Changing Stock Tyres

It’s a common practice around the world the factory tyres will not have same quality as retail ones. They are made for cheaper prices and low quality but that help both companies in different ways like Ather will have to bear less on tyres and MRF will sell more to Ather as well as sell more replacement tyres once they are done bcz most of the people replaces with the same tyres which they got while they bought the vehicle. It’s just have industry works.

Also i have heard that get the tyres changed outside and or tyre from another brand may void warranty as per Ather. Not sure if that is true.

Most manufacturers buy tyres in bulk at dirt cheap prices. Unbelievably low. In order to supply at those rates tyre manufacturers produce special batches of low quality tyres. Same brand and model bought outside will be much better because you are paying the actual price. When you buy a new vehicle just exchange on day 1 and get maximum buy back for your stock tyres.

3 Likes

Then Why does the rear tyre on my 450x says 100-80/12?

Gen 2 tyres were 90/90-12

Gen 3 onwards they introduced new MRF Zapper FN with 100/80-12 tyres for the rear.

I have Ather 450X Gen 3 I got MRF Zapper Tyres which they introduced with Gen 3 and same tyres now can be seen with Other EV 2W also like OLA and TVS , I have clocked 6K Kms till now and my Rear Tyre got 7-8 punctures till now and front one is still safe , What i noticed is , The Grooves which these Zapper Tyre has are very deep and outer portion is hard and never got puncture on the outer portion , but and portion inside those grooves are probably thinner and can be pierced easily and all of my punctures are on these grooves only everytime.

Positive thing which I noticed is even after riding 6K Kms , Tyres doesn’t look like Old due to those grooves which are deep and i remember my old scooter where I changed tyres (rear one) every 5K kms

2 Likes

Maybe they are filling some high performance air in the tyres :smiley:

BTW I’m still trying to figure out if anyone has fitted a 110 tyre at the rear.

So which would be better michallen pilot street 2 or michallen street pro

I want same range and better grip

Have Ather 450x gen 3

Pilot Street 2 will give better grip for spirited riding

Any effect in range

I have the ntorq OE size tvs eurogrip 110/80 at the rear. It fits perfectly in case that’s what you are wondering.

Street 2s are only available in 90/90 right? Or is there a street 2 with 100/80 for the rear as well, like they are for gen 3

All variants of Michelin are available in 90/90/12. Nothing in 100/80/12

I was told that the 110 section tyre touches the swing arm.

I think it depends on the tyre. I have not had any issues with TVS Eurogrip

Changed my tyres to Michelin Pilot Street 2 yesterday.

7 Likes

It’s been a few days on the new Michelins. The ride and handling is definitely better than my old set up (Stock MRF done 29.5K kms in the front and a Michelin City Extra on the rear. No idea how many kms on the rear). I’ve only done a test ride long back on a scooter with both stock tires so difficult to compare.

I think the Michelin Pilot Street 2 are a good upgrade and I’ll definitely recommend the same. I wish these tyres were available in 100/80/12.

I have MRF Zapper N 100/80-12 56J fitted in the Rear of my 450X Gen 3

My front tyre didn’t get puncture even once but rear got 7-8 punctures till now and old punctures are loosing air soo thought of changing the tyre , only ridden 8K kms on it , In the Market I am getting MRF Zapper FN 100/80-12 56L

I am confused about Zapper N & Zapper FN and also 56J & 56L

1 Like

What’s your front tire size ?

MRF Zapper N 90/90-12

1 Like

Me having same confusion but zapper fn for front fitment to ntorq