Charge Ather on Vida Stations?

Is it possible to charger Ather at Vida Charging Stations? Has anyone tried it? Is it Free/Chargeable?

Do they have the same as Ather ?

3 Likes

Yea those are inter operable and for now free but not all Vida chargers are up yet.

4 Likes

I tried using one of the VIDA cahrgers in Bangalore. The charging port is same and fits right into Ather but was unable to charge. The indicator at VIDA charging station and even on Ather dashboard screen shows ‘connecting’ (just like when we use regular charger) but the actual charging doesn’t happen even after locking the vehicle. There was a poster nearby that says ‘download My VIDA app to charge your vehicle’ but when I downloaded it and tried to register it’s only showing the option to buy VIDA and nowhere an option to start charging.

So for now I think we can’t charge our Athers and VIDA charging stations inspite of same port on both vehicles.

2 Likes

You have to get your Ather registered at Vida to use their chargers. Out of the box, it will not charge

4 Likes

giphy

This is the first time I’m hearing this.

5 Likes

Yeah. I have read so on the forum a couple of times that by default, the Vida chargers won’t connect with our Athers. I also know someone who tried the VIDA charger & it just kept showing as ‘connecting’. The irony is, Ather chargers are open to the Vida owners. They are even marketing that while selling the scooter

2 Likes

Yes, it just kept showing me ‘connecting’ but didn’t charge. By ‘get your Ather registered at Vida’ do you mean I have to go to a Vida showroom and register my Ather over there? Because at the VIDA charging station there was nothing/noone to register my Ather with.

2 Likes

I am not sure where we have to register. You can check out with the showroom once or someone in the forum might have some the answers.

2 Likes

Any updates

3 Likes

Nope. You can check with the nearest Vida showroom for confirmation

1 Like

Even though Vida has started sales in here (Chennai), There are no grids of Vida (None available at this time), I happened to meet one of the owners, and when questioned, he said “The company has asked us to charge at Ather gird” and I was like whhhaaatttt ???

Only time will tell how Vida vs Ather will go, BTW he was also unable to charge at AtherGrid. I hope Ather blocks access to Vida for now as it will be inconvenient for Ather owners as pay-per-use is yet to come.

1 Like

Offtopic but urgent. I am getting this error while trying to make a post, anyone can help? (tried all categories)

An error occurred: Access Denied

2 Likes

You are on basic level, you have to complete the guidelines posted on the homepage and be atleast member level to post on topics

4 Likes

Just received the 8.1.0 update (beta). It initially mentioned charging will be enabled with Vida stations but now that exact text is not available on the new in update section.

1 Like

Android or iOS?

This is on iOS. The version was 8.1.0 (30). Now, it is updated to 8.1.0 (31) with no prior history of the (30) update available in the list of previous builds.

4 Likes

Wonder how they’re predicting the number of vehicles waiting near a grid charger.

1 Like

Same here. I am still unable to see the waiting list on any of the occupied grids

1 Like

Based on GPS Location of scooter or they might give an option in app to put in queue if you’re near grid

4 Likes