, @subbu00005

We’re aware of the issues in both the locations. They are physically accessible but we’ve been facing a couple of issues:

1. We’re just ramping up our Ather Grid operations gradually, and we haven’t been able to work on the points so far.
  2. Since the hosts might be closed currently, they’ve turned off the mains power supply.

We are working with the hosts and the team to resolve this as fast as possible. You should be able to use these points in about a week.

The bike which is left for charging at Caf eleven is near to 100% and am waiting here from last 1 hour.

Who ever the owner is please come and disconnect

1 Like

It’s it’s almost 2 hours since his vehicle charged 100% and still he is plugged in

2 Likes

Same problem faced to many times …

That time u have to call customer care and inform. They will passing information to owner and even about ur waiting also…

2 Likes

Customer Care did everything to help me out, but that persons was not picking the call. Thank you CC !

At last I took the risk of pushing few KM if required to reach 6000 MTIOM which is 12 KM away with 17% charge and reached with 3% charge still left.

1 Like

Hi any update on the grid locqtion near RR nagar there were 2 but its not showing on the app now.

Wouldn’t it better if Ather blocks them for charging for a month when these things happen. Kinds enforces the right way to use public infrastructure.

Want to share In HSR LAYOUT Grid experience…

Had an urgent work to attended a meeting at silkboard. Had 30 mins time but my scooter’s battery got low… To attend the meeting and to go home, I needed around 25km range and in my scoter 29km was remaining. Planned to charge in HSR LAYOUT for 10 min and then attend the meeting (in the scooter’s map it showed the grid as available).

When I reached there someone had put their scooter for charge and left. Contacted the owner through CC and received response that the owner is on his/her way…I waited for 20 mins but no person was seen. No option but to move on and attend the meeting at silkboard.

At last, flight reached home with a balance of 5km range.

2 Likes

This is a real recurring issue not just for those of us relying on the Ather Grid, but has also become a common discussion point with other EV owners globally. This is why the worldwide charging standard that is taking hold everywhere (CHAdeMO) by default locks the charging socket when charging but automatically releases the lock once the vehicle has charged completely so that someone who might be waiting can take it over.

Maybe it is high time the @Ather.Team looked into incorporating this protocol into Ather Grid too?

11 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Grid sharing features

@abhishek.balaji

Why all the ev have their own style of charging port? Cant they make standard or any common adapter.

For instance right now iqube, chetak, ather all have different charging ports.

If it make common. How we have type c charging port is common across the mobiles.

Charging station will be more. Even 3rd party will be interested in installing charging station.

Some standard we all need to follow, or some converter we required in charging station.

If we come with universal charger. Then how ice company doesn’t worry about fuel. Ev company can concentrate more on vehicle

3 Likes

I am sure someone from the Ather Team would be able to give a more specific answer, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on this.

The interoperability problem for EV chargers exists everywhere in the world today and not just in India. This is not a novel issue and we often see that when a new technology comes into the market, there is a constant stream of innovation happening in it and therefore it takes time for a standard to form. This is especially true with EV companies that are all trying to develop “the best” charger by themselves in parallel. As a result, it is impossible for them to keep coordinating and updating their chargers based on each others’ needs.

But the standardisation is not far. US EV car manufacturers now are actively looking to collaborate on this so that the charging station of one manufacturer can be used by others. After all, this would be a win for all EVs and encourage faster adoption. (For an interesting read on the history of car charging ports in US, you can check out this article). Even in the rest of the world, quick charging methods like CHAdeMO is taking hold slowly but surely. Hopefully, the day is not far off when the charging technology reaches maturity, innovations slow down, and one protocol evolves as the clear choice. At that point, you might see manufacturers reach a consensus and support interoperability.

Until then, it is a bittersweet wait for every early adopter :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Home Charging

Yep, two things to add here,

1. Most manufacturers are not focusing on fast charging, and hence the requirements are different. Here they usually go with the Bharat EV standard.

2. We can’t use the same standards as for cars, since there is difference in the platforms used. EV Cars run on a platform with much higher voltage than a two wheeler platform. Further, these connectors used in EV Cars are expensive and would result in EV two wheelers being even more expensive :frowning:

That being said, there is work happening in standardising the charging connector for EV 2 wheelers.

3 Likes

This place under renovation… 2 days have to wait …

2 Likes

Are you the guy who regularly charges @ Infintea…? Lately been seeing an Ather charging there almost on a daily basis🙂

And yes, I too noticed the dug up area around the charger. It’s inaccessible now.

2 Likes

Rarely using …