Can Ather 450x get hill assist

Recently when I was watching the launch of ola ev, they showcased hill assist feature. If the vehicle is stopped at an inclination, the vehicle was intelligent enough to hold the vehicle in the same position until accelerated. Does that require a hardware change or can it be done in software. Can any one throw a light on this topic.

I feel it’s nice to have feature to PPL who park their flight on an incline. I also do. I have to manage to park it at a point where there is a small stone. If I want to do that with side stand open, the vehicle can’t turn on ( remember safety feature). So I have to manually push and adjust the stand’s landing point.

Hope you got my concern.

10 Likes

I really need this feature.

But I remember someone from ather stating we should not use throttle to keep 450x from rolling backwards. So this feature may not be feasible from current system in 450x/+

1 Like

It can be done with few conditions met, Motor ON, Scooter on complete stop, and regen on full, it’s just a few software codes that need to be written. This will ensure that the person is not trying to push or pull the scooter and the regen on 100 percent after a complete stop which will force the motor to lock up and as soon as acceleration is given then the Regen can stop and scooter can move

4 Likes

I asked for a simple brake lock, they said no. LOL.

2 Likes

For brake lock u need some hardware changes. But for hill hold assist u need some software changes which I guess it’s possible.

2 Likes

Can be achieved by software as well

1 Like

I am also like some important features are missing in ATHER I think the software developer is very slow not good They are taking too much time to develop a good software I think ather will start thinking about that Ola upcoming scooters good future and also some other companies good facility in good amount ather x we have got Bluetooth and 4 speed mod but ather plus they not provide it’s a software only control the scooter but I think the software is not too good Buy ather scooter about the after 3 years I will return the scooter because switch to Ola

Liked your knowledge on this. I don’t know if it’s feasible. May be Ather should hire you.