Buy Vs Lease Vs Loan

Okay, I spoke to Autovert and here is their reply :slight_smile:

Money’s equivalent could be - using the cashback equivalent amount as a down-payment for an upgrade to another new vehicle in the Autovert portfolio if available and if customer chooses that at the time of exit

9 Likes

Appreciate for closing the loop… It make sense…

1 Like

Is there a restriction on number of kms during the lease period ?

Usually 2 days I think

As I remember, there is none. Warranty of Ather on km will outshine Autovert’s restriction if any. Anyway, you may check with Autovert. You may whatsapp them and they are fast to respond you.

1 Like

Hello Folks,

Have done the pre-booking today at Chennai event.

Have some queries:

1. In case, if leasing is to be transferred to some other party is it possible?

2. Does Ather one plan reimburse my charging cost for home charging grid and transfer of home charging grid installation will be done free? if am relocating to any other geography? If vehicle is under lease/loan/owned?

1 Like

you can contact Autovert for these questions ,
care@autovert.in
7676217677 (whatsapp number )

1 Like

Ans.

1. No you can not transfer lease to anyone ( For more details you lease partner Autovert)
  2. I think they may charge you for gride installation in case of transfer to other location in any kind of ownership.

Thanks ppl. Can anyone share me the leasing terms and conditions here if available.

Check this out here,

https://autovertplug.com/plan/ather-450

https://lease.autovert.in/faq

1 Like

Hi all, I have just pre booked my ather 450 … any idea on the finance available for this vechicle … and doesnthe current budget favor the owner owning ev vechiles ? Please advise .

Congratulations. Yes, you have 2 options on finance 1) Loan 2) Lease. When Ather calls you to confirm the readiness, you may decide what to pick. Go through the above thread where plenty of information on these are available.

On recent budget information, I guess you may be able to avail interest amount waiver on loan (from your income) on immediate effect. However you may need to wait for GST reduction as it has to pass through the GST council.

1 Like

I had a lot of people who came to me asking if I have to Buy or Lease the vehicle during the Chennai Launch Event.

I have a simple answer to that

If you consider Ather (your vehicle) as a technology - Just lease it. Because you might want to end the lease after 2/3 years term and want to buy what’s new in the market.

If you consider Ather as a vehicle - Just buy it. Most probably you’ll be keeping it for more than 3 years and not really be bothered to upgrade your vehicle if there is anything new in the market.

13 Likes

This is probably the simplest and most apt answer for Buy Vs Lease dilemma.

2 Likes

That’s my new mantra to this question. :slight_smile:

After speaking to Murali and Devin in the Chennai event, I was inclined to Buy but after speaking to @rajeshkav I am now in a dilemma if I have to go for Lease or Buy.

If you are unsure about committing the full payment, then lease it. You can always buy it out at the end of the lease if you wish.

2 Likes

I bought it because I probably won’t change it for 4-5 years. So if you want to keep it for a long term, buy it. Or else lease it.

With the recent subsidy increase, your buyout amount after lease period became cheaper by 5k.

In my calculation, you need to keep the vehicle for 5 years. Anything less, better lease it.

I leased it because I was not able to afford the full amount to buy. I will definitely buy after my lease period.

In fact I want check if Autovert has any yearly, half yearly and quarterly plans. so that I can finish payment soon.

1 Like