Charging at Ather Grid

Looks like they integrated the external box and the Grid faceplate box together cutting the cost down, since they both had to be separately mounted and place far away, doubling the workload, combing them makes more sense, still I think there will be some kind of faceplate to it.

PS: now I think both the Fast charger and the Indian 3 pin socket will work together as it has been separately mounted.

6 Likes

Got to be 2.0 then.

True that. But Ather Grid also looks beautiful. This doesn’t. Maybe there could be some change. Maybe. I think Ather will not compromise on the design aspect.

2 Likes

They will !!!, They changed from POD to DOT, killing the entire design factor, I mean they could have installed the DC charger in it. But they didn’t

3 Likes

But don’t you like the Dot design? I find it pretty nice. The current grid Is the POD if I’m not wrong. That’s also nice. Wait is all what we can do for updates.

1 Like

The people who initially ordered from Chennai during the Launch were excited that a Fancy looking thing will be installed in their driveway/garage, but when I saw DOT I was let down, in terms of looks at least. But IMO does not carry on the looks of an expensive scooter vs it’s charger.

2 Likes

Its Ather grid 2.0 as mentioned by abhishek in internal updates.

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/internal-updates-ather-450x-450-plus/9849/104

7 Likes

Any more details like charging speeds and if 450x Support this 2.0 grid with increased speeds from current 1.5 grid, will 450 support grid 1.5 from current 1.0? Will all existing points be replaced with this or priority only for new places and slowly old ones will be replaced. Highway chargers especially between Bangalore and Chennai
I hope it can be done now. @abhishek.balaji can you reveal any of this info

3 Likes

Seems like Abhishek was waiting for someone to post that picture and spark the discussion around Grid 2.0. :joy:

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji does the new charger blinks all the LEDs at the same time or it could you know blink according to percentage like if there are 4 LEDs, as soon as the charger connects and the scooter is less than 25%, then the lower 1st led starts blinking for more than 25%<50% 1st led stay on and second led blinks for 50% and more but less than 75% bottom 2 LEDs stay lit and 3rd one blinks and 75% and more 3 LEDs on and 4th one blinks, once reaching 100 per cent all 4 LEDs stay on.

This will benefit hugely since currently, everyone has to tap the scooter to know the charge status, This can stop hoarding the charger. It can be implemented now since you guys are in the production stage.

2 Likes

What are the advantages for customers? Faster speeds of charging ? A little elaboration on under the hood improvements would be great @abhishek.balaji

3 Likes

i take my word back! it’s way cooler and futuristic looking than the already cool looking Ather Grid 1.0 :star_struck:

3 Likes

I think it is a take on the monolith, or atleast can be assumed to look like one.

Yes it is fabled to have

4 Likes

OMG! You’re right! Like why on earth would they do that? Is it because of upgrading the points to the grid 2.0? But the optics are so bad. Imagine, the chargers in front of the EC themselves are turned off.

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji since the quantity of the vehicle are increasing in the cities, 2 port in one grid would have been good idea in 2.0

4 Likes

Updates on Grid 2.0 here:

3 Likes

Oh dear … now Ather Grid will also have bugs… They will take over everything. Its Bugs vs Humans now. We are in a war…!

1 Like

In the video at 11:30 seconds, how did he take out the charger? Without turning on the key

Is that what 2.0 gets?

4 Likes

Maybe from 80 percent onwards people can remove it without key which is what many have been asking for…

2 Likes

He could take it off since it was fully charged. Nothing related to Grid 2.0…On existing grids also, we can remove once the vehicle is fully charged. See the two below quoted announcements from Abhishek

Furthermore I found some more incorrect information in the above video

1. He says new grid can be used by other EVs also while old one cannot…This is incorrect. even the older grid charger can charge other EVs. There is a 15A socket in both old and new Grid chargers

2. He says this is compatible with all the other models-The older one was too

3. He said it charges faster - No, old public chargers also charge at the same speed as of now (1km/min for 450 and 1.5km/min for 450X). In the video you can see that from 48km range it went to 56km in around 6 mins of video time (02:42 to 08:35 of the video) When he finally took his scooter out time was 08:03pm with the scooter fully charged. He said it added 30kms in 30mins. I don’t know how 05:26pm to 08:03pm is 30 mins! Ok, let’s assume that he had removed his scooter for the other girl in that video to charge her scooter after some minutes. But even then 30kms in 30mins of cumulative charging time is not really faster. he said that after 80% it charges slowly which is true. considering all these 30mins of cumulative charging time for 30kms range 44% of charge is the same speed as that of the current public grid charger

The grid 2.0 has no change to the end user at the moment (apart from the looks).For Ather however there are some benefits. Since it is one Single piece compared to the 2-piece design, it will be faster and cheaper to manufacture and easier to install. See below announcement from Abhishek and tweet from Swapnil.

The thing that I’m most excited about this Grid 2.0 is…If it has got really cheaper, in future one might be able to get this installed in their home as their primary charger (at an additional cost obviously). Battery degradation may be a topic but I hope this Grid 2.0 is smart enough to let people choose when to fast charge and when to choose slow charging.

6 Likes

Almost all the information he said in the video was incorrect😅 and one more person replying to him was also very confident. Although he was simply murmuring something which came to his mind

1 Like