Battery Pack

color options available for battery :wink:

5 Likes

How efficient in Ather 450 and it’s battery when there is water logging due to heavy rain? Will it be able to bypass it as good as petrol vehicles?

1 Like

Can do everything an ICE bike can, without worrying about exhaust fumes or a hydro-lock because of water entry into the engine

2 Likes

My area gets flooded quite often and I’ve ridden it multiple times on flooded roads. I can confidently say that it’ll be totally fine. If you travelled through muddy water, just make sure you wash the belt when you can, for maximum performance.

9 Likes

Battery kwh??
Battery volts??
Battery ah??

Battery is 2.4 kWh

2 Likes

This is critical to cut down the downtime because of charging especially considering a Low range of under 100km to a charge! If the charging time could be cut from a couple of hours to a few mins, then this product would find even wider traction.

There are technical limitations to charging in under a few minutes!

Where does Ather source their battery cells from, for Ather 450? Panasonic or LG or other company?

2 Likes

I heard from many including @tarun during Open Forum that keeping the charge between 30% to 80% keeps the battery healthy.

While we can ensure most of the time that battery level does not go below 30%, how do we ensure that battery level stops @ @80%, without needing to go and switch off? (which is not practical)

1. Like few requested during Open forum, there should be an option in app to stop charging at certain battery % instead of 100%
  2. Or, use smart plug and set the timer (to switch off) based on the rough estimate shown in the app.
  3. Any other simpler way?

On another note, if Ather has capped the battery capacity to 2.4 Kwh instead of 2.7 Kwh, which means we are charging only 90% of the battery capacity.

So, all these 80% thing should be for 90%, right? Even fast charging should be available until 90% instead of current 80%, isnt it?

nice logic

but also understand

any EV company or a org. which develops battery on their own does this just to prolong battery life

these days even smartphone companies are doing the same

they limit the capacity and further allow the user to fast charge till 80% and rest slow charging

i read an article on a cargo ship which was converted to electric which have considerable size of battery pac (a big room is allocated to inverter itself and batteries are stored in big conditioned containers)

it has only fleet distance of 15-30km but it makes 3 stops during the trip

they had installed chargers (customized) at every hop harbor

ideally with such a big battery they can complete a round trip with one charge

but they choose to keep charge between 40 and 66% at all times - even when it is docked!

the idea is

they are planning not to replace battery for entire life of the cargo ship which will be considerably many years

in this situation for the application they choose (ship) and composition of battery they choose - arrived at a ideal battery % for a prolonged life

in short

these are measures to improve battery life as much as possible

but this can vary - after-all it is not standardized yet and we just started

for now forget all those worries and enjoy the bike potential - but keep posting ideas

10 Likes

Link?

i just remember not having link at the moment

I’ll let u know when i find it

2 Likes

Not sure if this is a right forum for my query,
How to activate shutdown mode? (I could not find this information in Ather site)
Thank you in advance for your explanation.

Tap “menu” button on the top left of the main screen. There you’ll find “Shutdown” on the bottom left of the screen

Thank you very much

was reading this statement with regards to battery

“Many users are unaware that the fuel gauge only shows SoC; capacity, the leading health indicator, remains unknown.”

so, is there any SoP (even if it is internal to Ather) which you have figured out to determine actual health

am interested to know if it is possible to determine when battery is showinf SoC as 100%

what is it exactly referring to

in other words 100% of what?

2.4kW or lets say after 5 years of use capacity might go down to 2kW (considering godd usage though) is there a procedure to understand what is the 100% referring to - is actual capacity of 2kW - can we determine that!

@Ather.Team please help me understand this

am sure u must have some device to measure energy consumed by battery while charging and energy spent while discharging - this way it should be easy for u sto determine (please correct me if am wrong)

4 Likes

I hope you are asking about measuring battery’s degraded capacity… Some laptops used to have tool which says actual battery health in terms of percent like 80%…

By measuring discharge cycle Ather should be able to tell this in app or dashboard…

1 Like

yes am referring to the same

1 Like