Battery drain in shutdown mode

the thread is about shutdown mode bruh

3 Likes

Does the battery drain like 6-7 percent while just turning the key off overnight?

1 Like

Battery drain will happen as it’s connected scooter like mobile. But 6 to 7 % is on higher side. Most people repeats about 3 to 4 % overnight drain.

3 Likes

If overnight means 11pm to 8am then around 3-4% is normal

However it might consume more during updates or if you leave the navigation running

1 Like

But todays update Not even drained 1 percent😅

2 Likes

Yes. There is some change. As I am a new user March 23, what I noticed recently is I daily drive gen 3 for about 22 kms, out of this 6kms is with pillion rider. In ride mode, consumption of battery was about 16% but now in warp mode ( speed 40 to 55) , it takes only 18% i.e. 4% less. Another thing, in warp mode itself at two different times, consumption was 39KWH and once it was 29 KWH. How is this difference? I shutdowned for two days but no battery drain without shut down it one percent overnight…

1 Like

Facing the exact same issue, have been doing proper shutdown very regularly and I have never seen a single % drain in battery even in a weeks time. But after the latest update (11.5.7- 202328), the shutdown doesn’t seems to work only. Battery drains the way it does on a regular day. It is really annoying to see a 100% charge go to 60-70% after a few day which would otherwise stay at 99 or even 100% before the. Update. It’s also connected to the app as well, showing proper battery status, location and everything else. There seems to be an error in shutdown mode.

1 Like

Here’s my drain for 25 days of shutdown,I have booted the scooter 3 times scooter for 3 updates during this period and check how’s the drain but haven’t ridden it since july 11 full charge

4 Likes

Interesting. 7% drain in 25 days.

5% drain in 7 days

Is anyone facing overall reduction in range that Ather has said like if we charge to 100% we will get 70 kms but i am getting 69kms! Has the battery started ageing already?

In my case i shutdown the scooter(gen 3) at 71% on Sunday and today it was down to 67%. 4% drain in 5 days. I don’t recollect this happening before.

1 Like

Right. Battery drain in shutdown mode is concerning

2 Likes

In the past, I have seen this weird behavior once in a while. Mine has been in shutdown mode for the past 8 days now. SOC was at 67%. I will check if there is any battery drain next week & report here.

1 Like

Even i charged Ather to 100% and disconnected at 12 midnight and today morning it was 97% with no shutdown

I was out of town on 15 aug so i finished 100% charging at 9 am aug 15 and i shut down Ather Next morning at 9:30 am i turned it on from shut down mode and i saw 9% batt drain even in dhut down mode !!!

3 Likes

Update on the battery drain after 10 days. The battery was at 63% after turning it on. 4% drain in 10 days seems reasonable. However, the shutdown drain has been quite inconsistent across the SOC range, especially above 85%.

1 Like

for me it held 100% for 12 days then started dropping to 93% till 25 days

1 Like

In contrast, my Ather has been at the Service Centre since 02 Aug… for almost 20 days, the battery drained from 83% to 22% now. This is without shutdown mode though, I used to get notifications that scooter is moved too.

It’s stuck in SC just for one Brake Lever :sob: Spent 1000s on Petrol now without my scooter :confused:

1 Like

I have never had 0% drain when in shutdown mode for 5-6 days. There has always been a 1-2% drop. I remember shutting it down at 98+ SOC 2-3 times for 3 days and I had a drain of around 2-3%.

After full shutdown for one week the battery drained form ~73% to ~63%.

Is this expected ? Why this much battery percentage drop when nothing is used?

1 Like