Battery Pack

I am happy that the battery degradation is not high and the battery is still retaining >95% of the capacity for most of us.

50k in Dec 2020 looks to be a way different than the estimate we all heard in 2018-19. Will be good to see an official response on what is the revised estimate and why it deviated so much?

1 Like

Can we shutdown the Ather 450X daily after use, the next day usage gap will be minimum 10 to 12hrs… please let me know

1 Like

Sure, you may do so… No harm to any electronics circuitry if you shutdown frequently. Only inconvenience is that it may take couple of minutes of booting time when you turn on again. If that is not an inconvenience, please go ahead.

7 Likes

Hey @abhishek.balaji @rajeshkav why do you suggest we don’t shutdown on a regular basis? So I travel around 50-60km and I shutdown after I reach my office so that there’s no idle discharge. Logically why do you ask us not to shutdown? And when I spoke to Shubham about the resistor issue for vehicles <vin 2700 something he said my vehicle is alright. Nothings being done. I’ve been regularly shutting down the vehicle. I don’t understand why you ask us not to.

I’ll have same amount of charge when I switch it on.

And No reduction in battery life? I own an Ather 450.

2 Likes

@rajeshkav has actually said you can shutdown as long as you are okay with inconvenience of waiting little more until booting. Personally i would be okay as it takes hardly 30-40 seconds which is less than the time I take to wear helmet and adjust the mask :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For VIN <2973, it is advised to shut down only below 50% SoC as stated in below FAQ.

However there are some users out there who shut down frequently like you , who did not face any issue. Since Ather has noticed this would be the possible issue, they have advised the same.

7 Likes

Today I noticed a huge dip in battery all of a sudden. Usually I ride 45-50 kms a day. In mix of Ride and Sport and reach home at 26-30% battery remaining. Today when I was way back home I was on Ride mode and all of a sudden I noticed the speed decreased and realised it’s 17% and in Eco mode. Couldn’t understand what happened there, luckily I was 4 kms away from home and reached in Eco mode. Did this happen to anyone? @abhishek.balaji what do suggest ? Should I raise a service request to get it checked.

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji I am a 450 owner , about to complete 3 years warranty period next month, I will be out of warranty, I had a concern that Ather 450 has BMS issue and it may not wake up after a shutdown , If this problem occurs post warranty, will the issue be fixed without any expense from owner or we need to pay for the fix, I guess many 450 owners will have same concern, your reply will help many 450 owners like me.

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Appreciate if you could give some response in this regard

4 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking after they charged me for the motor wiring. I guess after warranty they’ll start charging you for everything now, even if it’s a manufacturing defect.

3 Likes

It has been 4 days and 2 reminders but no one from Ather team has shared any info regarding post warranty BMS fix

1 Like

There has been enough questions on this. But, we have not heard about this.

I was avoiding shut-down when SoC is high. Since 3 months, I am shutting down whenever needed even if SoC 90% also. If it gets a problem, I thought let me fix it thru warranty.

For all the vehicles which are vulnerable for the shutdown bug, the least Ather can guarantee is: if this issue occurs, they can fix it even if it is out of warranty.

2 Likes

Hey Rahul, the Forum is meant for interactions amongst the owners, and other such discussions. Would suggest to reach out to the Customer Support for this query.

I’m sure customer care will have zero clue about what this BMS issue is. They’ll request a callback from a service engineer and that’ll never happen even if you call CC every day and request a callback every day.

This BMS thing was an issue that was clarified and explained by forum managers earlier for everyone to see and I think it’s only fair that it gets answered here for everyone’s knowledge.

8 Likes

You echoed the exact words what many of us would have said. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Does any have an idea about the discharge rate of the battery in ideal mode (not running).

I’ll be getting my 450x delivery today. I was able to connect to my ride through the app yesterday.

The battery was @ 44% and today I see it at 38%. When I called the showroom, they said the bike hasn’t moved since yesterday. Is this okay? The rate of discharge I mean…

Please help.

I certainly get annoyed by the phantom drain. But I see it in terms of kms/ range lost when its idle. Looking at it in terms of % may seem its worse. But its not that worse IMO. At higher charge status, the drain is quicker but then it settles down. Like for e.g. I returned home at 1 pm and the range was 61 kms, its 5 now and its at 60 kms which I feel is normal. With lower battery capacity, the drain becomes more evident. Hopefully that helps. Peace :v:

2 Likes

In Ather scooter are you using active cooling system or passive cooling system sir.

it has an active cooling system as it has fans

1 Like

guys, is there any way to get the approx SoH of the battery? my warranty is about to expire in 4k kms, will ride and charge the scooter mindfully if the SoH is too bad😅

1 Like