Changing Stock Tyres

How is the performance

8 Likes

can you share pictures,Is the tyre hitting the rear tyre hugger ?

3 Likes

IMG_20220104_184524

7 Likes

What changes do you notice after the swap? Comfort, range, grip on dry/wet/slip conditions, etc?

4 Likes

hi , has anyone got their tyres replaced recently in bangalore? My tyres are worn out and I was waiting for them to be back in stock since October 2021. I prefer the stock tyres over 3rd party ones, hence didnt opt for the third party ones.

3 Likes

Many owners like me went for Mchillen tyres in months of owning the scooter, most of us switched because of poor grip and slippage in MRF. if they don’t have tyres you can switch to city pro 90/90 12"

How is the performance? is the Ride stability improved? Is the Range affected?

4 Likes

Performance is much better… Get more confidence in cornering but quality is poor you can only expect it’s life for around 7000 to 10000km

2 Likes

UPDATE 1: March 11, 2022 More experienced users say Michelin pilot street has very little water traction since there are no water channels. They switched back to stock because it felt very risky. Hope i land safe during rains. Please consider this when you are changing tyres.

OP

I switched to Michelin Pilot Street 90/90 12 on the rear. The ride has become more stable and smooth. Many Atherians who tested my ride confirm there is major change.

Meanwhile, the senior tyre guy at the shop i went was voting against maxxis and he actually showed how soft the tyre is. The other tyres showcased did not budge on a firm push, but maxxis just gives into well. Not sure if that means better shock absorption, but the tyre guy says it is bad.

2 Likes

Maxxis has been bad in my experience they tend to fail after 8 months, which happened to me twice, both time the side wall gave up and bulged

2 Likes

Hi all, I just completed 1500 kms and to my surprise the front tyre punctured. Really im surprised to see that the front tyre got puncture due to a small nail thats what Ather SC guys said and i do not blame them as they immediately responded and rectified with as usual local push pull puncture patch. My question is whatever may be the road say on road or off road we are living in INDIA and for all these years I owned many vehicle right from scooter/bike/car whatever it is the first puncture being noticed was not less than 10000km at least and that too it occurs on the rear tyre as in case of scooter/bike and again it takes more days/time to get a puncture in front tyre. Is it not too short period to get a puncture in my case? I feel that the tyre is so inferior to get damage in such a short period. So why im writing in this topic is many suggested few tyre brands above which is confusing, can someone suggest a brand equivalent to stock tyre in size but with more grip and to some extent puncture resistant pls.

4 Likes

Nail getting pierced into the tyre has nothing to do with the tyre quality, it’s just bad luck. Many people in this forum have upgraded their tyre to their like some of them are

Michelin 90/90 12" City PRO can be used in the front and rear Michelin 90/90 12" PILOT STREET 2 can be used in the front and rear

Upgrading if that’s an option for you (range will get decreased) and warranty may get void

TVS Remora 12" 100/80 for Front & TVS Remora 12" 110/80 For Rear

BTW no tyre is Puncture resistant.

5 Likes

How has your experience been with these?

@abhishek.balaji can we get some sort of communication regarding performance tyres? Can you either confirm or deny their launch anytime soon? :upside_down_face: At least give us a Ather recommend upsize?

4 Likes

Anyone in Vasai-Virar (Bombay) has changed their stock tyres…? Can you please suggest where? I just can’t seem to find anyone who is comfortable changing tyres due to the belt…! Ather service centre don’t change tyres (yet). Thanks guys :blush:

2 Likes

I’m thinking to change my rear tyre. I wanted the stock one from Ather so that i don’t need to get used to a different range and grip level. any suggestions on near stock tyre? I’m also considering this one…

please do suggest

3 Likes

Go for Michelin Pilot street pro 2 tyres. They’re very good. I got my replaced within 1 month from date I purchased Ather

4 Likes

How about the efficiency? Is there any change?

1 Like

No… it’s the stock specifications 12” 90/90 You can go ahead without any doubt in mind

4 Likes

I’ve heard that due to excess grip and soft compound rubber , the range is lower and also the tyre wear is higher

3 Likes

Yes it’s bit true but not that much… The ride comfort and safety outweighs the little less life than other tyres.

3 Likes

Hi team, @abhishek.balaji2 @tarun Which are these tyres, I think size is also bigger, Ather team please can you suggest tyre size and brand for performance tyres, I have almost clocked 11000 KM and tyres are worn out. Your help on the same would be great help. Also suggest how to buy TPMS through available credits. Thanks

5 Likes