Battery Pack

Makes sense but isn’t it designed to be in the sun at that heat for a few hours? Also, I didn’t hear the fan kick in till after about 4-5 kms into the ride. Maybe it wasn’t too hot.

Yup. It is designed for the heat. The chance also maybe the bms learning the batterystats? Not sure now. Maybe someone from ather can clarify here?

2 Likes

I’m gonna contact CS soon for an explanation. Happened again, went from 88% and 65 Kms to 91% and 67 kms

2 Likes

I’ve noticed similar fluctuations too but slightly different. Whenever I charge to 91-95% the previous night and switch off (no shutdown), it stays the same or reduces only by 1%. After the recent update where the scooter status syncs to the phone, I found out it reduces by 2-3% and increases again later.

Another instance: Came home at 5am today with 40%. Just parked my scooter and crashed. Woke up at 11 and charge status was at 36%. Pretty normal. But at about 1pm, it went up to 37%.

This doesn’t affect the performance or electricals in any way, so I’ve just ignored it assuming the BMS is just having a little party and recovering from the hangover before I ride.

2 Likes

Lol! Sounds very similar to my situation. I’m guessing its just the BMS recalibrating or whatever. But, this does not affect performance or user experience in any way. If anything, it is great to see some 2 km of bonus range.

1 Like

@acorreya , @channelcarrera,

This phenomenon is called voltage bouce back and it is quite common in high drain vehicles. This issue is discussed in length and I am adding that link here again

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/battery-soc-indicator/2902/15?u=rajeshkav

Nothing to worry about and it is quite common.

6 Likes

Ahh! This is so interesting! I feel like I’m something new about EVs everyday.

3 Likes

What’s the idle battery drain rate.

1 Like

1% every 2 hours roughly. But could be lesser.

2 Likes

Thanks, because I had a drain of 2% for 18 hours.

Yup, it varies a lot actually. Over a 10 or 12 hour period, overnight or at the office parking lot, I lose about 5%. But in 24 hours, I’ll lose only 8%. If I charge the vehicle to somewhere between 92-95% the previous night, I lose 1-2% in 10-12 hours. Or if it’s at 93% exactly previous night, I lose 0% by morning. Might even gain 1% :joy: #firstworldproblems

1 Like

Interesting and yet confusing :rofl:

Soon I’ll get used to it :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

We lose more battery when we need it the most basically XD

Not if you plan your day/ride properly :wink: I have never had my Ather die on me or fall below 40-50% when I really need it. I have become a bit more disciplined because of Ather :smiley:

2 Likes

I plan my ride with a buffer and end up having the buffer percentage left at the end of the ride. I’ve never got stuck up in the middle of the road

It depends on the SoC, battery temperature, use of connectivity services,where it is parked (under the sun or not), etc…

@abhishek.balaji Ather should have by now have at-least a year of data about the scooters on road. Would it be possible to see the battery degradation that has taken place on these scooters in sort of a graph against time/ Kms ridden/ user profile. Would lead to peace of mind to existing owners and confidence in to be owners. Possible?

4 Likes

If I am right, degradation has many factors and conditions to count.Also, it might trigger a paranoid response in owners to save the trickle of battery health becise it is the only major recurring cost in eV.

But it would be nice to see an average right? Since most of the factors and conditions concerning degradation will usually be close the average, barring a few extreme case. I feel it will be useful information to know from the collected data.

It’s still fairly early to try to make sense of battery degradation data from scooters on road. It also depends on individual riding styles and usage/charging patterns. It’s not something in our immediate roadmap at this stage.